Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Default New CCs on Century?

Are there new concierge class cabins being built aside from the adding of balconies on the vista deck?
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Yes!

You can find the particulars of cc benefits in this thread:

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/vie...321889#3321889

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Acruiser,

Are there new concierge class cabins being built aside from the adding of balconies on the vista deck?

No. It appears that all of the additional Concierge Class cabins were standard outside cabins on the Vista Deck that now have verandas. The new cabins, located on the aft end of the Sports Deck, are a mix of several standard inside cabins (category 09), one standard ocean view cabin (category 04), five "sunset veranda" cabins (new category SV), and several sky suites (category SS). Many of the cabins on the Panorama Deck also have new balconies but they are standard veranda cabins (catefory 2A) rather than Concierge Class (category CC).

Norm.
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Admiral

There are also a number of cc cabins on Penthouse deck.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Old May 29th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Marc,

There are also a number of cc cabins on Penthouse deck.

Yes, but those cabins were Concierge Class before the recent modifications. The original question was specifically about new Concierge Class cabins.

Norm.
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Norm, didn't they have to add the balconies to the cc on penthouse deck? Are we both splitting words?

F Scott Fitzgerald

Old May 30th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Marc,

didn't they have to add the balconies to the cc on penthouse deck?

IIRC, the outside cabins on the Penthouse Deck already had balconies -- which is why they became "Concierge Class" cabins when Celebrity introduced the "Concierge Class" program.

The original MV Royal Princess was the first cruise ship to offer standard cabins with balconies, among her other innovations, when she entered service in 1984. Other "premium" cruise lines copied this feature almost immediately in subsequent new designs. MV Century had relatively few standard cabins with balconies, though -- only the standard outside cabins on the Penthouse Deck (fifty-four if I count correctly).

Norm.
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Admiral

According to the press release from today after the Century went back into service there are a number of new CC cabins.

[url]http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=861895&highlight=
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
IIRC, the outside cabins on the Penthouse Deck already had balconies -- which is why they became "Concierge Class" cabins when Celebrity introduced the "Concierge Class" program.
The Concierge Class cabins on the Century did not have balconies at all before the refit (on either Penthouse Deck or Vista Deck).
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:56 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the link--am looking forward to the reviews

We have two cruises booked on Century--one is CC class & one a standard balcony--have to check to make sure they match info listed above Thanks
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Kuki,

The Concierge Class cabins on the Century did not have balconies at all before the refit (on either Penthouse Deck or Vista Deck)..

Taking a count, I'm getting the following upgrades to standard outside cabins.

>> Panorama Deck: 120 new balconies (not "Concierge Class")

>> Vista Deck: 122 new balconies (upgraded to "Conceirge Class")

>> Penthouse Deck: 54 new balconies (remaining "Concierge Class")

That's a total of 296 of the 314 new balconies, if I counted correctly. I'm guessing that the remaining eighteen are new cabins, including the new suites, on the Sports Deck, though I don't know that for a fact.

Norm.
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Passenger

Does anyone have an old floor plan to see which CCs have been added to the Penthouse and Vista deck?
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Admiral

Ok so now you have me confused--lol
all I know is that right now I'm on the Penthouse deck and it is listed as a CC---- and I hope it stays that way-I dont know if this is old or new---
Enjoy
and
Cheers
April
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Admiral

April,

Ok so now you have me confused--lol
all I know is that right now I'm on the Penthouse deck and it is listed as a CC---- and I hope it stays that way-I dont know if this is old or new---

Don't worry. There's no way that the cabin will cease to be concierge class. Celebrity has found a way to convince a lot of people to pay more money for the same cabin by giving it a fancy name. So long as there are plenty of customers who are willing to pay extra for a fancy name, the company will continue to redesignate more cabins as Concierge Class.

Norm.
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Passenger

If you had a choice between a concierge class room and a sunset veranda room which would you go with? Are the concierge amenities with butler service really all that?
Old June 24th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Admiral

Acruiser,

If you had a choice between a concierge class room and a sunset veranda room which would you go with? Are the concierge amenities with butler service really all that?

Unless I were planning a honeymoon, I would choose whichever cabin is least expensive since I don't spend enough time in my cabin during a cruise to care. Of course, that probably really would mean in inside cabin rather than either of the above....

BTW, I think that butler service is limited to suites. Concierge class gets bars of soap with "Concierge Class" wrappers and such.

Norm.
Old June 27th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Admiral

-- at least I didnt pay for the CC--- booked a cat 2a guarentee and so far it looks as if I've been upgraded--- thats why I said I hope it stays that way-----
I too wouldnt pay for the higher cat. unless it was a real steal.

Cheers
April
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Captain

I'm glad we have that cabin, too, April but you know me, I wouldn't pay extra for it! :-)

The champagne is nice and other things on the list but most I can live without, and both categories have the balcony so not that big of a difference!
Old November 6th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
April,

So long as there are plenty of customers who are willing to pay extra for a fancy name, the company will continue to redesignate more cabins as Concierge Class.
Actually, the upcharge to go from a balcony cabin to a cc cabin cost us $45 each. I guess $90 a cc cabin each cruise isn't chicken feed, but it's not a lot of money for the (granted, modest) extras.

Elliot
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM
First Mate

If the price difference is small it may be worth it--we enjoyed the fresh flowers, welcome champagne ,snacks each afternoon & priority tender service on Mercury--not to mention returning to a cabin simialr to the one we preiously enjoyed before it was CC Have also booked a CC on centruy --thought it'ds be worth it! For a Medit cruise next yr--price spread was NOT worth it so we took a reg balcony...