Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:53 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Whats Your Favourite Table Size?

Just wondering what everone's favourite size table is and why.

Jon
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2004, 09:06 PM
hcat

Default Re: Whats Your Favourite Table Size?

We like 8 round--just enough space & just the right number--the longer ones make it hard to include everyone--have always met such nice poeple on board!
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:12 AM
lysolqn

Ditto. . .8 - not too few, not too many, and everyone can engage in conversation without having to shout.
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:15 PM
JLKoag

Table for 2 is the only way to go.

Five years ago, I would have said 8 or more, but a couple of bad experiences changed all of that.
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM
First Mate

I know what JL means and that is one of the reasons we prefer freestyle cruising, but it's still fun to meet others. The worst is table for 4. If you don't have anything in common with the other couple what a long miserable cruise you can have. Six or 8 is fine with us, but many times we travel with our family. Then just have a table for us, usually 4 or 6.

NMNIta
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Admiral

We too like a table for 8 or 10, but have been given those 4's in a booth or 6 with only 2 others the last few cruises. On our next cruise, we travel with family totalling 7, so maybe it will just be us at the table. If we travel as a couple and we get a large table, I play musical chairs. Every night we sit somewhere different. That way we get to talk to someone new on our immediate right or left. Unless the table-mates are in a group, most people actually enjoy this interaction.
Bon Voyage
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I like the tables for 8, nice meeting new an interesting couples, by the end of the cruise we all pretty much are at ease with everyone, thats one thing that makes cruising so nice.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 12th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tinytim

I like a nice table for 8 with only six people at it.....love the extra room
Old February 13th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Our favorite table size is 8 or 10. You get to make a lot of new friends.

Pammie
Old February 14th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Alda

We always request a table for 2, . A lot of you "like to meet people" we might too, but on our terms , not choosen by maitre"d..
So if you are sitting at table for 4 with a couple who do not want to get social with you except the normal politeness, do understand that there are people who have no wish to "meet new friend", You might then consider asking to change tables.
Alda
Old February 14th, 2004, 01:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Whats Your Favourite Table Size?

call me a snob but i love a table for to with my wife.I'll make my get to know talks over some martini's but dinig is intimate for me for 14 nights Romantic type of guy and it,'s our 17th anaverrsary
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Frequent Cruiser

Table for two, definitely.
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Yeoman

6 is nice. We had a table for 8 and enjoyed it except that my husband had a hard time hearing the people furthest from us. I did a lot of repeating to him. We've had 4, 6 and 8 at a table and enjoyed all of them. But if I had to pick one it would be 6.

Old February 19th, 2004, 06:54 PM
LMG

We are considering a 10 day cruise on the summit with our 2 teens. How likely are we to get a table for just the 4 of us, if we request one?
Old February 20th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

If you request a table for 4 you will probably get it. The ship tries to accomodate everyone. We love the table for 8. We have met so many nice people and so far never had a bad experience. Our next cruise going with a couple we met back in 2000 on our panama canal cruise.
Old February 20th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Table for 8 minimum - and never sit in the same chairs at the table each evening. That way you get to meet all your tablemates, and the waiter and asst waiter have to get to know you by sight rather than by where seated.
Old February 21st, 2004, 11:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I like a table for 6 - and do mix it up and sit at in a different seat every night.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed Celebrity for that reason. We had a table for two in Nov. on the Constellation and were so impressed. I agree with some of you. Private conversation at dinner with just your mate is very intimate. I deal with the public for a living and on vacation just wanted to relax and make small talk to no one while I relaxed with my meal. My travel agent could guarantee if this is the table seating I wanted to go Celebrity. Everyone has their preference but some do like just the intimacy of being with just the one we love.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:47 AM
Carol D.

Lin, how did your travel agent guarantee a tabte for two for you on celebrity? We are sailing celebrity in Jan 05, and would really love one. My husband and I also deal with the public daily in our careers. Our TA said it could only be requested. Never sailed celebrity before, but really excited to try this line. Next cruise, I'm really thinking about a newer princess ship. Personal choice sounds wonderful.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
Carol D.

Lin, how did your travel agent guarantee a tabte for two for you on celebrity? We are sailing celebrity in Jan 05, and would really love one. My husband and I also deal with the public daily in our careers. Our TA said it could only be requested. Never sailed celebrity before, but really excited to try this line. Next cruise, I'm really thinking about a newer princess ship. Personal choice sounds wonderful.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carol D. Our travel agent told us Celebrity would make sure we were accomodated as to the table for two. When we booked we were asked if we wanted a table for 2,4,6 or 8. So as your make your reservation they ask you. She said to go to the diningroom the day we board and ask to see our seat. If it was not what we expected to talk to the head maitre'd and it will be made to your specifications. We did indeed do that, and all was well.We only had to ask to see out seats and they were just what we were hoping for. We did book almost a year in advance and I think that helped. Our original request was- table for two. She told us that on other cruise lines she would say it was a maybe to get a table for two but on Celebrity she can say we will get what we want. I saw on our level in the diningroom many tables for two empty, not even taken, so I would say you have a good chance like she told us. I understand that everyone can not get a table for two but there were many that did. The dinner menu and lunch menu are also offtered for room service during those hours. Celebrity does eveyrthing they do to make your meals what YOU want.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carol D. Our travel agent told us Celebrity would make sure we were accomodated as to the table for two. When we booked we were asked if we wanted a table for 2,4,6 or 8. So as your make your reservation they ask you. She said to go to the diningroom the day we board and ask to see our seat. If it was not what we expected to talk to the head maitre'd and it will be made to your specifications. We did indeed do that, and all was well.We only had to ask to see out seats and they were just what we were hoping for. We did book almost a year in advance and I think that helped. Our original request was- table for two. She told us that on other cruise lines she would say it was a maybe to get a table for two but on Celebrity she can say we will get what we want. I saw on our level in the diningroom many tables for two empty, not even taken, so I would say you have a good chance like she told us. I understand that everyone can not get a table for two but there were many that did. The dinner menu and lunch menu are also offtered for room service during those hours. Celebrity does eveyrthing they do to make your meals what YOU want.