Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Captain

Default Captains Club level

We currently are at the Select level in the Captains Club with 7 credits. In Nov. we will pick up 3 more credits for cruising 12 days in CC Class. That will put us at the Elite level ...WHOOPPEE!.... but will we be able to use our Elite status on that cruise? It would be great to have free access to the T-Pool on the Mercury!
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Default ELITE STATUS

Sorry to say you have to wait until AFTER your cruise...we are in the same boat.. missing one point for our cruise next year
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Captains Club level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacdenv24
will we be able to use our Elite status on that cruise?
It would be great if the program worked like that... but unfortunately Celebrity insists you complete the cruise before receiving credit...
Old September 30th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Familiar Face

What are the elite benefits, thanks for the input.
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:01 AM
Captain

Default Elite Level Benefits

Old October 1st, 2009, 08:17 AM
Captain

These are the perks for Elite membership. What appealed to us was the use of the Thellasotherapy pool and Persian Garden, the wine seminar and use of a departure lounge. But I guess we just gotta wait 'til next time

Elite Member Benefits (*After 10 earned tier credits)

Existing Benefits
• Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises
• Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise
• A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise
• Complimentary custom air request when booking your cruise
• Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise
• Annual member reunion cruises which include member events and discounts
• One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)
• Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information
• Priority embarkation while boarding the ship
• Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event
• Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist
• Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cockatil Party
• Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation
• Priority tender service status
• Priority waitlist status for dining room seating
• Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event
• Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool. (Celebrity Mercury only)
• Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Tier

Added Benefits (Available on All Celebrity Cruises EXCEPT Celebrity Xpedition)
• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event
• Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items
• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing**
• One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer
• Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item
• 90 complimentary Internet minutes (no purchase necessary - can be redeem as is or applied towards a larger internet package)
• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour
• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (port days only)
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Captain

And by the way, those benefits are X 2! We were surprised to see two envelopes in our cabin this past cruise, and the laundry is actually more substantial. We each had two 30 garments of free wash, dry and fold, 2 dry cleaning, 2 complimentary press, etc. so each of you will get all of this!

The evening cocktail hour was only an added plus. Full bar at that! You'll get there very soon.

If you guys can on your next voyage, take advantage of the Celebrity $100 Passage certificate. For $100 each you buy an open-ended booking to be used on X or Azmara.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:11 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

If you are a stockholder of RCCL stock -- be sure to compare the "booking bonus" for a particular cruise compared to the OBC's benefits of owning the shares.
These benefits are NO longer combinable.

Mariner of the Seas - Jan. 2009 Around the Horn B2B - 30 days

Future Floats: Jan. 2011 - Rotterdam - Hawaii/Tahiti - 30 days

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Captain

Good point Cruise Mama. The owners credit is only $250 for 14+ nights, but using the $100 open-ended booking, it's $300 for 14+ nights.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton
And by the way, those benefits are X 2! We were surprised to see two envelopes in our cabin this past cruise, and the laundry is actually more substantial. We each had two 30 garments of free wash, dry and fold, 2 dry cleaning, 2 complimentary press, etc. so each of you will get all of this!

The evening cocktail hour was only an added plus. Full bar at that! You'll get there very soon.

If you guys can on your next voyage, take advantage of the Celebrity $100 Passage certificate. For $100 each you buy an open-ended booking to be used on X or Azmara.
Ok, now you got my interest. Can you receive unlimited drinks at this evening cocktail hour or is there a drink maximum? Is it really a full bar or is it limited like the Royal Caribbean Concierge lounge where you can receive only a limited type of drink.

We have never sailed on Celebrity before and don't really know what to expect, but these added benefits seem very nice! We are looking at Constellation for next year.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

we are elite members as we hav sailed we celebrity and rccl for about 30 times an the goodies are very good when you hav spent many thousands of bucks/pounds with one company you would have thought they could do a bit more but saying that we are going to sail with celebrity again in nov 09 and we ARE looking forward to it
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Captain

Hi jmraggs:

YES, unlimited drinks, every night. I was somewhat suspicious, but from 4-6 PM every night Michaels Club is converted into happy hour....full bar. There is cocktail service, or you can walk up to the bar. My other half had martinis and I had Chardonnay. We saw other mixed drinks and well drinks as well. Many passengers would take their drink to the dining room; we did this a couple of times too.

I brought along some extra singles to tip the bartender and servers, they were busting their butts. The room was kind of noisy, and as you can imagine very popular with the Elite guests. If was too loud, we would just walk around outside around the Emporium, or whatever...but what a great perk!
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Beginner

Thanks Triton,

Even Royal isn't a full bar, so that sounds pretty good. We were originally going to book a 14 night on Constellation, but being the first time on Celebrity we chickened out and booked a Royal instead. I think for a first Celebrity cruise we'll book a 4 or 5 night to see what it's like
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Default MISTAKE-IT'S NOT TOO LATE

Boy, have you made a mistake.. having been on Royal and on Celebrity and the Constellation...you have no idea what your missing..The Constellation is a charming and lovely ship in the old fasioned way.. Of the Century, Galaxy and the Constellation (also been on Brilliance of the Seas) there is a favorite among many of the Celebrity cruisers... the Constellation.. A dear friend has a friend who just came of the Constellation t/a and says it was so far superior to her Princess cruise last year.. and we won't even compare it to our Amazon cruise in April, where Parrot Pop said..."Celebrity is so far ahead".. Please, oh pretty please try Celebriy now.. trust Triton, myself and thousands of cruisers who adore the Constellation and Celebrity.. The only way I can easily describe the experience.. and both lines are owned by the same company....RCCL... RCCL is liike being in Macys... and Celebrity is like being in an Nordstroms...
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
A dear friend has a friend who just came of the Constellation t/a and says it was so far superior to her Princess cruise last year
And the second cousin of my doctor's receptionist's uncle said .........

Sorry, but that was just too funny!!!

Besides, I don't believe any poster in this thread asked about Princess.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Default TOO FUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
A dear friend has a friend who just came of the Constellation t/a and says it was so far superior to her Princess cruise last year

HI Kuki... no, what I was trying to say and I guess I didn't say it well or it was not supposed to come out as anti-Princess, that this particular cruiser LOVED THE Constellation over the Princess they had both cruised on last May and was telling our mutual friend that of all the cruise lines ships she had been on this was her favorite.. My friend is NOT a big time cruiser..actually cruising after her experience on one of the newer Princess left her anti-cruising..lol...whereas her friend is an experienced cruiser.. Guess it came out backwards...sorry...sometimes my fingers get in the way of my brain..lol
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:

Thanks Kuki,

I did not recall the OP (jacdenv24) encouraging posters to do their usual bashing of Princess either! The OP merely asked a simple question about the Elite level on Celebrity.

Thanks for jumping in and being the voice of reason. If this kind of thing from just a few keeps up, this great board will turn into nothing more than another cruise critic, where posters are discredited and impugned for reporting serious problems, while a few very minor problems on Princess are just repeated incessantly.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
where posters are discredited and impugned for reporting serious problems, while a few very minor problems on Princess are just repeated incessantly.
And what a crock that is!! You view your problems as more serious. Who gets to decide who's problem is more serious? It's NOT a contest!!!

"Incessantly" (great word) in this case is most certainly a two way (or two poster ) street.

It's become a train wreck, and in my view disruptive to the message boards.

Exchanging information and discussion is good. The exchanges in this case have become the "virtual babies whining". The facade of attempting to "help people" is long gone.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Beginner

We are going on our first celebrity cruise (though we have been on 2 RCL cruises) with my in-laws who are celebrity captains club elite members. Will they be able to have us join them for any of the special events or must we find something else to do when they are being entertained? Does anyone know?
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyke View Post
We are going on our first celebrity cruise (though we have been on 2 RCL cruises) with my in-laws who are celebrity captains club elite members. Will they be able to have us join them for any of the special events or must we find something else to do when they are being entertained? Does anyone know?
Interesting question. We just became Elite members on our last cruise so haven't had a chance to take advantage of our new "status" yet. But I'm guessing that the answer would be NO. If Celebrity allowed all the Elite members to bring friends and /or family to all the Elite functions and events, then half the passengers on board would show up! The exception might be if one half of a couple was Elite and not the other,and sharing the same cabin, then that might be an exception.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Just returned from our second Celebrity cruise on the Solstice. Had Elite status due to 13 RCCL cruises. The free Elite cocktail hour in Michael's Club from 4PM to 6PM had a card on each table, front and back, with about 25 drink choices including Martinis, Manhattans, Cosmopolitans, Cuba Libra, wines, champagne, etc.Each specialty restaurants took a turn each night providing tastes of their cuisine. The wine of the night in the dining room was also provided to sample. Great marketing, I would say.

Elite continental breakfast..also in Michael's... was delightful with smoothies, Mimosas, Bloody Marys, specialty coffee drinks, fresh fruit and upgraded pastries.
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:22 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacdenv24 View Post
We currently are at the Select level in the Captains Club with 7 credits. In Nov. we will pick up 3 more credits for cruising 12 days in CC Class. That will put us at the Elite level ...WHOOPPEE!.... but will we be able to use our Elite status on that cruise? It would be great to have free access to the T-Pool on the Mercury!
the answer is no it has to completed 10 points
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Captain

Exclamation Elite Benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyke View Post
We are Elite level members, and were on the Constellation in February. They used the Bar at The Edge of The Earth as their venue for the cocktail hour because of the large number of Elite members on board. Each Elite member was given a special card (in their cabin) that identified them as Elite. I'm not referring to our SeaPass card, it was something different. We were asked to put this card on the table when ordering drinks so the server would know whether or not we were entitled to free drinks.

So, the long answer to your short question is, no, they can't get the freebies unless they have the card.
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Elite membership is why I am going to take 2 RCL 3 day cruises in a Junior Suite so I can become Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity.
10-2004 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2006 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
12-2006 Enchantment Of The Seas- Western Carib.
05-2008 Monarch Of The Seas- Baja Mexico
09-2009 NCL Sky- Bahamas
03-2010 Celebrity Century- Western Carib.
10-2010 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2010 Liberty Of The Seas- Coco Cay
11-2010 Freedom Of The Seas- Labadee, Haiti
11-2010 Monarch Of The Seas- Bahamas
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
Elite membership is why I am going to take 2 RCL 3 day cruises in a Junior Suite so I can become Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity.
We gained Elite status with Celebrity last Dec, so does that mean we automatically became Diamond with RCL? We have only cruised twice with them.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Yes:

Respective levels of Captain's Club and Crown and Anchor are matched. Call Celebrity's Captain's Club and they can take care of issuing a new C&A number to reflect Diamond status. They may also just upgrade your existing C&A account number.

You can contact Captain's Club at 1-800-760-0654.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Sweet!

Looking forward to our upcoming cruise more so now!
Angela Z.