Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 06:59 PM
thanks

Default Re: Is Celebity better than Carnival?

Wow!! thanks everyone for their opinion. I think we will try another line. I have enjoyed reading all the comments....some people really have a personal tie to their cruise...Anyway, thanks again....happy sailing
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe

The Carnival Spirit so far has been the best cruise I have ever been on. If I had to choose one cruise for the rest of my life it would be the Carnival Spirit .It was an international group. and even the riches person on the sailing was pleasent, friendly and considerate. I am sailing Celeberity Galaxy in Nov. I has sailed Disney, Princess, and the Commodore(no loger sailing). I hope the this cruise will be as wonderful as the Spirit. But if it is not I will still make lemon ade out of the lemon.
Old October 8th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Mary Jane W

Well that seemed to be a loaded question. Celebrity Millenium is definately the best in my eyes. There prices are comparable to most other ships. But the quality of service and the food is excellent. I did 6 Celebrity cruises last year and every one just got better. You really are treated "famously". Even the waiters will remember your name as you pass by them on the ship. And they all stand in line waiting to take your trays to your table on all of the buffet lines which I thought was a special added touch. The buffets are beautiful by the way. They do make you feel very special. At least they did to me. You can make this ship as casual or as formal as you want it. But you can be assured the majority of the guests are different than that of the Carnival passengers. But they are 2 completely different ships. It all depends on what you are going for. Fun or Relaxation.
Old October 9th, 2004, 06:13 PM
hcat

Dear Rev: It's the wrong thread & the wrong board at the wong time!
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Melanie_A

Default Re: Re: Is Celebity better than Carnival?

.......well I didnt actually say what you think I said in that post.....I have consistently been consitent about what I say say when I say it at the time, unless things change, and even then it all depends on the outcome. God Bless America!
Old October 10th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Digger

Mornin, Just got back from Celebrity yesterday and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and it was difficult to decide where to eat as they were all soooo good. I was on the Zenith to Bermuda. From the champange greeting, to the chilled towels when you got back on board from an island--we were spoiled. They do have one formal night, and two semi-formal nights (jacket and no tie, shirt and tie/no jacket was fine) Alternative casual dinning was always available with the same menu as the main dinning. It is a smaller ship 1350 passengers which provided for more personalized service. There was a group of children, how many I don't know, but they had social programs for the kids and you would see them doing different activities from time to time. The cruise was not overrun with kids however they were there and I beleive that they had a good time. It is a shame that you had such a bad experience, ours was on the other end of the spectrum and I think that yours could be if you were on the right ship.
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:55 PM
First Mate

I didn't discover this board or any other ones till after our first cruise, but already had a negative impression about Carnival from articles about cruising. When we decided to do something special for our 35th anniv. I asked my step-sis, our TA, to help us out and the first thing she said was, "Well, you don't want Carnival". She set us up with a 7-day E. Carib on RCI's Explorer of the Seas and the rest is history. We got totally hooked.
We love the Voyager-class ships best, but have sailed Celebrity Summit in Alaska and are booked on Celebrity Galaxy to the Panama Canal in Feb. Voyager ships are too big for those areas. We will probably stick to RCI and Celebrity. We feel completely comfortable with both lines and have had fabulous food, service, shows, excursions--everything --on all our cruises.

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02
Explorer W. Carib. 1/18/03
Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03
Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04
Galaxy Panama Canal 2/3/05
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:43 AM
cohengm

If your single, or in your 20's, don't really care about service, food, etc., but just want to "party hardy", Carnival is for you. Princess, Celebrity, RC, Holland don't cater as much to that crowd. Carnival owns many lines so each of their companies offers different atmospheres. But that's not saying any person/couple couldn't have a good time on whatever line they've chosen. You'll see all ages on all cruise lines, just the age curve changes from line to line.
Old October 13th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Is Celebity better than Carnival?

I have sailed Celebrity three times and Carnival once. Whie the food is definitely better on Celebrity, I had so much fun on my Carnival cruise that I'd sail them again if I wanted to sail a big ship. I only want to do adventure cruising now. The trick is to pick the ship, the time of year and the itinerary. My Carnival cruise was to Eastern Canada in mid September. There wasn't a kid onboard. In fact I only saw one young couple (looking a little desperate). The ship was comprised of middle aged people, and I'm one of them. The service was superb, as good as I've ever had, and I did a Cunard world cruise (thanks to a great Godmother when I was young). The entertainment was the best I've seen at sea. The ship was in it's first year of service and had already worked out any kinks it might have had. I had a huge cabin and though I'd paid for a standard double, I was upgraded to a verandah cabin. The food in the dining room wasn't that good but it was much better up in the buffet, so that's where I ate almost all my meals. I met a woman who has become a good friend of mine since that cruise. Would I sail Carnival in the Caribbean or any other warm weather port? Lord no, but I wouldn't sail any line in the Caribbean. I live in Miami and have been all over the Caribbean and have no desire to go back. Do I like Celebrity? I did. Now I might take Celebrity's newest to the Galapagos, but I'm saving my money for Antarctica. Trailer trash gives me an indication of how judgmental your mind is. Pity.

Carole
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:44 PM
thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Is Celebity better than Carnival?

>Trailer trash gives me an indication of how judgmental your mind is. Pity.<

Carole, I wonder where you got this "trailer trash" idea? It was not mentioned from the original poster.