Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2004, 09:09 AM
JLKoag

Default ??? Summit 3/15-26/2004 Costa Rica

We could not dock in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica during the above cruise we took.

Does anyone know why (or heard why)?

We were told that something happened to the dock, and our ship was responsible for it. But, we were 2 hours late getting there (scheduled 7:00 a.m. - arrived 9:00 a.m.), the Coast Guard boarded the ship at 5:00 a.m., and we were no where near the dock (what would be wrong with tenders).

Also, they took someone off the ship there who was lying flat and had his/her face covered with an umbrella (I saw this myself with my binoculars from my cabin balcony).

After the decision was made, they IMMEDIATELY made an announcement that all money paid for tours in C/Rica would automatically be refunded AND THEY HAD AN OPEN BAR AT 5:00 P.M. FOR EVERYONE IN ALL THE LOUNGES.

There were lots of rumors but no one knew for sure - the one most interesting is that in the prior port, 3 people had their identity stolen and the theives got on the ship in Cozumel, but this did not seem practical as there was a full day at sea between the 2 ports. Has anyone heard anything about this??? jlk
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: ??? Summit 3/15-26/2004 Costa Rica

We were also on that ship at that time. Our friends cabin on deck #2 was opened at 4:30am, and scared them to death, was told sorry wrong cabin. They were looking for this guy. web page below. Also that was a woman who had chest pains and she and her husband had to be off loaded at Costa Rica, otherwise because of the rough waters we never would have docked.
http://64.4.43.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...5E00001%255E92

Old March 28th, 2004, 04:33 PM
JLKoag

Default Re: Re: ??? Summit 3/15-26/2004 Costa Rica

Hi Jeanne&Ellis,

Great cruise wasn't it? How do you access the web page? Also, is that web page a news article (if not, what is it)? I tried to access it but had some problem.

Too bad about the people in the cabin that was entered - was it ship security or the Coast Guard?

Sorry about all the questions. Thanx. jlk
Old March 28th, 2004, 08:08 PM
hcat

Sounds like some strange happenings on board. Week of 3/5 to So Carib.ran very smoothly as far as we are aware- We made all ports had great weather & smooth sailing. A good time was had by all we saw! We were told the trip before ours was bad--terrible weather ,high seas,--It really is the luck of the draw when cruising.
Old March 28th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Try this one: https://www.piersystem.com/external/...&pressID=34377
Something happened to mess up the other. Its from the Homeland Security, coast guard. Press release. Gives more information than the news reports.

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:27 PM
JLKoag

Default THANK YOU!!!! Re: ??? Summit 3/15-26/2004 Costa Rica

Dear Jeanne & Ellis,

Thank you very much for the information - VERY INTERESTING!!!!

I am glad to hear that everything was handled correctly by the Captain and the Coast Guard. Gives me confidence in the cruise line safety.

Hope your friend on deck 2 was o.k. after the incident.

I read your prior posting prior to the cruise about your "sail away" party, but unfortunately I forgot - I would have liked to met you. jlk