Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Celebrity Millenium????HELP!! PLEASE!

We have ALWAYS sailed on Royal Caribbean and are again this year but we wanted to find a back to back cruise to go along with it. Unfortunately Royal does not have anything aside from the exact cruise that we are already sailing on.

SO, we are l ooking at Celebrity Millenium. We wanted a Celebrity Suite but all that is available is a celebrity suite WITHOUT a balcony . We are not sure if this will bother us.

Additionally, I saw older photos from 2009 and the bedding was horrible looking. Have they changed it since then?

IF ANYONE has any photos that they can send me, please let me know as soon as possible. I need to make a decision by tonight!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well, Sparkie, unfortunately I have no photos of my cabin to show you. Having said that, however, I will say that we stayed in a Concierge cabin which had a balcony which was perfectly delightful: double bed, sofa, chair, bureau, plenty of storage space, both in drawers and closet space. There were two chairs and a small table on balcony. We had a shower only whose curtain you could become initimate with should you desire to shave in the shower, but not much of a problem other than that, with ample storage space there as well. We had no problems sleeping on mattress.

Our last cruise on her was over Christmas 2011 and we also sailed on her in 2008. We tend to eat in specialty restaurants when we cruise and we ate every night (both cruises)in the Olympic Restaurant. The service there was exceptional (our waiter even recognized us, having waited on us previously on another Celebrity ship). The food was delicious (and could order off the menu and made special requests which they honored) wherever and whenever we chose to eat it and could not complain about a single dish.

Our itinerary was western Carib--Key West, Cozumel, and Christmas was spent at sea. Plenty to do or nothing to do, as you so desire. Only thing was too many 1 cent slots and not enough quarter ones (which really did not pay out, or maybe we were just unlucky). We enjoyed the Millenium the first time and did so this cruise as well. She will be Solsticized this spring and changes will be made (new restaurants added, some lounges changed, etc) but this probably will be for the betterment and not take anything away from her.

Having said that, we took two other Celebrity Cruises last year as well (Century in summer and Eclipse over Thanksgiving) and while we have always loved Celebrity in the past (we are Elite members), had a cruise from hell on Eclipse and decided our trip (which had already been prepaid in full by time we took cruise on Eclipse) on Millenium would be our last one with Celebrity, cancelling one we had planned for this March on Solstice.
You will enjoy Celebrity, I think, because it is my opinion that they have it all over RCL (especially in the food department, whether specialty restaurant or not) despite the fact that RCL is the parent company.

No matter which cruise line you go on, have a great time and remember, it's not about the destination, but rather, the journey to get there. See you out on the Seven Seas (?Navigator?lol)
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie3630 View Post
We have ALWAYS sailed on Royal Caribbean and are again this year but we wanted to find a back to back cruise to go along with it. Unfortunately Royal does not have anything aside from the exact cruise that we are already sailing on.

SO, we are l ooking at Celebrity Millenium. We wanted a Celebrity Suite but all that is available is a celebrity suite WITHOUT a balcony . We are not sure if this will bother us.

Additionally, I saw older photos from 2009 and the bedding was horrible looking. Have they changed it since then?

IF ANYONE has any photos that they can send me, please let me know as soon as possible. I need to make a decision by tonight!!!
I don't know when you are going on your cruise but in April Millenium is going in for a major makeover. They are putting all the best features of the Solstice class ships on the Millie and it will basically be the next best thing to a new ship after the three week drydock.

The ship will be getting all new bedding during the drydock, heres a link to the press release about the bedding.

Press Room Details