Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Roll Call MERCURY - Jan 28th

Just checking to see if there are any fellow passengers here headed to Mexico next week!

Did you know that the ports have been shuffled??? Same ports, different order. If you have private tours scheduled... call Celebrity and see if they can tell you the new order. It was supposed to have been set by last Friday. I found this out from another passenger that attempted to book shore excursions through the website and it wouldn't allow it... he called and was told they had to reschedule the ports.

Stacy
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Grandy

Default Re: Roll Call MERCURY - Jan 28th

Stacy,

Thanks for passing on the info about the itenerary change. As per usual have not heard a word from Celebrity about it. I totally expected that with their pathetic ( and that is understating it) land based customer service. After a series of phone calls they say that the excursions we have booked will be ok but will see when we get there next week
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:30 PM
scoutdad

As you Know Stacy we will be there. Getting bags packed as we speak!

We are ready to go!
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oh I didn't expect Celebrity to tell anyone... cruiselines don't do that. They can change their itinerary at any time. Had it happen several times... I just thought I'd mention it because for a change I heard about it advance and thought I'd let more people know in case they had private excursions booked. I can't imagine the time it would take to notify every passenger any time an intinerary changed. That would quite a task. You can thank Scoutdad for finding out for us, by the way!!! (Thanks, Peter!)

I started packing this afternoon. I am determined to pack as light as womanly possible. It's not looking good.

Stacy
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Grandy

Stacy.

It would be very easy by email.........As a first time cruiser this has been a helluva learning experience..........
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

What's up Grandy? What are you having problems with?

Stacy
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:47 PM
Grandy

In the months leading up to our cruise have had problems with Celebrity's land customer service..........Emails are not answered..........calling their customer service has been frustrating at best..............I always seem to get connected to people that don't know what they are doing..........I have been in customer service jobs my entire adult life and can't imagine how this company is successful with their bad service..........We are looking at another cruise to Hawaii after this one but will take a long look how this one goes and may look at alternatives
Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Grandy... do you have a travel agent? I think this is where they shine if they're any good at all. We don't ever call Celebrity ourselves, I ask my agent to do that. He is always able to get me my answers... and usually while he has me on another line.

Is there anything you still are concerned about or questions you haven't gotten answers to yet?

Stacy
Old January 25th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Grandy

3 Days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!