Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2001, 10:04 PM
Gidget1

Default Sky Suites on Millie

Hi,
My husband and I are sailing on the Millennium and have a sky suite.. never been in a suite before.. any ideas what they are like? Does anyone have photos of them?
Please advise. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2001, 10:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Sky Suites on Millie

We were on the Infinity in Alaska in July in #6126 and it was fabulous!!!! Loved the butler,Joseph!!! I think you can see photos on uniglobe,mytravelco or travelocity. You have the time of your lives!!! Where are you going?????
Old October 7th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Mike C

The biggest difference is floor space. You can actually move around the bed without asking your spouse to move or tripping on the corner of the bed. There is a window in the tub/shower area that overlooks the room which is romantic. The bath is tiled in marble including the vanity. There is more space to move in the bath as well and they even put a scale on the floor which my wife schreiked when she saw it. There are no jets in the whirlpool tub or internet access in the cabin as the brochure states. The balcony has teak furniture vs. the plastic strap on the other cabins.

Butler service is great right down to tying my bow tie on formal nights. He delivers tea & deserts at 4:00 and Canapes at 5:30. I you don't ask he will not leave any if you are not there. Ask him to shine your shoes. They come back better than you will get at shoe cobbler. We did not take advantage of the unpack/pack service but we heard it was great.

Enjoy, It is worth the upgrade from a regular cabin.
Old October 7th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Gidget1

We're going Oct 28th, and doing the Eastern Caribbean.. Nassau, St. Thomas, and Casa De Campo in the D.R. We already signed up for the Dolphin Encounter, and I'm looking forward to that. We're celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary. Little nervous on flying and travelling now due to 11Sept.. but am not allowing any terrorist regime, run my life. We just bought an American Flag and Canadian Flag pin to show my solidarity with my American neighbours. Thanks for your words of encouragement... looking forward to having a 'butler' :> (Never encountered one before in my life).
We're staying on the sky deck. Never sailed Celebrity before, only Royal Carib., Carnival and NCL (my mom and I sailed an old ship called the ssVeracruz from Bahamas Cruise Lines.. back in the mid 70's).
Old October 7th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Gidget1

My husband is really looking forward to the butler service... and the fact that we won't have to 'trip' over each other in the cabin. I had heard that with the suites you get priority embarkation. I presume that this is indicated in a line somewhere at the pier when you check in?? Any further info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the tip about the bath... is there comp soap, gel etc.. that is displayed in the bathroom? We are both so looking forward to this holiday.. but still a little nervous about travelling.
Old October 8th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Mike C

Yes, you get a special check-in line for Suites/Captains Club, there will be a sign.

Plenty of good quality soap and other toiletries complementary on a shelf behind the door. There is shower caps and sewing kits and the other stuff you find in 4 star hotels. The closet doors have switches to automatically turn on the lights in the closet.

The dark blue tote bag in the cabin is yours to keep so don't be afraid to use it. The yellow towels they charge $46 to your account if they are not in the room when you leave.

We recieved champagne from the hotel manager in our cabin the first night, probably a suite amenity.

If you have any other questions I am sure that I have left something out.
Old October 8th, 2001, 06:21 PM
rvguys

This is ptoto that we had on the Milliennum.

Old October 8th, 2001, 06:28 PM
First Mate

You also get priority tendering---no waiting to get off the ship!!!! Definitely, the best perk is the butler. Nothing is out of his way to accomplish. Want to change dining partners or tables?---no problem!! Cocktail party in your suite even using liquor you brought on board?---no problem!!! Cook that halibut you caught in Alaska and make special dinner for it in the suite---no problem!!! It didn't hurt that we fed alot of the staff with it,also!! Have Fun!!!!
Old October 9th, 2001, 11:14 AM
jp garnier

Fort Lauderdale clearly marks the area to go if you are in a suite or members of the repeaters club. This makes it very easy.
Old October 9th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Mike C

It also helps when you are making reservations at the Olympic. Everyone wants to dine there while you are at sea since it takes 3 hours. We not only got the day we wanted but one of two premium tables in the corners of the walnut paneled room. Our table mates booked the same room and either had to eat at 6 or 8:30 vs. the 7 seating we had.
Old October 11th, 2001, 12:13 AM
Gidget1

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the advice about the Olympic dining room... we'll be sure to make reservations, once we get on board. I guess I could ask the 'butler' to do that for me? Gee, I'm kind of dumbfounded on what type of things, I could ask my butler to do?? Would he/she arrange the shore excursions for me too? Also could we have him/her arrange for our table for two in the dining room? So many ?'s.. I feel fairly naive about this sort of thing. I'll check for the soaps, etc on the back shelf. I heard from someone, that Celebrity now uses soap dispensers in the bath/shower. I understand too, that there may not be internet service.. and that they do not supply you with a laptop? I guess I'll find out when we we get on board.

Thanks again.

Gidget1
Old October 11th, 2001, 12:16 AM
Gidget1

Thanks Nancy,

I'll definitely think of things for my butler to do... even tho I feel somewhat 'weirded out' about having one. Thanks for your advice about the tendering... good to know! Only 3 wks to go!!

Gidget1
Old October 11th, 2001, 12:17 AM
Gidget1

Thanks Nancy,

I'll definitely think of things for my butler to do... even tho I feel somewhat 'weirded out' about having one. Thanks for your advice about the tendering... good to know! Only 3 wks to go!!

Gidget1
Old October 11th, 2001, 12:20 AM
Gidget1

Thanks for the photo of a sky suite.. looks pretty spacious to me.

Gidget1
Old October 11th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Mike C

Hi Gidget,

We were at a loss as to how to take advantage of his services as well. I guess the best thing is when you have a problem ask and see if he can take care of it. Are you on the even number side of the Penthouse deck? If so your Butler's name is Carl. We booked shore excursions from the TV, it worked fine as they have videos to describe each one. If you are after a table for two I would go to the Rendevous lounge imediately after boarding. The restraunt staff is there making the table arrangements. There are only a couple of good tables by the railing for two. The rest are in bad locations by the kitchen door. They definitely did not have soap dispensers in the suite. You are correct that internet is not provided for sky suites, just the Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse suites. The online lounge is 95 cents per minute which adds up quickly. Another warning, don't use the online lounge while the ship is moving, if the computer loses the satellite due to movement you are still charged.
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:13 AM
Gidget1

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the tip.. re: table in dining room. We'll check out the table situation as soon as we board the ship. We are on the sky deck.. suite 9111. We are under the Grille.. but I don't foresee any problems, as we are 'somewhat' early risers! When we were on the Explorer last November.. my brother wanted me to email him from the ship.. When I saw how much it was going to cost.. and don't forget.. our being Canadian and with the exchange.. it was going to cost a pretty penny. I decided to send him a postcard instead. This is getting more exciting as we get closer to the date!
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Mike C

Gidget,

A word of caution, the suite you are in has a balcony that is partially visible from the glass elevators. Please keep this in mind when you go out there. You might want to see if anything is available on the Penthouse deck when you board. The suites on that level are further away from the glass elevators.