Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Beginner

Default ITEMS LEFT ON BOARD INFINITY

My mother left her $4,000.00 leather coat haging in the statroom closet. She remembered this on the way to the airport. I called the cruise line and was told it should be placed in lost and found and was given another number to call. I called the other other number and was RUDELY told I should have read the documentation in the stateroom that said all clothing articles left in stateroom would be disposed of because they can contain diseases. I wrote a note to the Celebrity and received "nothing" for a response. I made another call last week and was told (in a nicer tone) that all clothing articles are dontaed to charity. I have been watching ebay to see if I can purchase it back.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

What cruise were you on ? Out of curiosity why did she have such an expensive coat with her ? Did you have insurance ?
Bob
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: ITEMS LEFT ON BOARD INFINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd111163
My mother left her $4,000.00 leather coat hanging in the stateroom closet. She remembered this on the way to the airport. I called the cruise line and was told it should be placed in lost and found and was given another number to call. I called the other other number and was RUDELY told I should have read the documentation in the stateroom that said all clothing articles left in stateroom would be disposed of because they can contain diseases. I wrote a note to the Celebrity and received "nothing" for a response. I made another call last week and was told (in a nicer tone) that all clothing articles are donated to charity. I have been watching ebay to see if I can purchase it back.
Sorry, but if the coat was worth $4,000 I would have turned the cab around and went back to the ship. Even if she missed the flight and had to pay a $100 change fee (plus higher fare) to take another flight it would have been worth it.

The reality of the situation is that once you leave something on the ship the chances of having it returned are slim, especially articles of clothing or outerwear.

I'm sorry she lost the coat and I hope that by some miracle she gets it back but it is really her fault and not Celebrity's.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 17th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

My friend left some very expensive shoes on board...
They had tipped the cabin attendent very well and treated them nicely...

Guess who got the shoes back.