Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default Re: Latest Updates 10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
By the way - somehow Lou Ann and myself were assigned second seating dinner, but we are trying to change our reservation to early seating. I believe most of the group wants first dinner seating, but if you want second that is OK, too.

We had a question about which nights are the formal nights. I do not know for sure but I will make an educated guess that they will be the first day at sea, Monday, and the second full day at sea, Friday.

Monday is a "sure thing" because the next two nights we are in port until 10:00 and 11:00. I am guessing Friday is a sure thing as well because they do not want to have a formal night the night before disembarkation.
I would go with Paul's sure thing on Formal nights. That is standard Celebrity with the cruise. I would say Wednesday night is also a dressy night - tie and jacket for the dining room.

If you need to swap about the dining room times.
And you find you want Pauls' late seating but were assigned early get to your TA's to get the changes done.
If you wait till ship time then go together. They will more than likely swap for you as this causes no problem.
But..............
If it does not get done before get to the pier early...
Get to the dining room reserve line early and get you name in.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: Latest Updates 10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter

Longboysfan (Tom Treimel) tells me that the specialty restaurants onboard are now taking reservations at the http://www.celebritycruises.com/ web site. You have to put in your reservation number and select your preferences from "My Reservation".
I'm in My Reservations for this cruise on the Celebrity site, and I'm unable to make any reservations for specialty dining. I also see a notice on the page saying "Reservations may be made up to 10 Days prior to sail date." Has anyone actually successfully booked a reservation through the site? By telephone?

Thanks,
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Default

Hi - my husband Sam and myself, Melanie, will also be joining CM for the first time and are looking so forward to the cruise and meeting CM's. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and what a treat, the ship being so new.
We booked pre-cruise for 2 nights at Double Tree Resort in Miami, but now think I must rebook a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I have found good tips on your message board. We did however want to spend 2 days on the beach before sailing. Any further suggestions on hotels?

Melanie
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Dengue Fever Epidemic Threatens St Martin

iI just posted this news item...

be aware that we will be in st martin untiil 10:00 PM - these mosquitos tend to bite the most at sunrise and sunset. I rcommend NOT being off the ship at sunset - and staying away from town aeas where there might be stagnant water.

This is disease can be very serious, you don't want to catch it.



10-24-08
Dengue Fever Epidemic Threatens St Martin
The St Martin Daily Herald is reporting that a very dangerous mosquito-borne disease has made its way to the island. Known as the dengue epidemic, authorities announced Thursday that 72 laboratory confirmed cases have been recorded between October 1 and 18.

Dengue fever is manifested by a sudden onset of fever, rash, severe headache, muscle and joint pains (myalgia and arthralgia pain also give it the name break-bone fever or bonecrusher disease). The dengue rash is characteristically bright red petechiae and usually appears first on the lower limbs and the chest. In some patients, it spreads to cover most of the body. There may also be gastritis with some combination of associated abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Some cases develop much milder symptoms which can be misdiagnosed as influenza or other viral infection when no rash is present. Thus travelers from tropical areas may pass on dengue in their home countries inadvertently, having not been properly diagnosed at the height of their illness. Patients with dengue can pass on the infection only through mosquitoes or blood products and only while they are still febrile.

The classic dengue fever lasts about six to seven days, with a smaller peak of fever at the trailing end of the disease (the so-called biphasic pattern). In cases where hemorrhagic fever may occur the disease can even be fatal. Otherwise, the platelet count will drop until the patient's temperature is normal.

The three types of dengue circulating on the island are DEN-1, DEN-2 and DEN-4. This also increases the risk for Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) which is potentially deadly, and Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS), which if not treated correctly, can lead to profound shock and death.

The disease can lead to long term syndromes of aches and pain. It is blood borne and spread by mosquitos or direct contact with contaminated blood. The mosquitos are most active at sunrise and sunset. Guests are advised to saty away from any areas where pools of water may be allowing mosquitos to lay eggs.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Re: Dengue Fever Epidemic Threatens St Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
iI just posted this news item...

be aware that we will be in st martin untiil 10:00 PM - these mosquitos tend to bite the most at sunrise and sunset. I rcommend NOT being off the ship at sunset - and staying away from town aeas where there might be stagnant water.

This is disease can be very serious, you don't want to catch it.



10-24-08
Dengue Fever Epidemic Threatens St Martin
The St Martin Daily Herald is reporting that a very dangerous mosquito-borne disease has made its way to the island. Known as the dengue epidemic, authorities announced Thursday that 72 laboratory confirmed cases have been recorded between October 1 and 18.

Dengue fever is manifested by a sudden onset of fever, rash, severe headache, muscle and joint pains (myalgia and arthralgia pain also give it the name break-bone fever or bonecrusher disease). The dengue rash is characteristically bright red petechiae and usually appears first on the lower limbs and the chest. In some patients, it spreads to cover most of the body. There may also be gastritis with some combination of associated abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Some cases develop much milder symptoms which can be misdiagnosed as influenza or other viral infection when no rash is present. Thus travelers from tropical areas may pass on dengue in their home countries inadvertently, having not been properly diagnosed at the height of their illness. Patients with dengue can pass on the infection only through mosquitoes or blood products and only while they are still febrile.

The classic dengue fever lasts about six to seven days, with a smaller peak of fever at the trailing end of the disease (the so-called biphasic pattern). In cases where hemorrhagic fever may occur the disease can even be fatal. Otherwise, the platelet count will drop until the patient's temperature is normal.

The three types of dengue circulating on the island are DEN-1, DEN-2 and DEN-4. This also increases the risk for Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) which is potentially deadly, and Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS), which if not treated correctly, can lead to profound shock and death.

The disease can lead to long term syndromes of aches and pain. It is blood borne and spread by mosquitos or direct contact with contaminated blood. The mosquitos are most active at sunrise and sunset. Guests are advised to saty away from any areas where pools of water may be allowing mosquitos to lay eggs.
CruiseMates,
As a Preventative Measure, if you have a veranda cabin, You should keep your exterior door closed, when in ports.
If you hear that tiny buzz, when your almost asleep, Make sure you locate it and exterminate it.

No vaccine is available to prevent dengue, and there is no specific medicine to cure people who are sick with dengue. Those who become ill with dengue fever can be offered medications (acetaminophen) to reduce fever and may require oral rehydration or intravenous fluids and in severe cases, treatment to support their blood pressure.

Solstice cruisers can reduce their risk of getting dengue fever by protecting yourselves from mosquito bites. Aedes mosquitoes, the main type of mosquito that spreads dengue, usually are active at dusk and dawn, but may feed at any time during the day, especially indoors, in shady areas, or when the weather is cloudy. Unlike malaria, dengue is often transmitted in urban as well as in rural areas. Recommendations for preventing mosquito bites include:

Use insect repellent on uncovered skin surfaces when outdoors, especially during the day. When using sunscreen, apply it before insect repellent.
Repellents containing 30% to 50% DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide) are recommended for adults and children over 2 months of age and effective for several hours. Repellents with lower amounts of DEET offer shorter-term protection and must be applied more often.
Repellents containing up to 15% picaridin, which must be applied often, are available in the US. Repellents with higher concentrations of picaridin may be available in some regions outside the US.
Protect infants less than 2 months of age by using a carrier draped with mosquito netting with an elastic edge for a tight fit.
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default New- BALCONY CABINS AVAILABLE

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...solstice09.cfm

Nancy Bogert just wrote me to say Solstice has some balcony giarantees available for $949 per person. You can join our group if you book through Nancy. The link is above.
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Great Hotel 2-blocks for Port Everglades

FORT LAUDERDALE GRANDE HOTEL AND YACHT CLUB
1881 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Rates verified on Oct. 26, 2008 @ 5:48 PM (PST).
Rate Type: AAA STAY AND SAVE
VALID AAA I.D. CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN
Room Type: TOWER WATERWAY VIEW
Total Rooms:1
Total Nights:1
Guests per Room: Adults: 2
Dates: 29 Nov 2008 - 30 Nov 2008
Rate per Room per Night: 123.00 USD
Taxes: 13.53
Total for Stay 136.53 USD
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default Re: Latest Updates 10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskowitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter

Longboysfan (Tom Treimel) tells me that the specialty restaurants onboard are now taking reservations at the http://www.celebritycruises.com/ web site. You have to put in your reservation number and select your preferences from "My Reservation".
I'm in My Reservations for this cruise on the Celebrity site, and I'm unable to make any reservations for specialty dining. I also see a notice on the page saying "Reservations may be made up to 10 Days prior to sail date." Has anyone actually successfully booked a reservation through the site? By telephone?

Thanks,
Mark
Try calling the Captains club number they should be able to take a reserve on the specialty dining.
Just have your number captains club number and booking numbers ready.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigor
Hi - my husband Sam and myself, Melanie, will also be joining CM for the first time and are looking so forward to the cruise and meeting CM's. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and what a treat, the ship being so new.
We booked pre-cruise for 2 nights at Double Tree Resort in Miami, but now think I must rebook a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I have found good tips on your message board. We did however want to spend 2 days on the beach before sailing. Any further suggestions on hotels?

Melanie
Yes. Book at hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.
Super Shuttle will get you there from the Miami airport.
Remember to book return with them right away.
Call the hotel to see if they have transport to the ship. Some hotels do.
Remember is you want to get any wine to brng aboard please do so before Sunday - stored do not open till noon that day.
There are a few near the 17th st causway.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

Obviously, the Grande Hotel dropped their prices just recently. We checked them a couple months ago and they were closer tp $200. It is a nice hotel and just a couple of blocks from the Renaissance where we will be staying and having our pre-cruise get-together.

If anyone books at the Grands Hotel please let me know - click "email" to the left there under my name.
Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)  
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default Cell phone rates for roaming....

AT&T cell phone rates

Roaming in Puerto Rico looks like no charge – texting and other things – a charge.

Then….
Roaming:
Calls Placed/Received
While in St. Kitts and Nevis
AT&T Standard International Roaming
$1.99

AT&T World Traveler
$1.69

AT&T Canada
$1.99

AT&T Mexico
$1.99

Roaming:
Calls Placed/Received
While in St. Maarten (Netherland Antilles)
AT&T Standard International Roaming
$1.99

AT&T World Traveler
$1.69

AT&T Canada
$1.99

AT&T Mexico
$1.99


Verizon........
My rate in Puerto Rico is $0.69 per minute.

Other two is $1.99 per for them……

But be careful to be away from the ship as they sometimes pick up the signal from there and from what I have been told is more expensive.

This was off the two sites for roaming rates.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:31 AM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Re: Cell phone rates for roaming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboysfan
AT&T cell phone rates

Roaming in Puerto Rico looks like no charge – texting and other things – a charge.

Then….
Roaming:
Calls Placed/Received
While in St. Kitts and Nevis
AT&T Standard International Roaming
$1.99

AT&T World Traveler
$1.69

AT&T Canada
$1.99

AT&T Mexico
$1.99

Roaming:
Calls Placed/Received
While in St. Maarten (Netherland Antilles)
AT&T Standard International Roaming
$1.99

AT&T World Traveler
$1.69

AT&T Canada
$1.99

AT&T Mexico
$1.99


Verizon........
My rate in Puerto Rico is $0.69 per minute.

Other two is $1.99 per for them……

But be careful to be away from the ship as they sometimes pick up the signal from there and from what I have been told is more expensive.

This was off the two sites for roaming rates.
SPRINT PCS

Puerto Rico Must have nation wide mobil to mobil for calls at no charge.
PCS Access Code: "1"
Country Code: "1"


International Roaming in St. Maarten
International Dialing: $1.99/minute
Country Code: "599"
PCS Access Code: "00"


International Roaming in St. Kitts
International Dialing: $1.99/minute
PCS Access Code: "011"
GSM Access Code: "+"
Country Code: "869"

All cruise ship calls: $2.49/minute
Data: $0.016/kb (with capable device where available)
Need to enable international services
For more information on Cruise Ship Roaming, please call 1-888-226-7212, option 2.
To report issues while at sea call 1-817-698-4199, option 3.
Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:15 AM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Medical Insurance coverage

CruiseMates,

If you have purchased the insurance coverage offered through Celebrity Cruise lines or another insurer and you have a HMO, PPO or other type Medical Coverage through your employer or self insured, you must contact your Medical Insurer/provider to receive a claim form and instruction for reimbursements for any claim that you submit in case of treatment and or services.
Find out your deductable and co-payment requirements for all out of network medical treatment and or emergencies.

The coverage offered through Celebrity is secondary coverage, there are a few insurers that offer primary coverage, you must confirm in advance the type of coverage you are purchasing with limits of coverage.
In other words, A secondary policy will only reimburse covered claims after all other primary coverage has been satisfied in accordance to the secondary insurer and if the primary policy covers your claim, the secondary policy will not apply.

You must report accidents/emergencies to your primary insurer before treatment and have a medical report completed by the medical service provider and or doctor performing the service, this will apply with secondary coverage aswell.

Air evacuation is not covered on most medical policies, secondary policies that cover emergency air evacuation is specific and must be identified showing coverage limits and requirements for receiving service.
Note: Pre arrangements with the insurer are required on most secondary policies to receive the service, if approved.

Emergency Ambulence coverage should be reviewed and the limits of coverage with your medical provider, a secondary policy is recomended which covers this service.

Every Insurance company will provide a contact number in case of any accidents, your existing medical insurer can send you forms or you can down load the forms in advance from there WEB-SITE, keep the claim form with you on the ship.

Insurance forms for any and all claims are to be completed by the doctor and or service provider rendering any treatment/services at that time.
Failure to comply with insurance claim requirements may cause your claim to be denied or delay reimbursement.

The airlines provides primary insurance coverage for lost or stolen luggage, which may not cover all your clothing, the majority of the travel insurance policies will offer coverage below the limits covered by the airlines.
In a nut shell, any additional insurance offered through a secondary insurer is worthless, if the limits are below the cost covered by your air carrier.
It is recomended that you purchase additional coverage (increase your limits) through your air carrier, it is well worth the peace of mind and if your luggage is lost or delayed, upon recovery, your luggage will be delivered to your next Port of Call.
I suggest you program all emergency contact numbers, airlines, hotels, doctors, etc. in your cell phone at this time.


Bon Voyage
Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old November 1st, 2008, 03:45 PM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Re: Great Hotel 2-blocks for Port Everglades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy
FORT LAUDERDALE GRANDE HOTEL AND YACHT CLUB
1881 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Rates verified on Oct. 26, 2008 @ 5:48 PM (PST).
Rate Type: AAA STAY AND SAVE
VALID AAA I.D. CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN
Room Type: TOWER WATERWAY VIEW
Total Rooms:1
Total Nights:1
Guests per Room: Adults: 2
Dates: 29 Nov 2008 - 30 Nov 2008
Rate per Room per Night: 123.00 USD
Taxes: 13.53
Total for Stay 136.53 USD
The rate offered is no longer, verified on Nov. 1, 2008
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default

[img]The Solstice has landed.....[/img]On American shores......
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:15 PM
SeaDreamer's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Default

...and she is beautiful! Can't wait to cruise on her
Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)  
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default

It look like we will be tied up across the way from Old San Juan - where RCCL has a berth they use.
Trying to confirm this.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1
Default

According to the Continental Shipping web page, see link to ship's docking in December below, The Solstice will dock at Pier 3W. I believe that is the RCL pier in Old San Juan for transient ships.


http://www.continentalshipping.com/Dec2008.htm


Continental Shipping is a ships' agent in San Juan
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old November 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky465
According to the Continental Shipping web page, see link to ship's docking in December below, The Solstice will dock at Pier 3W. I believe that is the RCL pier in Old San Juan for transient ships.


http://www.continentalshipping.com/Dec2008.htm


Continental Shipping is a ships' agent in San Juan
Thanks - my other friends did say the same thing.....
I'm easily led......
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old November 10th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Getting around Saint Maarten

Car Rentals:
There are many car rental agencies on St. Maarten. Rates are about US$25 to $55 per day, and most companies offer unlimited mileage. A valid driver's license and a major credit card or cash deposit (about US$350 to $600) are required.
Driving is on the right-hand side of the road.
Arthur's Car Rental www.arthurscarrental.com
Avis www.avis.com
Budget www.budget.com
Dollar Rent a Car www.dollar.com
Europcar www.europcarsxm.com
Island Car Rental www.island-carrental.com
National www.nationalcar.com
SXM Cars www.sxmcars.com
St. Maarten Car Rentals www.stmartincars.com
Wally Cars www.wallycars.com
..........................................
Motorbikes:
It is also possible to rent Motorbikes. The are loctated in Cole Bay.
Information under
Super Bikes
71 Union Road
Cole Bay St Maarten
Phone: 599-544-2704
www.h-dstmartin.com
..........................................
Taxis:
Taxis are widely available on the island. They have no meters, but all carry government-issued rate sheets with the prices for destinations throughout the island, based on two passengers per trip. The minimum rate is US$4 for one or two persons. An extra charge of US $2 will be added for each additional passenger. Rates rise 25 percent after 10pm and 50 percent after midnight. It is customary to tip drivers 10 to 15 percent. There are taxi stations at Wathey Square and Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch side, and near the tourist information bureau on the French side.
..........................................
Buses:
Regular public transportation runs between the island's two capitals and minibuses serve some of the more popular island routes--Mullet Bay, Simpson Bay, Cole Bay, and Grand Case--from 7 am to midnight. Fares range from US $1. to $2. dollars
Reply With Quote
  #81 (permalink)  
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default This just in......

__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)  
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default

I hope everyone has a great time on Solstice.

I will be easy to find when on board.

Look for the 6' 5" guy with a Cowboy hat on. That is me.
Just say Hi Tom......
I will be game playing and all over the ship.

The pictures show a lot and we will be getting the best Celebrity has to offer.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Default

Is any one aware whether the dengue fever still threatens St. Martin?
Interested to know.

Thanks
Melanie
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Dannyboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Southern Gentleman (Southern California)
Posts: 612
Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default

Outback Steakhouse

Purchase $100 gift card, receive an additional $20 gift card at any Outback Steakhouse.
Offer valid for free $20 gift card from November 1,2008 to December 31, 2008.

https://shop.outback.com/products.aspx?catid=8

CruiseMates

There is a OutBack Steakhouse next to the Embassy Suites Hotel off 17th Street & 10th Ave.

OutBack Steakhouse
Ft. Lauderdale - SE 10th Ave
(954) 523-5600
1801 SE 10th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale FL 33316
Proprietor: Paul Harrington

Monday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Friday: 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM

Closed on Thanksgiving
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

Yes, as of Nov 11 they were still reporting cases of it in St Martin.

The times when the skeeters comeout are daybreak and sundown, and it is only one particular kind of skeeter. I would think that the local officials are highly aware of the danger and have irradicated the potential breeding grounds in most well-traveled public places. They breed in small pools of still, non-saltwater.

The important things would be to use DEET if you are going to be out at sundown, and anytime you are out to stay in well-traveled public areas. Do not go on hikes, walk down alleyways, stay away especially from poor neighborhoods and farm-like or undeveloped areas. If you are oing to be in such areas - where long sleeves and use a DEET-based insecticide lotion or spray.

Personally, I may take the shuttle to downtown and walk around during the mid-day, but I will be back on board by sundown and stay on the ship.
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)  
Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default WE ARE CLOSE!!!!!!!

It is almost time for our cruise.

The following are still scheduled:

1. Pre-Cruise Get Together - Saturday evening - 8:00p.m.
Renaissance Hotel-1617 Southeast 17th Street, Ft. Lauderdale- "17th Street Lounge"


2. Sunday Sail Away- 5:00p.m.- Sunset Bar "Lawn Club deck" - AFT.


3. Monday At Sea: 3:00-5:00 Karaoke in the Quasar Night Club

WE ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE COCKTAIL PARTY YET. The reason is that the cruise has but one day at sea early on, Monday, and that will most likely be the captains cocktail party. We don't want to interefere with that.

So, our only other choice is to hold it later in the cruise. We will work it out.

We do have nametags already made for everyone. We also have door signs. We will be delivering these to your cabins early the first day, along with a schedule of events. You won't be allowed in the cocktail party without your nametag because drinks are complimentary from the cruise line.

By the way - you can order whatever you want during this cocktail party, you don't have to take the sparkling wine or merlot they have on the trays.

We have had LITTLE response aboyut our Karaoke, but it would be nice if people just showed up anyway so we can get together and talk pre-captains cocktail party (assuming it is Monday night as it should be).

Please note that we will very likely make last minute changes to the schedule. Watch your stateroom inbox or the message light on your phone for updates!

See you all there!
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 69
Default

Hello again Paul!!

Jan and I will definitely be there for Karaoke. It might be too
late but would you have "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin?
It's no problem if you don't. We'll be there anyway.

Thanks,
Phil
__________________
pheelgood

Celebrity Solstice--Nov.30, 2008
Our First Cruisemates Cruise!!!
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

I will definitely look for it!
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old November 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,913
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

IT'S THE NIGHT BEFORE WE ALL FLY TO FT LAUDERDALE....

IT IS FINALLY HERE, I HOPE YOU ALL ARE READY FOR THIS CRUISE O0N THIS BEAUTIFUL NEW SHIP!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)  
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM
longboysfan's Avatar
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
IT'S THE NIGHT BEFORE WE ALL FLY TO FT LAUDERDALE....

IT IS FINALLY HERE, I HOPE YOU ALL ARE READY FOR THIS CRUISE O0N THIS BEAUTIFUL NEW SHIP!!!!
Ship was great, food was better than I remembered.
Great cruise.
__________________
We be Cruzin... Summitt - from San Juan.
January 2nd - ...... To the South.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
6269, boy, cabin, celebrity, cruise, danny, kitts, marriott, mates, meet, nov, private, solstice, st, tours, wwweuropcarsxmcom

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotel for Nov 29 pre-Solstice Cruise HappyJan Celebrity 6 September 8th, 2008 02:38 PM
Details for our CruiseMates Group Cruise on Solstice Kuki Chit - Chat for Cruisers 6 October 18th, 2007 10:58 AM
Details for our CruiseMates Group Cruise on Solstice Kuki CruiseMates Group Cruises 0 October 8th, 2007 03:59 PM
Details for our CruiseMates Group Cruise on Solstice Kuki Celebrity 0 October 8th, 2007 03:57 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1