Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Here is the rate for the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale
1617 Southeast 17th St
With a AAA card the total was $143.19

Steve Schillinger
steve@luvcruisn.com
Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
Passenger

Default Thank you Dannyboy!!!

Hi Dannyboy,

Thanks so much for researching hotel rates in Ft. Lauderdale.
You have saved us quite a bit of money already.

See you in November!!
Thanks again,

Pheelgood and HappyJan

Celebrity Solstice--Nov.30, 2008
Our First Cruisemates Cruise!!!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default 42 Pic's of the Solstice

There are 42 pictures of the Solstice on three pages.
Try and find your cabin

Double click on the picture to enlarge.

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/t...s.php?album=48

Cheers
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Beginner

Hello all,

I am traveling with my wife, Chris, her sister Nancy, and friends Michael and Rick. We all got the great rates through Nancy Bogert. This is our first time with Cruise Mates. It only took me about two minutes to sign up so I can post on this board. Click at the top of the page and follow instructions. You should always choose "Reply" when you post even if you change subjects. That way our group posts will remain together. If you choose "New Topic," your mesage will post who knows where? Correct me if I am wrong on this.

So, changing topics (from football!), does anyone have plans for shore excursions? The Solstice does not offer much in the brochure for this cruise that you can download at:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/sear...Search+Results

On St. Kitts the ship does not even offer the Train Ride, which we took a few years ago and recommend. Has anyone used or looked into private tours on St. Kitts?

-- Ron
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have never heard of the train in St Kitts. Do you have a link for it?
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Hotel find

I prepaid $103.78, incl tax, breakfast and shuttle from airport and to cruiseport, for a room at the Days Inn Airport/Cruiseport at wyndhamrewards.com

Probably won't be as nice as some of the others, but we're getting in late and going to the ship early.
Old September 6th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Beginner

All details and a short video about the St. Kitt's Scenic Railway are at: http://www.stkittsscenicrailway.com/

The train starts about a 15 minute drive from the dock, circles 3/4th of the island, and lets you off to return on buses. Then the train turns around and repeats the trip in opposite direction with a second load of passengers. So there are only two trips a day. By bus or train you circle the entire island.

If other ships are docked in St. Kitt's at the same time, possibly the train is nearly sold out, which could be why the Solstice does not offer it in advance. Contact the Railway from their website ASAP if interested.
Old September 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Beginner

Default Can't wait!!

My husband Paul and I are booked on the Solstice also. We're seasoned Celebrity cruisers, but this is our first time with Cruisemates. We're looking forward to meeting other cruisers, and enjoying Celebrity's newest ship. We'll be in FLL on Saturday night, but haven't booked a hotel yet.

Looking forward to a relaxing cruise,
Gloria
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi everyone:

DH, Jerry and I will also be on this cruise. I am sorry that I didn't book with all of you, you even got SBC that we didn't get. I booked on-line when I first saw the great rates. We have a 1A cabin and I am sorry that I didn't book an AC cabin - did any of you book one?

This cruise is right around the corner and I appreciate all your great information...thanks.

I booked my hotel on Priceline and got a good rate, $83 for the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport. We will be flying in on Friday and spending 2 days pre-cruise. Coming from Buffalo we can never guarantee how the weather will be and I don't want to miss the ship and be stuck in a snow storm!

Marion
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Adventure of the Sea 9/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Default Great Deal for Hotel for 11/29 in FLL

I've just booked a room at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-North at 1851 SE 10th Avenue through Hotwire for $87.93 including taxes.

If you try Hotwire, search for rooms in Fort Lauderdale, and click on the 3-Star Hotel in Las Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades for $74. Keep in mind that Hotwire may give you another hotel, but this area (Las Olas-Downtown) is right next to the Port, so any hotel can't be too far away, and $88 is a nice price.

Good Luck!!
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Beginner

Five:

Solstice does book Railraod tour (KT15). $99 for adults, 49 for children. I've read very mixed reviews for this tour ranging from "very best" to "waste of time." I'm undecided about it at this time.
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Captain

Default Hotel for $75.99 + tax w/shuttle service

Rate verified on 10/9/2008 @ 10:25 AM (PST)
[color=green]
Basic room with Airport/Port Everglades shuttle. Great location on 17th Street, next to shopping center and restaurants.
5-minutes to Port Everglades

Less then a block to Harbor Beach Plaza, (Total Wine is located in center).

RATE using AAA
Studio/Queen $75.99 + tax
Save money at ExtendedStayAmerica.com
Follow these 4 easy steps to receive $10.00 off your stay:
1) Sign up using your e-mail address for Suite Promotions.
2) Use code provided for your coupon, then click "PRINT"
3) Book your reservation on our website, at www.extendedstayhotels.com
Enter "ESH10" in the promotion code field
4) Present the coupon at check-in and $10.00 will be deducted from your total room charges at check out.

Extended StayAmerica Fort Lauderdale
Convention Center
Marina Hotel 1450 SE 17th Street Cswy.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/m...e/?HotelID=618
Phone: (954) 761-9055
Fax: (954) 761-8820

Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop
Workspace with computer dataport
Free local phone calls
Personalized voice mail
Iron and full size ironing board
On site guest laundry
Dining and cooking utensils provided
Wireless Internet - one time fee of $4.99 per stay

FREE Airport and Cruise Port Shuttle service (7 am - 10 pm)

Our studios provide kitchens with full-size appliances, computer data ports and separate sleeping, living and working areas.

RESERVATION
Check-In Date: 11/29/2008
Check-Out Date: 11/30/2008
# Rooms: 1
# Adults: 2
Rate: AAA
Studio
1 Queen Bed $75.99 / Plus tax per night USD

Old September 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Captain

Default St Kitts Scenic Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festive
Hello all,

I am traveling with my wife, Chris, her sister Nancy, and friends Michael and Rick. We all got the great rates through Nancy Bogert. This is our first time with Cruise Mates. It only took me about two minutes to sign up so I can post on this board. Click at the top of the page and follow instructions. You should always choose "Reply" when you post even if you change subjects. That way our group posts will remain together. If you choose "New Topic," your mesage will post who knows where? Correct me if I am wrong on this.

So, changing topics (from football!), does anyone have plans for shore excursions? The Solstice does not offer much in the brochure for this cruise that you can download at:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/sear...Search+Results

On St. Kitts the ship does not even offer the Train Ride, which we took a few years ago and recommend. Has anyone used or looked into private tours on St. Kitts?

-- Ron
[b][color=blue] Hi Ron

I contacted sales, the offer is not the same as tour with Celebrity. $75 does not include transportation. This has impacted the interest.
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Captain

Default St Kitts (SCENIC RAILROAD DISCOUNT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndeesman
Five:

Solstice does book Railraod tour (KT15). $99 for adults, 49 for children. I've read very mixed reviews for this tour ranging from "very best" to "waste of time." I'm undecided about it at this time.
I contacted sales for the Scenic railroad, the rate of $75 per adult, does not include any pick up or drop off.
This has created a impact on the interest.

HERE IS CELEBRITY PRICING

Caribbean Scenic Railway Tour - KT15

Approx Duration: 3 hour(s)
*Current Price: Starting from
99.00 Adult (USD)
49.00 Child (USD)
0.00 Infant (USD)
Activity Type: Sightseeing and/or City Tours
Activity Level: Mild
Restrictions: N/A
Advisements: N/A

This unique "island tour" runs in a complete circle around St. Kitts allowing visitors the opportunity to see the entire country by rail and highway in only three hours.

No trip to this two-island federation is complete without the experience of traveling on the St. Kitts Scenic Railway, one of the most beautiful train rides in the world. This one-of-a-kind narrow gauge railroad was built almost a century ago to deliver sugar cane from the fields to the sugar mill in the capital city of Basseterre. The railway now provides a fascinating way to see the island from the comfort of double-deck railcars built specifically for touring the island of St. Kitts. All guests have a seat on both levels of the railcar. The upper level features a spacious open-air observation deck with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. The lower level provides air-conditioned comfort with expansive six-foot vaulted windows. Island ambiance is evoked with comfortable rattan furniture, complimentary specialty drinks, island music sung by the Scenic Railway Choir, and a colorful narrative history of the Caribbean.

Your experience is complimented by a scenic drive on board the Scenic Railway's sightseeing buses along the Southwestern coast. Enjoy excellent vistas of Brimstone Hill Fortress, the British "Gibraltar of the West Indies;" Middle Island where Thomas Jefferson's great-grandfather is buried, and the neighboring island of Nevis, birthplace of American statesman Alexander Hamilton, the first Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

All aboard the "Last Railway in the West Indies", the St. Kitts Scenic Railway!

Old September 26th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Beginner

Here we cruise again. We will be joining you all on this sailing. My name is Thom known as Digger and my wife Mari is SeaDreamerz. We are from Ft Myers Fl. This is our first time sailing on Celebrity. We have cruised RCCL 9 times and once on Carnival which we don't talk about. This is our first CruiseMates group cruise also. Looking foward to meeting everyone. Not sure if we will make it to Ft Lauderdale on Saturday for the precruise festivities. Will check in later.

Digger
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Working out Solstice Plans

SORRY! that we have been too silent lately, but here is an update on the Cruisemates Solstice cruise. Tentatively planned so far:

Saturday Night - a casual pre-cruise get together at the
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel
1617 Southeast 17th Street,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316 USA

Sunday Night at Sail Away (4:30) at the Sunset Bar - this is informal, pay as you go bar.

Monday (day at sea): afternoon informal meeting, place to be announced -to discuss meeting for Suggested Activities for CMs during the cruise; Karaoke, Trivia, Bocce Ball, Chess, in-port golf. At this time you can all get together to arrange any activities you want to do together, whatever it may be.

We hope to have a Karaoke night of our own. Is anybody interested in this? We have our own Karoake system on a laptiop (so all we need is a PA system and microphone).

On Day 5 (second day at sea), we will have our complimentary cocktail party. Most likely it will be pre-dinner (5:00 pm). Please feel free to comment on these details in this board.
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Captain

Default Cuban Cigar & Counterfeits

Solstice passengers, please note that cuban cigars are illegal in the United States

If any U.S. citizen attempt to bring any Cuban cigars into the U.S., they may be subject to fines and other penalties, depending on the particular circumstances.

On your Caribbean cruise you will find Cuban cigars for sale at all the Ports of Call in the Caribbean, except the American Virgin Islands.
To improve the chances of getting the real thing, do some research and make your purchase from a reputable cigar store, many small shops and or venders that you'll see near the port sell counterfeit cuban cigars.

Know the Risks
Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 515, (Revised September 30, 2004) are administered and enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Criminal penalties for violation of the Regulations can go as high as $1 million for corporations, and $250,000 for individuals plus up to 10 years in prison. In addition, civil penalties of up to $65,000 per violation can be imposed by OFAC.

In general, Cuban cigars are among the finest in the world. However, some Dominican, Honduran or Nicaraguan cigar can taste and burn as well as a top Cuban cigar and therefore, desirable to many true cigar connoisseurs.
All Honduran, Nicaraguan and other central American Countries sell top quality cigars that are all legal in the US.
The finest hand rolled Dominican cigar available (although just as expensive and extremely rare) is arguably the Fuente Fuente Opus X. another delightful treat is the Padron 1926, which could be the finest hand rolled cigar from Nicaragua. Depending on your individual taste, these cigars will produce a wonderful aroma with full bodied flavor and are hand rolled with some of the finest tabacco in the world.

Start your research here:
How to spot a counterfeit Cuban cigar
http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/co...eit/index.html

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...0.html#content

http://www.dutyfreecubancigars.com/fakes.htm

[color=red]NOTE: If you print any of these pages for review, it is advisable not to contain any documents on banned items during re-entry into the US.

Celebrity Cruise lines Smoking Policy

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking, however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact the Guest Relations Desk for additional details).

Smoking is permitted in many of our lounges and on open air decks on the port side of the ship.

The port side is the left side of the ship, Looking forward to the front of the ship. Here's a simple rule for remembering this: Left has four letters, and port has four letters. The right side of the ship is the starboard side.

Celebrity Cruises kindly asks all guests to please observe the non-smoking areas and to refrain from smoking pipes or cigar in any of the public areas. These requests are made to provide a comfortable shipboard environment for everyone.

Where permitted, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must always be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco.

Old October 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Well, we got OUR air tickets yesterday. I shouldn't have waited so long to get them, but fortunately the flights we wanted were both on Continental and I had enough frequent flyer miles to get the tickets. I saved myself over $1000.

Airfare is very expensive these days because of fuel, but if you book early you can save. I just booked other flights on the same route but in January and they were just over $700.

Anyway - we will be Ft Lauderdale early enough to meet & greet people Saturday night at the Renaissance hotel where we are staying. I will be sending an email out to everyone soon.
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Captain

Default PAPPADEAUX Sea Food

If your at Houston International Airport on a lay-over, try eating at PAPPADEAUX in Terminal E, upstairs from gate 2.
Here is there web-site, check out there menu.

http://www.pappadeaux.com/pdxmenus.htm

Appetizers
Cold Boiled Shrimp Half Dozen $6.95 Dozen $9.95
Mixed Oysters & Shrimp* Half Dozen of Each $11.95
Shrimp Cocktail Fresh Gulf Shrimp, chunky avocadoes, pico de gallo in a spicy cocktail sauce. $9.95
Texas Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Medium $16.95 Large $24.95

Oyster Appetizers
Chef Selection Oysters On the half shell Half Dozen $6.95 Dozen $10.95
Oysters Pappadeaux With crabmeat, spinach & hollandaise $11.25
Oysters Baton Rouge Oysters on the half shell baked with a Parmesan Romano cheese sauce $11.25
Oysters St. Phillip Oysters on the half shell baked with shrimp, bacon, roasted peppers & Italian bread crumbs $11.25
Oyster Trio A combination of Oysters St. Phillip, Baton Rouge & Pappadeaux $12.25

Hot Appetizers
Crispy Fried Alligator With fresh cut potato sticks & Creole dipping sauce Medium $7.95 Large $11.95
Fried Calamari With a spicy Marinara sauce & Lemon Aioli Medium $7.95
Large $11.95
Coconut Shrimp With a cajun slaw & a spicy, sweet dipping sauce $9.95
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks With a spicy Marinara sauce $6.95
Pan Seared Frog Legs With spicy garlic butter, tomato & herbs with grilled French bread $7.95
Boudin Cajun sausage stuffed with dirty rice $5.95
Mussels Gratin Jumbo PEI Mussels baked on the half shell with garlic butter & fresh breadcrumbs with grilled french bread $10.95
Crabfingers Fried or sautéed $11.95
Blackened Shrimp & Crawfish Fondeaux With garlic bread $13.95
Add oysters $1.50
Lump Crab & Spinach Dip Served with garlic bread $12.75
Jumbo Lump Crabcakes Served over crawfish in a light butter sauce 2 $18.95

Flown in Fresh

Texas Redfish on the Half Shell Creole roasted tomatoes, long stem artichoke hearts & capers in a light brown butter sauce.
(Add Jumbo Lump Crabmeat $4.95) $23.95

Wood Roasted Tilapia With shrimp in a light citrus butter & fresh green beans. $19.95

Atlantic Cedar Plank Salmon* Topped with garlic herb butter & broiled on a smokey cedar plank with asparagus. $22.95

Hawaiian Yellowfin Seared Tuna* With sweet sticky rice & steamed bok choy. $24.95

Grilled Salmon Yvette Chargrilled salmon topped with shrimp, crawfish, spinach & mushrooms in a white wine cheese sauce with dirty rice. $22.95

Grilled Costa Rican Tilapia Lafayette Fresh lump crabmeat, shrimp, tomatoes, capers, basil & beurre blanc with fresh green beans & spaghetti squash.h fresh green beans & spaghetti squash. $18.95

Citrus-Crusted Alaskan Halibut With a light white wine sauce & sautéed zucchini ribbons. $24.95

Idaho River Trout Florentine Pangrilled trout topped with shrimp, crabmeat, fresh spinach & crimini mushrooms in a vodka cream sauce with dirty rice. $19.95

Blackened Catfish Opelousas With oysters, shrimp & crabmeat in a lemon garlic butter sauce with dirty rice. $21.95

Almond Crusted Snapper Jumbo lump crabmeat & tomato in a light brown butter sauce with fresh green beans. $26.95

Grilled Mahi St. Charles With lobster, shrimp, sautéed mushrooms & spinach in a dijon cream sauce with dirty rice. $26.95

Scallops Lacombe, Tender jumbo sea scallops seared with fresh garlic & capers in a brown butter sauce served over green beans & finished with toasted almonds & crispy onion rings. $19.95

Lunch Features
Served Daily, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Add a Dinner Salad or Caesar Salad $2.25

Louisiana Gumbo & Garden Salad Your choice of a steaming bowl of gumbo or crawfish bisque & our fresh garden salad. $8.95

PoBoys Choice of Catfish, Oyster, Shrimp or Shrimp & Oyster on a freshly baked hoagie bun with cole slaw in a creamy remoulade dressing, served with French Fries. $10.95

Chargrilled Catfish Fillet Served with dirty rice. $11.95

Cajun Combo Blackened catfish fillet served with dirty rice & shrimp creole over white rice. $12.95

Fried Shrimp Served with French fries. $11.95

Fried Shrimp & Cajun Chicken Tenderloins Served with French fries. $12.95

Mixed Seafood Grill A skewer of assorted charbroiled seafood & vegetables, served with dirty rice. $12.95

Crawfish Combination Fried crawfish & crawfish etouffee served with dirty rice. $15.95

Sampler Platter Fried Gulf shrimp, crawfish & catfish, served with French fries. $13.95

Pasta Mardi Gras Linguine tossed with crawfish, Shrimp, Andouille sausage & crimini mushrooms in a marinara cream sauce topped with jumbo grilled shrimp. $15.95

Blackened Alexander Our fresh fish fillet blackened, topped with shrimp, scallops & crawfish in a white wine cream sauce, served with dirty rice. $16.95

Fresh Lunch Catch Fresh fish fillet topped with one of our famous sauces. $17.95

Specialty Salads

Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Glazed chicken, crispy wontons & cashews over fresh chopped greens in a light orange sesame vinaigrette. $10.95

Grilled Shrimp or Chicken Caesar Salad $12.95

Chopped Salad Fried chicken tenderloins or crawfish on a chopped green salad with tomatoes, egg, bacon, red onion, avocado, cheddar & monterey jack cheese tossed in a creamy creole dressing. $11.95

Lobster Seafood Salad Cold boiled lobster, scallops & shrimp over fresh greens in a creamy citrus vinaigrette with toasted cashews. $17.95

Old October 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Captain

Default Houston International Airport (George Bush)

Houston International Airport

http://www.fly2houston.com/iahTerminalMaps

For the quickest transport from terminal B toC,D or E and reverse.

If your going to PAPPADEAUX Sea Food Kitchen, call in for a table when your jet lands, use the Above-ground inter-terminal train if your on a Continental Flight, most of the West Coast flights arrive in Terminal B bound to Fort Lauderdale, and PAPPADEAUX is on the other side of the airport at Terminal E, near Gate 3, upstairs.

Continental is changing some of the aircraft and reducing flights. Continental has several notification services you can register to receive flight updates and or changes.
https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...47A8931F38FA74
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Captain

Default Bocce Ball Rules

Bocce ball is played with eight large balls and one smaller ball (called the pallino). The game can be played with 2, 4, or 8 players.
Divide the bocce balls evenly between the number of players. You will notice that your bocce ball set has balls with several different colors or designs.
This is helpful in distinguishing your bocce balls from those of another player.

Choose a player to throw the pallino. After the pallino is thrown, the same player will throw his first bocce ball. The purpose of the game is to get your bocce balls as close as possible to the pallino.
After the first player has thrown his first bocce ball, he is considered "inside" because his ball is closer to the pallino than any of the competitors balls. All other players are considered "outside." Whenever a player is considered "inside," he will forfeit his turn throwing bocce balls.

All "outside" players will take turns throwing their bocce balls until one of theirs balls gets closer to the pallino than the "inside" player.
After all players have thrown their bocce balls, the player that is "inside" will be awarded points. One point will be awarded to this player for every ball that is closer to the pallino than his closest competitor's ball. After the points are awarded, the frame is completed. Start a new frame by electing a new person to throw the pallino and to throw the first bocce ball. A game is won when a player reaches 16 points.

Step 1 Head to the top deck on Solstice. A regulation bocce court is 76 feet long and 10 feet wide.

Step 2 Divide players into two teams of one, two or four players each. Each team gets four balls, divided equally among the players.

Step 3 Have a player from the starting team stand behind the foul line (which is 10 feet from the throwing end of the court) and throw the small ball, or "pallina," toward the opposite end of the playing surface.

Step 4 Let the player then throw one of the larger balls, or "boccia," trying to get it as close to the pallina as possible without touching it.

Step 5 Have players from the opposing team take turns throwing their balls until one of the balls stops closer to the pallina than the starting player's ball. If they fail to do so, the starting team tries to outdo its first attempt.

Step 6 Let the starting players take their second turn if the opposing team gets closer to the pallina than the starting team without using all of their balls.

Step 7 Continue in this fashion until all eight balls have been thrown. The team with the closest ball gets one point for each of its balls that are closer to the pallina than the other team's closest ball.

Step 8 Keep in mind that if the two teams' closest balls are an equal distance from the pallina, no points are awarded.

Step 9 End the frame after all eight balls have been thrown and appropriate points have been awarded. The scoring team begins the next frame. If no team previously scored, the team that threw the pallina last begins the next frame.

Step 10 Play as many frames as needed until one team has a total score of 16 points.

Additional rules and history of Bocce Ball
http://www.bocce.org/rules.html
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Captain

Default Gents, Forget the clip-on.

How to tie a Bow Tie
(print Illustrations for both Knots)

http://www.folds.net/bowtie/

1. Start with end in right hand, extending 1.5 inch below that in left hand.

2. Cross longer end over shorter and pass up through loop.

3. Form front loop of bow by doubling up shorter end (hanging) end placing across collar points.

4. Hold this front loop with thumb and forefinger of right hand. Drop long end down over front.

5. Place left forefinger pointing up on bottom half of hanging part. Pass up behind front loop. and...

6. Poke resulting loop though knot behind front loop (see illustration). Even ends and tighten

Windsor Knot
The Windsor Knot is a thick, wide and triangular tie knot that projects confidence. It would therefore be your knot of choice for the Solstice It is best suited for spread collar shirts and it's actually quite easy to do.
Tie a Windsor

http://www.tie-a-tie.net/windsor.html

1. Start with wide end of the tie on your right and extending a foot below narrow end.

2. Cross wide end over narrow and bring up through loop.

3. Cross wide end over narrow and bring up through loop.

4. Then put down through loop and around across narrow as shown.

5. Turn and pass up through loop and...

6. Complete by slipping down through the knot in front. Tighten and draw up snug to collar.
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Latest on Solstice Scheduling

Hello CruiseMates cruisers sailing on the CruiseMates Solstice cruise:

The latest news we have from Celebrity is that the ship is so new that they are unable to pre-confirm our times for a cocktail party, but we DO have a schedule for ourselves for informal get-togethers which we do not have to confirm with the ship ahead of time.

For example:

Sunday at sailway (scheduled for 4:30) we will all be meeting at the Sunset bar, fully aft on the Lawn Club deck.

We should have all of our scheduling together by then, so we can deliver the doorsigns and this schedule to everyone's cabin that night.

Then the next day - a sea day, we will have another informal get-together for people to mingle and talk about things to do on board. It will be during the afternoon.

We plan to have lanyards for everyone that will fit a name badge and your sign & sail card. We also have doorsigns for everyone that we will make and bring for you.

Here is a preview of what they look like. We will be bringing these to you (so you don't have to worry about downloading it).

[img]/images/celebrity/solstice/motter.jpg[/img]
Old October 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Captain

Default NO SALES OF BOOZE UNTIL 12:00 Noon on Sundays

Broward County 'blue laws'

Fort Lauderdale, has age-old "blue laws" that ban Sunday alcohol sales before noon.

On Celebrity Cruises, with the exception of embarkation day, Guests are permitted to bring on board with them two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee), per stateroom, these two bottles can be delivered to the dining room or specialty Restaurants. (Always write your cabin number and table number if applicable on the back label)[/size]
Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel and delivered to the guest’s stateroom just prior to the conclusion of the cruise.
http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...icy&cS=SIDENAV

NOTE: According to current drinking policy on Celebrity, NO SIZE RESTRICTION has been identified on the two bottles permitted to be brought onboard during embarkation.

A traditional 750 ml bottle (the standard size @ supermarket, is ¼ the volume as a double magnum bottle (3-Liter) or (3000 ML), in other words, a double magnum bottle is 4-times larger for the same corkage charge of $25.00
You can purchase the 3-liter bottles, which is (3,000 ML) @ TOTAL WINE.
Call Store manager to obtain details, management can e-mail you the types of wines or order special wines in advance for pick-up or delivery to your hotel room with minumum purchase, or possibly a combined purchase at same hotel.

A little culture for you.
Wine bottles are named after biblical kings.
The same name may be used to refer to different size bottles in different regions of France.
http://www.mdmwines.com/Bottle_Sizes.htm

For all of you Solstice cruisers arriving late Saturday night.
Double Magnums (3-litre bottles) can be purchased @ Total wine in
The Harbor Shops Plaza behind the EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL on 17th Street.
The SUN TROLLEY will take you into the shopping center.
http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

Total Wine
1906 Cordova Road
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
Open until 11:00 PM on Fri. and Sat.
Phone (954) 828-9463 Store Manager - Peggy Dugan.
Wine Manager - Jeff Burke
Delivery within a 20 mile radius including hotels, this is when you need CRUISE MATES, if your staying at same hotel, you may want to combine your purchase for free delivery..
http://www.totalwine.com/StoreList.a...e=FL&store=904

Bon Voyage
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Paul: Hope everything is going well for the trip.
I will try to bump into you sometime during the trip.
I will be going beach in St. Maartin and St. Kitts.

May be something for the group to do.
Old October 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Someone I know from the boards is traveling with her 4 year old on this cruise.
Her second cruise, at this rate she will have 20 before she is 20.

Looking for anyone else with an underage cruiser to email before we depart. So you could share information and make a little cruiser connection.....
You can hit me a ttreimel @ verizon dot net.

Thanks have a great trip......
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Beginner

Default Solstice Cruise 11/30

Hi Paul and Everyone Else on This Cruise:

Our names are Marianne and Brian from FL. We are new to cruisemates and have just . We hope we can join Cruisemates on this cruise. We are in our mid-50's and can't wait to try this new Celebrity ship. The deal was fantastic and we are so excited. We've haven't cruised on Celebrity for about 4 years and were anxious when this ship came out to give her a try.

Anyway, hope we can join you all and meet some people while on board. Thanks
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Hello to everyone. My name is Zina. Three of us will be joining you on this cruise. My sister and I are taking our Mom for her birthday. It's a surprise -- she doesn't know yet! We haven't sailed with Celebrity for a few years, so we are really looking forward to this cruise. It's thrilling to be one of the first people to experience the new Solstice class. I know she will be AMAZING!
Old October 18th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Latest Updates 10-17

Hi... we just sent out an email, in case you didn't get it, here are some details:

Hello Solstice Cruisers...

Here are a couple of updates for our November 30th Celebrity Solstice CruiseMates cruise.

Longboysfan (Tom Treimel) tells me that the specialty restaurants onboard are now taking reservations at the http://www.celebritycruises.com/ web site. You have to put in your reservation number and select your preferences from "My Reservation".

By the way - somehow Lou Ann and myself were assigned second seating dinner, but we are trying to change our reservation to early seating. I believe most of the group wants first dinner seating, but if you want second that is OK, too.

We had a question about which nights are the formal nights. I do not know for sure but I will make an educated guess that they will be the first day at sea, Monday, and the second full day at sea, Friday.

Monday is a "sure thing" because the next two nights we are in port until 10:00 and 11:00. I am guessing Friday is a sure thing as well because they do not want to have a formal night the night before disembarkation.
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Captain

Default Docked Hours for Solstice

[b]Here is the current schedule from Celebrity on the port hours

December 2, 2008 (Tues.)
1) San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Arrive @ 2:00 PM - Depart @ 10:00 PM (8-hours)

December 3, 2008 (Wed.)
2) Philipsburg, St. Maarten.
Arrive @ 9:00 AM - Depart @ 11:00 PM (14-hours)

December 4, 2008 (Thurs.)
3) Basseterre, St. Kitts.
Arrive 8:00 AM - Depart @ 5:00 PM (9-hours)