We're going but wish we more excited--always get cold feet right before. First time flying since 9/11 and anxious about this. Know once we get on the boat we'll be psyched. Anyone else going on this cruise?
Here's a few suggestions from some old pros (this is our second cruise):
1) If you're at all into dressing up, have your husband do the tuxedo thing, you'll both look great in pictures!
2) Before leaving the ship each day, if you're planning on spending the whole day out, it makes sense to bring plastic ziploc bags of various sizes; then, at the buffet breakfast, you can grab some fruit, cold cuts, rolls, cookies and voila you have lunch on the beach.
3) For us, one shore excusion was enough. We much preferred finding friendly taxi drivers and asking them to take us to the nicest beach they knew. This worked out very successfully for us and led to us finding a beautiful beach on St. Thomas and swimming with turtles on Barbados. It's good to be open to adventure, as long as you make it back to the boat on time!
4) Pay a visit to your nearest craft shop and buy the widest and loudest ribbon you can find. At disembarkation time tie a piece to each piece of luggage, so that you can spot it in the sea of luggage you'll find when you leave the ship.
5) Relax and enjoy the experience. We found it to be one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever been on.
Here's our email address. <email@example.com>
Maybe we can exchange room numbers, and possibly meet for a drink. Here's to three more weeks of anticipation!