Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2002, 03:09 AM
First Mate

Default low fat menu on Celebrity?

Living in Juneau, I love to watch the ships come down the Gastineau Channel during the summer and dock in our beautiful harbor for the day. Wish we could provide sunny days to everyone who visits here. Oh well, you may as well see Juneau as we see it most of the time. Today we had the Radiance of the Seas, Amsterdam, Zaandam, Sea Princess and the smaller Wilderness Explorer in port. Yesterday was the Summit and Infinity! When those two ships are side by side for much of the day it really gets my cruise juices flowing again! We are planning a Summit trip on Sept. 13 Vancouver to Hawaii and can't wait. This will be our tenth cruise, second on Celebrity (Mercury in '99). This year we are watching our fat, sugar, and calorie intake a little more than previous cruises. The Summit probably has a "healthy choice" menu as most cruise lines do today. How is it? Any suggestions? Thanks. Gary
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2002, 05:38 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: low fat menu on Celebrity?

I haven't been on the Summit, but have been on the Zenith, Horizon, Century and soon the Milie. They always have a "heart healthy" selection on the menus. Have a great time!
Old July 2nd, 2002, 10:12 AM
EdCo

On the Millie class ships, "spa" food is available on the pool deck throughout the day. All low fat, with fresh grilled chicken and fish, fruit, salads, etc. Never anyone there, but it has some of the nicest food on the ship. Perfect for a light lunch or snack. It's one of the best kept secrets on the ship!

Ed
Old July 2nd, 2002, 11:01 AM
Admiral

When we sailed on the Summit and the Millennium, we ate lunch in the spa area everyday. We like light and healthy food for lunch on a cruise, so this was the perfect place for us. They also serve a very light breakfast in there.
Cindy
Old July 3rd, 2002, 12:06 AM
barbara11758

Default Re: Re: low fat menu on Celebrity?

I have been on Mercury and Millenium. Every dinner menu has low fat choices for each meal. they even give you the calorie count. You can mix and match the courses to meet your needs. Food is great.
Old July 3rd, 2002, 08:44 AM
Marnie

If you look at www.mytravelco.com they have information on every ship including a sample menu. The sample menu I saw didn't have anything labeled low-fat, but some of the seafood options looked on the healthy side. I was curious about the same thing. I'm sailing on Celebrity for the 1st time and it's an 11 night cruise. Although I love the fattening stuff, after a few days I'm dying for something lighter. That was probably the only thing disappointing for me on Carnival ships. Their idea of healthy was far from healthy. They actually had feticcini alfredo on as a healthy "Nautica Spa" choice.