Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Shoalhaven

Default Mercury Embarkation

We are booked on a Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego. In the past, we have always used the cruise line's transfer service for embarkation, but this time, we will be driving up to the pier on our own, with our luggage.

Could anyone tell me what the procedures are? Is there someone or someplace where I can 'check-in' our luggage, or do I have to risk a hernia by dragging our belongings on board?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:05 AM
man86

Default Re: Mercury Embarkation

What date are you sailing?
Old July 28th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Mercury Embarkation

Your hernia will be safe. There will be porters /longshoremen who will take your bags and place them in large bins that are placed aboard ship. Your bags will be delivered to the hall in front of your room . The appropriate tip to the porter (let's not argue this here) is $1 per bag. Carry on your personal belongings, medications and perhaps a change of clothing and a bathing suit (in case you main bags are not delivered until dinner time).
Old July 29th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Shoalhaven

Thanks for your help on the handling of our luggage.

By the way, we are sailing Oct. 31, 2005.
Old July 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
hcat

post a review when you get back--we have this one booked for April '07 (yes 07)--Hope Mecury is still nice by then!
Old July 30th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Shoalhaven

Default Re: Re: Mercury Embarkation

hcat,

We have sailed on Princess, but mainly on Holland America.

Most of the posts I have read stated unequivocally that Celebrity rated higher than HAL in just about every category. While I personally doubt that, I will have an opportunity to actually find out first hand, -- (apples to apples).

I plan on creating a day by day chronicle, describing the good and the bad. Inasmuch as considerable future monies may be involved, past loyalties are out the window.

We are fortunate to have booked an RS cabin for this upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise, and I will be comparing it and all the amenities that go along with it, to the S category aboard the Statendam. Those cabins are comparable to the Mercury RS, both in age and in size.

I think you are wise in booking early. Not only do you have a great cabin selection, but you will get to enjoy the anticipation a lot longer.
Old July 30th, 2005, 06:52 PM
hcat

Can't wait to read your review of the Mex Riviera itin. . We are not in a suite but took either 1062 or 1065--concierge class. . These are next to suites & have enjoyed that location. A short walk up to the pool area & buffet ; convenient to everything else via elevator. We are on Mercury also in sept 05 so I can post about its condition then but that trip is to the Pacific Northwest. Take care
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to DocJohnB
Default Re: Re: Re: Mercury Embarkation

Shoalhaven,

Sent you an email regarding this particular cruise.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"