Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default A Bunch Of Random Solstice Questions.

O.K. all you past Solstice sailers,

We just booked on Solstice. This will be our first shot at Celebrity. We usually sail with RCCL. When we did the first 2 Oasis sailings in December, we thought we might not do another cruise so soon but an opportunity popped up and we can't pass it up. So we are anxious to try Solstice and Celebrity, but of course, we're 'playing with a different team' and had a few questions that some past Solstice cruisers might be able to answer. So, and in no particular order, here goes:

1) Are any of the pools freshwater (really like that on Oasis)?
2) Is there anyplace on ship that has 24 food/snacks/coffee etc. similar to
RCCL's Cafe Promenade?
3) Does Solstice board from the same pier/facility as Oasis?
4) What is the current main show in the theatre?
5) For the fitness people, do the treadmills have audio/visual units (ie:
TV's and if so, does the ship supply headphones or do I need my own?
Now I know this seems to indicate that that I'm going to use the
fitness center while on board, and that is my intention. But as of right now, out of
10 cruises, the amount of fitness I have committed on a cruise
amounts sticking my head in the door of two different fitness centers.
And that's pretty much it. But I am planning to do it this time.....really!

So that covers what I have so far. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:15 AM
Admiral

I'll try and answer a couple of the questions, I am just off Solstice on Sunday..

Aqua spa pool is freshwater, a great area that I loved because it is indoors in a very large area...Excellent healthy menu cafe as a bonus. Age restricted, cant use under age 19 and it is enforced...

In the buffet area you can get coffee and some drinks 24 hours but don't believe food is available 24 hours. Just so you are aware, Celebrity does not have a dinner buffet on any of their ships. They do have options such as pasta, sushi, etc but not a full buffet as you would get for lunch or breakfast.

The main show in the theater is the Cirque type show during which I fell asleep. Did not find anyone who like it, numerous people walked out. The entertainement in the lounges was much better than the nightly shows. I did not attend all of them so can't comment on any night. I was on NCL in June and their entertainment was much better...

Can't answer about the fitness equipment...

Any other questions, feel free to ask...
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

no

A salute to something (Broadway, Hollywood, Gershwin, the beatles,... I don't know really. It is a production show like most cruise shows).

They have AV (I believe) but you need your own headsets.

fitness center while on board, and that is my intention. But as of right now, out of 10 cruises, the amount of fitness I have committed on a cruise amounts sticking my head in the door of two different fitness centers. And that's pretty much it. But I am planning to do it this time.....really!
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post

no

A salute to something (Broadway, Hollywood, Gershwin, the beatles,... I don't know really. It is a production show like most cruise shows).

They have AV (I believe) but you need your own headsets.

fitness center while on board, and that is my intention. But as of right now, out of 10 cruises, the amount of fitness I have committed on a cruise amounts sticking my head in the door of two different fitness centers. And that's pretty much it. But I am planning to do it this time.....really!
Paul:

I am just off the Solstice and it definitely does leave from the same pier as the Oasis. Oasis leaves on Saturday and Solstice on Sunday. Since the pier was built for twice as many passengers as Solstice it is nice having all the room available and embarkation was a breeze...

The main show is a Circque type production show....
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Cool Entertainment on the soltice

The week we were on the entertainment due to malfunctioning equipment was a disaster..Never have I paid much attention to an E.D. b ut this one..John Grahanan was so obnoxious I couldn't help but notice. Did remember back to an Alan King E.D. on one of their ships and he's been the best I can remember.. As has b een said the best entertainment except for the Cirque type show was definetely in the lounges..especially near Michaels Club.Loved the indoor pool and the peacefulness. Again, chair hogs took over the covered canopies very,very early in the a.m. The Aqua Spa Cafe is a hidden jewel.. and on the Soltice it did say no admittance under 16.. Boarding is very, very efficient...
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info folks. It will help. We're really looking forward to seeing the ship. We actually set the whole thing up in a day, and that included getting another couple and my mom on board. Quite a whirlwind. And Paul, I had to mention that we really enjoyed your intelligence from Oasis in December. We were about to jump out of our skins as the sail date got closer and we were following your posts closely. That was really a fun time and the cruises were even better.