Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default kid's program

My family is traveling on the Galaxy beginning Sept. 20. I've heard that Celebrity may not have a children's program after Labor Day. Can anyone help me with info???
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: kid's program

Good question for your travel agent !!!

One of the worst things you can do is rely on what you "hear" ... go to the source.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old March 17th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Eve

Hi-

We sailed on the Infinity in November, 2001 and the Fun Factory (Celebrity's kids program) was operating on a complete schedule. My 9 year old daughter loved it! If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer.
Old March 17th, 2002, 10:50 AM
First Mate

We have sailed 4 times on Celebrity with our kids (now 6 & 9). Most of the time we have gone while school has been in session. We just were on the Infinity last month and I talked to the youth counselors who told me that Celebrity always has some kind of children's program running throughout the year on all their ships. We talked about this because on our trip there were maybe only a dozen kids total that were routinely attending the children's programs which is pretty light.

That's not to say that Celebrity does scale things back when the number of kids expected on a cruise is small as was our sailing. The programs tailored for the 4 age groups were collapsed into having a program for 3 age groups. The number of counselors was adjusted for the level of kids expected (there were 5 counselors on our trip). On our Infinity sailing, Celebrity dispensed with having a kids program registration desk located on the gangway to greet/inform families and sign kids up as they board the ship (instead you registered that evening in the kids center). The quality of the activities/ facitlities/counselors does not suffer. Our kids had a great time on the Infinity--just as much as they did when we were on the Galaxy back in Jun 2000 when there were considerably more children aboard.
Old March 18th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much for the responses and the information. I am feeling much better now. I appreciate any and all information or suggestions you have. Also, any recommendations on which dinner seating is best when traveling with children? Do they eat with you or is there a place for them to eat with friends they meet?
Old March 18th, 2002, 06:54 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: kid's program

There is no set rule but most parents (including us) seem to opt for main seating. Similarly those passengers that really don't want to be around kids usually make a point of going to late seating.....

Yes, our kids ate with us at the dining room many times. There is a separate kid's menu in the formal dining room.

On formal nights (two of them for a seven night cruise), the kids program will actually take your children and have a pizza party if you wish so you can have a parent's night out. After the pizza party, the kids are then involved with the evening activities planned for their age group till 10pm and then after that there is group babysitting till 1am in the Fun Factory. All this is complimentary as a gesture to the parents by Celebrity.