CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   'Galaxy July 29th (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/207977-galaxy-july-29th.html)

Flora January 20th, 2002 02:10 PM

'Galaxy July 29th

Is anyone out there going on the Galaxy on July 29th from Baltimore? We are considering it. The room with a balcony is super expensive, though. Anyone have any recommendations for a travel agent that offers great prices? Were looking at a Category 2 Anyone else going on this trip? We would love to hear from you!

catherine January 20th, 2002 09:26 PM

Re: 'Galaxy July 29th

We are going on the May 17th out of Baltimore and I have noticed that the cruises leaving from there just keep going up and up, so if you are planning on going I would book now or wait till it gets closer to when you want to leave and hope the price goes down.

kc January 21st, 2002 07:04 AM

we are booked on the september 30 sailing for the 11 night caribbean. We have a catergory 5 outside delux joining cabins, and we paid $1998.82 for 2 people. We booked that as soon as we found out that they added the baltimore sailings. I would have liked to get a balcony cabin, but I prefer to spend more when i get to the islands than on the cabin (just my preference, I'm sure it's awesome to have a balcony cabin). My travel agent is A.A.A., if you are a member of the captains club, you should have also received coupons in the mail, stating that if you book on the galaxy before the end of February, you will receive a $100 shipboard credit. We got that deal, so it is like paying $1898.82 for a 11 night cruise. what a deal. I would book now before prices start getting even higher. Good Luck
Keith

David Starkey January 21st, 2002 09:34 AM

We are booked on the May 27th, -11 night to Canada and New England. We have an ouside quad for four of us traveling at $3000.00 including port taxes for 4. Now thats a good deal !!!!

Kavoukruzian January 24th, 2002 03:45 PM

We're on the 7/29 from Baltimore. We booked back in November when we first heard. According to our ta she had to make the rounds at Celebrity to get us the $100 shipboard credits because the price is now considerably higher. I don't know the current price, but our booking is a very good value for an 11-day cruise. However we booked two connecting inside cabins for our family of four, the extra space (and bathroom) was worth more than a balcony to us.

Good luck whatever your choice.

Judy January 25th, 2002 08:58 PM

Flora,
We have booked a Sky Suite (and two other cabins) on the Galaxy for the Feb.1 sailing. If you decide on a Sky Suite, DO look at the diagrams of the balconies in the catalog. I have learned from other cruise boards, that "all Sky Suite balconies are not created equal." I was also advised not to choose one on the port side.
I called around and shopped for price, ended up with Cruises, Inc, a wholesaler I have used several times since 1995. Try Claudia, 800-952-3289. Please do not send anything to my Email on this, rather reply on this board. This is a surprise for my husband. He doesn't know he is going on a trip! Happy Sailings.

Ann January 25th, 2002 10:27 PM

We're booked on the Aug. 9th sailing from Baltimore. We are traveling with my two teenage daughters. I hope I chose the right ship. I cruised as a kid and loved it but my family has never been on a cruise. We booked a veranda room and an inside room directly across, both on the penthouse deck. According to the above messages, we did not get a deal! oh well...

Debbie January 26th, 2002 08:42 AM

Judy wrote:
>
> I was also advised not to
> choose one on the port side.

Judy,

I have a sky suite as well, but on a March sailing. I had to check my ship definitions, but our cabin is on the starboard side. I hadn't heard about avoiding port side. Do you know why? Friends have a cabin on port side.

By the way, when will you tell your husband about his surprise cruise? and how?

Debbie