Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:58 AM
BryanJay

Default Drink prices on Millie ?

Has anyone got recent drink prices on the Millie. Such as glass of white wine, martinis, and cosmopolitans?
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Drink prices on Millie ?

This is from the Celebrity Cruises FAQ online:

Alcoholic beverage prices:
Aperitifs: $4.75
Standard alcohol: $4.75 and up
Premium alcohol: $5.25 and up
Cocktails: $3.45 and up
Wine glass: $4.75 and up
Champagne glass: $4.75 and up
Domestic beer: $3.45
Imported beer: $4.25

Non-Alcoholic Beverage prices:
Soft drink (glass): $1.25
Soft drink (can): $1.95
Water: $2.25*and up

Drinks purchased in souvenir glass: $6.25

Coffee, tea, and milk: complimentary onboard all ships

Note: all prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. Prices are subject to change and 15% gratuity is additional.
Old October 14th, 2003, 10:19 AM
BryanJay

I did see the standard language in the brochure, but it is the "and up" part I was wondering about. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the drink prices. (wine, martini, cosmopolitans) ?
Old October 15th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Most ship alcholic beverages are more on scale with fine land resturants and bars: Cosmo = $6.75, Wine by the Glass = $5.50+, plus gratuity, Manhattan = $6, etc. Two drinks at a time for a couple = apx. $15. inc. tip. It adds up fast. Hint: order your bottled wine on line to be delivered at your table or in your cabin. The price includes the gratuity and you may have a better selection. Try the drinks of the day @ apx. $2.95. They are much cheaper. I don't remember if Celebrity does this, but there were different sizes for the DOD on some ships and you could have your "Specialty" glass refilled.
Bon Voyage
Old October 21st, 2003, 08:15 PM
reneemor

the martinis on the summit were $8.75 but you did get enough for 2 drinks what was left in the shaker.
Old October 21st, 2003, 08:19 PM
Nita

Don't know where you live but even our finest restaurants do not charge $8.75 for a martini, extra in shaker or not! Dallas is a bit higher than ABQ and their prices are not that high either. Normally I would say $4.50 and up for wine as well as $5.00 and up for scotch, martinis etc depending on whether you call your brands or not.

Nita
Old October 22nd, 2003, 04:10 PM
Passenger

We will be on the ship in Dec. and have never cruised before!! some one said they have daily drink specials? Can you give me an example. And is it true that if you buy the specialty glass you get free refill? that doesn't sound right. . . Just want some clarification. We are goijng with a large group and want to give them a heads up on prices.
Thanks
Old October 27th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Bill P

Default Re: Re: Drink prices on Millie ?

Does anyone know if Celebrity has a wine package? We paid around $100 for 5 or 6 bottles of wine from a standard selection aboard the Radience of the Seas. Basically we could order the bottle at our table each night and get our card punched. If we did not finish it we took it back to our room. You could also order a bottle for your room.
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Nita

Wine package is a great idea. We are planning on boarding in SJuan (Connie) then get off ship, buy wine in the duty free shop and bring it to dinner each night. I think, if I am not mistaken the corkage fee is about $12.00. Someone did say $15 the other day. If it's $15.00 we may make other arrangements.

Nita
Old October 28th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Passenger

BryanJay: Nita won't say it , but I will, take some of your own refreshment. If you want some ideas I will be happy to e-mail them to you as to how get the liquid stuff on board. I have found that the drinks on board are so expensive on all cruise lines. I remember on one translantic NCL cruise I paid $13.50 for a good size vodka martini. Just remember it all adds up untill the last day of the cruise when the cruise line slips your final bill under the cabin door. On your way to breakfast that morning you can hear as you pass by each cabin, " NO way I could have drunk that much!!" but you did..There are many ways to cut the cost of a cruise and still have a blast. Let me know if you want some hints. Michael M.