Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Admiral

Default Galaxy to use Baltimore next year

Just found out that the Galaxy will be sailing to/from Baltimore for six months next year, beginning in March. She will be doing 10 and 11 day Canada/New England and Caribbean cruises. Yippee!!!! I can drive to Baltimore!
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2001, 06:34 AM
MaryKay

Default Re: Galaxy to use Baltimore next year

I just recently heard this from my TA. She received a FAX from the Celebrity District Sales Manager about this. What a wonderful surprise!! We live in Balto. about 40 minutes from the pier. As a matter of fact, we just returned from Bermuda on board the Zenith which was moved from the NY pier to our pier. How did you come by this info? I'm going to call Celebrity today and see if I can get more info.
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Mary K

This is great news for us also. We live in northern Virginia so it's also easy for us to leave out of Baltimore. We've been on the Galaxy twice before.

We are leaving on the Zenith this weekend (10/27) out of Baltimore for a back-to-back cruise! I am so excited. We were upgraded to a suite!
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:54 AM
MaryKay

We were just making plans to book our cruise for next year and Galaxy was one of the ships we were considering (Southern Caribbean out of San Juan). So, if this is really going to happen, we will definitely be on one of the cruises. According to the pictures of the Galaxy, she looks absolutely beautiful!

How did you manage an upgrade to a suite. Everytime we inquire about this we are told that Celebrity does not give upgrades to Suites; and we are Captains Club members too! What's the deal?
Old October 25th, 2001, 09:46 AM
David Starkey

I am very interested in a Canada/New England iten, when i called Celebrity this am they say the iten has not been "loaded" yet and they cannot confirm iten or pricing yet. I wish we knew when the sailings will open for booking or what the exact iten's will be......pls keep us informed CruiseAholic....
Old October 25th, 2001, 04:06 PM
hct

I hope this March change is AFTER the So. Carib. itinerary is completed in March 2002..as our trip begins in San Juan!
Old October 26th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Mary K

I think the reason why we got upgraded for the cruise we are going on tomorrow (10/27) is because we booked it some 10 months ago. After 9/11 the ship moved out of New York to Baltimore and I'm sure that there were many cancellations as a result. This is the first time we've ever been upgraded on Celebrity and we Captain Club members also. I think they may have drastically reduced the prices for other categories so they moved us up. I too have heard that Celebrity does not usually upgrade so we are pleasantly surprised.
Old October 28th, 2001, 04:53 PM
Marsha Norris

Help!!! We are booked on the Galaxy in October 2002, looks like this one is out. Does anyone have any idea what, if anything, Celebrity will do. We have not heard a blasted thing. Seems like they would let us know that are already booked and under deposit. Guess I am wrong.
Old October 29th, 2001, 09:24 PM
chellie

Yep, From Springfield, VA we can be there in an hour. Belize City, here we come!!!!!
Old October 29th, 2001, 09:24 PM
chellie

Yep, From Springfield, VA we can be there in an hour. Belize City, here we come!!!!!
Old October 30th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Marsha, that is what your TA is for. Sure hope you used one! Give them a call to discuss. It is not Celebrity's responsibility to contact every passenger. That's why using a travel agent was always recommended. Recently we had a change of itinerary for this Friday's cruise on Celebrity. We received a nice letter from our national travel agency with an outline of the changes and it was post marked on Monday when the announcement was Saturday. I have no problem with that timely response.
Bon Voyage
Old November 1st, 2001, 10:06 AM
Frank C

I got a call from my travel agent on Monday, saying that itineraries 3/15 and later would be changed to Baltimore departures. She switched us to the Infinity for southern carib. out of San Juan for the same price as Galaxy, even though cabins are $200-300 more on Infinity.

We sailed on Millenium, the sister ship to Infinity last Easter and it was a luxurious cruise. The ambiance was spectacular, first class all the way. You would do well to switch to Infinity, if you can. Good luck. We are going on 3/30 cruise for easter week. When are you going?