Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Lyndsay
Default what should I pre join on summit?

I keep hearing about this persian gardens etc... what is in it exactly? and what other things are there like spas.. etc that are of interest and approx... how much?
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:12 PM
hcat

Default Re: what should I pre join on summit?

Persian gardens is in the spa area. on M class ships It is a dark chamber with a series of rooms & one large room tiled room with seat. The indiv rooms are little sauna--wet, dry, steam etc with fragrance,, changing colored lights, music etc. There are also showers with special sprays... It is a nice spot to relax & enjoy--very damp (obviously) & wet so wear shower shoes & something to cover your hair (ladies) You can get a day pass or more--we enjoyed it but also enjoy the free dry sauna located in each bathroom Those are not coed but Perisna gardens are--our limited trips to the gardens have not found it crowded & no problem with other guests behaviorr. but it can get loud if more than a few are in there---..
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Like the previouse individual said the Persian gardens tends to be very quiet. I took a week pass and found good times when nobody else went, so it was very relaxing. For a week the price $96.00.
Other popular features of the spa are typically items such as massage, manicures, facials, etc. I found the ordinary massage to be okay, but I felt it was not worth $99. I did find the facial to be really nice and if you go on a tour of the first day, you sometimes get a special on the facial or the eye seminars. I have also done the alpha capscule and felt great afterwards and being a Captain's Club memeber I got it free when I took the week pass at the Persian garden.
I cannot recommend the manicure when I went. The girl I ahad was new to the company and was not very organized and didn't even help me open the door to go wait outside for my nails to dry. As a result half of them smudged and she had to do touch ups. Maybe a more experienced person will be better.

CD
Old February 9th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

For the ladies I recommend making appointments for a hair stylist early on if you want your hair done for formal nights. I waited too long and for the first formal night (we had 3) I had to have my hair done at 10:00 AM so it was hard to keep my hair nice all day when you're at sea. My sister and I had our hair done twice and I have to say the stylists were very good. Our husbands signed on for the the Persian Gardens for the two week cruise..they really enjoyed it...it cost $160.00 for the two weeks. You can book all of these the day of your tour through the Spa.