Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Passenger

Default Great Panama cruise on Infinity -- lousy luggage service...

I LOVED my Infinity cruise through the Panama Canal cruise, but I'm peeved. I signed up for Luggage Express, or Luggage Valet, whatever it's called. You put your bags out as usual the last night, then Celebrity takes them to the airport for you and you pick them up at your airport.

Well, one of them didn't make it somehow -- my flight left at 5:00pm from FLL, so they had plenty of time. But mistakes can happen -- no problem.

My displeasure is that they didn't call me for a day and a half, and then just to say they'd "found" my bag and would UPS it to me. Well, they sent it GROUND to Seattle, so I still haven't received it yet, 6 days later!

Not happy here -- lots of souvenirs, toiletries, clothes, accessories, etc are presumably on the way home, expected on the 20th! Dirty humid clothes could be pretty nasty by then, and I've done without a lot of necessities I had to replace. No letter, no explanation from them, just some kid in the warehouse saying "sorry." Unacceptable customer service from a great line like Celebrity, and a horrible last taste of a wonderful cruise..

Any ideas on how best to address this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:19 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

I am sure a nice but firm letter is in order --- we have never used this service but I think it is relatively new --- service can't be improved unless Celebrity hears both the pros and cons. Good luck and keep us
posted about the outcome.

Mariner of the Seas - Jan. 2009 Around the Horn B2B - 30 days

Future Floats: Jan. 2011 - Rotterdam - Hawaii/Tahiti - 30 days

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Captain

Default Sorry to Hear!

Tom, that's too bad about your experience! Have you heard anything since then? Did you send a letter off?

We too tried the luggage valet program, for $20 each and had no problems at all. I wonder whose to blame, the airline, TSA or Celebrity? Our flight was at 3, and we even flew out of Miami. When we arrived in San Francisco, there was some breathless moments, but all four of our bags arrived. We were happy and will definitely use the service again.

Please keep us posted on your progress...and I know what you mean about soiled clothes, man this was a humid cruise!!
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Passenger

Default luggage is finally here

It took forever to get here by GROUND UPS and I had to wait all day at home on Wednesday -- 10 days after getting off the cruise ("UPS will deliver your package between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm. We are sorry, but we cannot narrow down the time of delivery any further, and a signature is required.") It finally got here at 5:30 pm!

Anyway, everything was in it, and the clothes went immediately into presoak and wash. Had some stains on a few things (perspiration + humidity + a 10 day wait = Ewwww, GROSS!) Most everything came out okay after a few washes and some heavy laundry chemicals.

The apology email from Celebrity was very generic, not real satisfying n any way. No explanation, but supposedly the luggage didn't get off the boat in time to get to luggage express service. (My flight home was at 5:30 for god's sake, what took them so long??) The tone of the letter was "here's your luggage, we will refund your money for the extra charge, but your comment card said you enjoyed yourself, so no big deal, right?" Not exactly the apology I had expected.

Anyway, they said they would credit my charge card for the $20.00 charge in the next week or so. No other discounts or cruise credit was offered.

I am willing to consider it a fluke, since I have used the luggage service on three cruise lines and this is the first time I've had an issue. And I think that can happen at any time on any cruise line. So I will use the service again, and I will certainly travel Celebrity again. It was a great cruise!!
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Seafun, I'm glad you finally got you luggage. I also want to commend you for being so understanding about it. You certainly are a Gentleman, and wish you better luck with your luggage delivery service in the future.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Note to self... Use express checkout - carry your own luggage off.....