Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2001, 08:35 AM
Mary K

Default Cost of Cat. 2C on Summit?

We are planning on a cruise to Hawaii next September and I'm beginning my research on the cost of the cruise. We are interested in a cat. 2 cabin on the Summit. What do you think is a "good" price for a cabin in that category?

Ordinarily I would use my uusal travel agent but unfortunately the agency merged with another agency and Celebrity Cruises are no longer their "preferred" cruise lines. Why? I don't know ... their loss.

This will be our 7th cruise with Celebrity.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2001, 09:36 AM
donnajo

Default Re: Cost of Cat. 2C on Summit?

My husband and I booked the Infinity (cat 2C) last April for 10 day Hawaii. We got a great deal through Cruises Only, but my new agent at CruiseOne will match any deal and her office is close by, so I've since switched agents. However, the deal we got was 10 day cruise, 3 nights accomodations in honolulu, and R/T air from Chicago for 1899.pp. Hope this helps as a point of reference! You will have a great time! My agent is unbelievable when it comes to deals. If you would like her e-mail address or 800 number to get a quote, just e-mail me!
Old November 23rd, 2001, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

As a point of reference for you. For the CruiseMates Group Cruise on the Summit in May/02, 11 nights, Honolulu to Vancouver the CAT 2Cs are $1099 including all port and tax. If you're 55 or over, there's a senior's special.. $1079 for CAT 1As.
GREAT PRICING !!

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 23rd, 2001, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Wow....you got a 10 day cruise (cat 2C)...R/T air from Chi to Hawaii.....plus 3 nights in a hotel in Hawaii for 1899pp. That is one heck of a deal <G>
Old November 24th, 2001, 08:52 AM
donnajo

Yes, it was a steal of a deal! We had to book 11 mos. in advance and the deal was for certain sailings. Thank goodness, we have a pretty flexible schedule when it comes to vacation. Booked Summit for next April 11 days Caribbean in a category 1B for 1350.pp (Celebrity site is currently at 2159.pp for this category). But, again, we booked last May! I have a very good TA who checks all sailings for when we want to go, all categories and then sends us all the specials. I still think the most recent deals outs there are incredible! I have never seen prices so low!

What still costs an arm and a leg is airfares. We are using our frequent flier miles for next April. The airfare prices have been 370. to 450.pp!
Also, when we get our frequent flier tickets, American sends a certificate for Hyatt (stay one night, get one free), so we have reservations at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale for two nights prior to the cruise! Yay, can't wait!

Happy Sailing.
Old November 26th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Yeoman

You are going to love Pier 66 - we stayed there 2 years ago before a cruise and had a great time. Our room had a balcony that looked right over to the cruise ship piers. Great restaurants in the area - let me know if you want any info.