Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Beginner

Default dinning question

how many people will they sit at a table we are a party of 5 but are quite shy so i feel it may be a little uncomfortable? hope is not taken as being rude but i would like to be informe of this procedure.

Thank you

Jessy
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Ask your travel agent to request a table for 6 - would be very rare for them to add another person to that size table.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Cruznut is correct. I've seen them add a single person to a group like yours, but only if the dining room is full. I certainly wouldn't worry about it.
Have a great cruise.

Ken
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Beginner

Hate to say this but you are going to miss part of the cruising experience sitting alone. If you don't like your table mates the head man will gladly move you to another table. I'm a pretty solitary person but found that I actually looked forward to the 2 hours dinner hour. Didn't see our table mates except for dinner and it was fun recouping the days activities.
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
we are a party of 5 but are quite shy so i feel it may be a little uncomfortable
You might want to avoid the pool area because you may have people sitting close to your right and left. Also, the shows tend to be full of people who may try to start a conversation with your shy group. Also, you may find the lifeboat drill uncomfortable. Are the 5 of you members of a "Shy Club? lol. Obviously, you would like a table for 5 because you are traveling together and do not want another cruiser interacting with your group....and thats okay and honest Five QUITE Shy people at the same table....priceless...lol.
Not only do we enjoy the food, we also find conversation,with someone outside our circle,very refreshing.
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There's lots of people who request tables for 2 in the dining room.

There's certainly nothing wrong with requesting a table for only your group, whether it's 2,5,6 or whatever.

And nothing about wanting to dine only with each other implies doing so means you wouldn't interact socially with others during the course of the cruise.

The cruise lines normally try and seat singles with other singles, not groups who are cross referenced and obviously sailing together. Sitting a single with a group would often lead to an unhappy single cruiser anyway.
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Jessy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
how many people will they sit at a table we are a party of 5 but are quite shy so i feel it may be a little uncomfortable? hope is not taken as being rude but i would like to be informe of this procedure.
Very few ships have tables for five. If your seating at dinner is not full, the maitre d'hotel usually will seat a party of five at a table for six with no problem. If the seating is full, though, that option is not feasible.

The good news, if you are shy, is that Celebrity tends to attract a lot of introverted people pecisely because the line respects the wishes of passengers who want to relax. Here, by way of clarification, I'm using the term "introverted" in the sense of the "Meyers-Briggs Type Inventory" (MBTI), so it is not a synonym for shyness but there is a fairly solid correlation. Such individuals tend to relate better to other introverted people, but they comprise only 25% of the tested population of the United States. The other 75% are extraverts, with whom introverts are much less likely to relate. That's mutual, but the extraverts have much better odds of encountering other extraverts randomly than introverts have of meeting other introverts randomly. When you get an environment that attracts introverts, though, many shy people suddenly find that it's a very comfortable environment where they can relate very easily to those aroud them. If your party lands at a table of eight or ten, you may well develop wonderful friendships with your tablemates that will persist beynd the end of the cruise.

Norm.
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM
Beginner

Wow, Norm......heavy words.... LOL
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Beginner

How did your dining arrangements work out?