CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Port of Los Angeles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/373413-port-los-angeles.html)

hmcrn April 22nd, 2010 02:42 PM

Port of Los Angeles

Hi guys,
I am a little confused here. I've never gone out of the port of los angeles, so am wondering if it's the same port that is in Long Beach? I am looking at booking my hotel for the night before the cruise, and several different places mention a shuttle, but they call it different ports. Also, on a different site, someone mentioned not all cruise ships leaving from the same place in LA? I'm heading out of "LA" on Celebrity Infinity.
Thanks!

uncmarts April 22nd, 2010 03:16 PM

There are two ports in the Los Angeles area.....One is the "Port Of Los Angeles San Pedro, the other is the Port at Long Beach where Carnival has its own terminal....You mentioned your are going on "Celebrity", and that would be the San Pedro location. You can contact Celebrity directly for more information on location.

Mike M April 22nd, 2010 03:17 PM

The port of Los Angeles is located in San Pedro. The Long Beach port is used by Carnival Corporation ships. Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and NCL use San Pedro.

Here is the Port of Los Angeles information.

Port of Los Angeles
San Pedro Pier
World Cruise Center
Pacific Cruise Ship Terminals
720 E Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 816-6500
Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro & Long Beach) website.

Directions:

Los Angeles Airport (LAX) to the Pier:
  1. Follow the signs to I-405 South (San Diego Freeway).
  2. Exit to I-110 South (Harbor Freeway) to Harbor Boulevard exit.
  3. Continue across Harbor Boulevard to the pier.
Distance from Airport to Pier is 25 miles or an hour drive.

Take care,
Mike

hmcrn April 22nd, 2010 04:24 PM

Thanks guys! That helps to clear it up. I never knew that there were two ports there! So glad I asked. :D

Rev22:17 April 22nd, 2010 05:44 PM

hmcrn,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1287957)
Hi guys,
I am a little confused here. I've never gone out of the port of los angeles, so am wondering if it's the same port that is in Long Beach? I am looking at booking my hotel for the night before the cruise, and several different places mention a shuttle, but they call it different ports. Also, on a different site, someone mentioned not all cruise ships leaving from the same place in LA? I'm heading out of "LA" on Celebrity Infinity.
Thanks!

Yes, as others have noted, the "Port of Los Angeles" is in the San Pedro area.

San Pedro is an area between Long Beach and Rancho Palos Verdes that's part of the city of Los Angeles. There's a swath of land about 100 yards wide along I-110 that's also part of the city of Los Angeles, connecting San Pedro to the rest of the city. On the MapQuest map of the area, the Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach actually appear to be two sides of the same area.

If you are booking your own flights into Los Angeles International Airport on the day of your embarkation or flying out of the same airport on the day of disembarkation, be aware that it typically takes about an hour to travel between the Port of Los Angeles and Los Angeles International Airport due to the combination of distance and traffic.

Norm.