Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Josie

Default Celebrity in Caribbean this summer?

I am thinking of my summer cruise - but can't seem to find anything from Celebrity in the Caribbean this summer. Usually the Century goes (and it was listed last week I'm sure) but nothing now. Does anyone know what's up? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Celebrity in Caribbean this summer?

I just found out lat week that Celebrity decided to cancel their Caribbean Cruises on the Century and take off for Europe for the summer. I should know, 15 of us had a cruise booked on the Century for July 9th. You will have to find another cruise line if you want to go to the Caribbean.

Candy Apple
Old January 10th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Josie

Default Re: Re: Celebrity in Caribbean this summer?

thanks. Things are looking pretty expensive for the Caribbean so far on the other cruise lines. I will wait to see if prices come down at all. $5K for 2 for a week is too much for me!
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Beginner

I know your dilema..we had 17 booked on the Century for this summer. I did however find out that if we expect anything decent to be done about it in the form of compensation we must write to the president of celebrity cruises and let them know how we feel...remember strength is in numbers and we need to let our opinions be heard....please write to : Jack Williams...1050 Caribbean Way...Miami, Florida 33132
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Earl Anderson

It appears that RCI is losing interest in Celebrity ships in the Caribbean. Not only will there be no Celebrity ships in the Caribbean this summer, they've abandoned the "Ultimate Caribbean" trips next winter that the Summit has sailed in the past. It begins to look as though if one wishes to have more than a 7 day Caribbean sailing out of Celebrity, it means back-to-backs. The closest thing for a replacement is the Galveston/Panama runs on Galaxy for 11 or 12 nights.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Josie

interesting - but maybe not surprising. We were on a southern cruise in December and the ship was FULL of Puerto Rican families including children which leads me to believe they were having trouble selling the rooms, so offered deep discounts which locals took great advantage of --- good for them, but not my idea of relaxation! I suppose they can make more $$ in Europe and Alaska.
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Yeoman

Why did you think they were selling thes so cheap? Because they were Puerto Rican or because they had children?
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:26 PM
boubster1

cruisequeen.....I took a cruise out of NY and it was FULL of NY'ers but I don't think it was because they got a better fare, its just more convenient for them.
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:45 PM
CruzCrazy

I just came off the Millenium and I asked the cruise sales associate why was Celebrity moving it's ships out of the Caribbean for the summers?

Her answer was;

"most Celebrity cruisers are past consistent cruisers and they want different itineraries other than the Caribbean. "

Celebrity decided to send the Century to Europe this summer to accommodate those cruisers. This is also why they have expanded their Hawaii cruises as well.

She said they are also looking at sending ships to the Orient and Australia as well.

So unless they build some new ships, you will have to do the Caribbean with Celebrity before April or in November when they come back.
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
hcat

Too bad about the Summit itin. We took that last March & it was really a great trip. Maybe summer just isn't the right time for the Carib--we never thought of going there at that time or in the fall... The discounts in Puerto Rico are probably the same as they do in Fla when the trips are not fully booked. Locals there can get great deals if they are willing to go at the last minute. Hope the E. Carib trips in season will continue--also noticed that Royal has a bigger focus on the Western itins which for me doing once was enough!
Old January 12th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Josie

that was my point - the locals can decide at the last moment, and they don't have to worry about advance air fare bookings. If I could walk in on Thursday or Friday and book and leave on Saturday, I'd be going every week!!!!!!!!!!