CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   SHIPBOARD CREDIT (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/211328-shipboard-credit.html)

Patrick Welch August 25th, 2004 07:09 PM

SHIPBOARD CREDIT

Does anyone happen to know how I can find out about discounted shipboard credit on a Celebrity 7N WEST CARR CRUISE? I saw some people listing shipboard credit on EBAY recently, but nothing that could be used on my cruise. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

sweet sheep August 28th, 2004 12:18 PM

Re: SHIPBOARD CREDIT

Sometimes a credit is given when you sign up for your next cruise while onboard. You can also ask your travel agent to find out. We booked a cruise with Holland America for next year and recently found out from posts that there is an ship board credit available and when we asked we got it! You can also start another post asking who else out there has recently received one and how they got it!

Good luck to you,

rieker August 29th, 2004 01:12 PM

If you own at least 100 shares of RCL you qualify for an onboard credit. You must provide proof. The amount of credit varies with the length of the cruise. Example: A 10 night cruise qualifies for a $200. credit. The method of claiming the credit is outlined in the shareholders report....available online.

rieker

Kuki August 29th, 2004 02:07 PM

I can't figure out what type of shipboard credit would be transferrable, and therefore for sale on E bay.

Unless I could prove it was legitimate, I'd avoid it.

MaryLou August 29th, 2004 03:09 PM

Kuki, I have never heard of this either. I was wondering the same thing.

hcat August 29th, 2004 08:30 PM

How much is a share of this stock these days?

Y2C August 29th, 2004 09:03 PM

The stock on Friday closed at $40.65 a share.

Mike & Charlotte September 4th, 2004 09:51 AM

Re: Re: SHIPBOARD CREDIT

And you get the shipboard credit on every cruise you take, no matter how many per year. The shipboard credit pays much better than dividends. It's called a Shareholder Benefit. The RCI stock is good on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

On the other hand, if you own 100 shares of Carnival stock, you get onboard credit on any of the following lines: Carnival, Princess, Costa, Holland America, Seabourne, Windstar, P&O, Cunard, and Swan Hellenic.

Charlotte

hcat September 5th, 2004 06:11 AM

Sounds like it might be worth it to get some of the stock--

tokathy September 5th, 2004 10:16 AM

We were lucky and bought our stock when it was only around $20 per share and have already gottten shipboard credit for 4 cruises.......It is well worth it......our next one is $100 for a 7 night cruise to Bermuda and we have a 14 night Panama Canal sailing in April 2005 that we get $250 for.......it's nice to get on board and know those first pina coladas by the pool are on them!