Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Read my answer very closely Henry43,
I stated people should be able to do whatever they want to their own body as long as it is legal. Taking you're own life is a crime and an illegal act.
Suicide is not illegal in many states...
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
IMHO smoking should be universally outlawed .I make this statement as someone who smoked 24 years .

When you make a statement such as that you should think of prohibition in the US. That worked out real well, you think it would be any different.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
If you believe that a person should be able to do anything they desire to their bodies do you equate that with everything ? Do you believe that a person has the right to take their own life ?
I will repeat what I said in an earlier post and proberly will be the last time I entertain this subject. I joined this site to possibly give and get informative info on cruising, helpful tips and whatnot. I did'nt join this site to get into a debate over a issue that is nothing to do with cruising.

I stated and will not state again...A person has a right to do whatever they wish as long as it is not against the law nor violates anyone's rights. That answer speaks for itself.

Now how about getting back on track with the "No smoking policy" ON BOARD A CRUISE SHIP.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
I will repeat what I said in an earlier post and proberly will be the last time I entertain this subject. I joined this site to possibly give and get informative info on cruising, helpful tips and whatnot. I did'nt join this site to get into a debate over a issue that is nothing to do with cruising.

I stated and will not state again...A person has a right to do whatever they wish as long as it is not against the law nor violates anyone's rights. That answer speaks for itself.

Now how about getting back on track with the "No smoking policy" ON BOARD A CRUISE SHIP.
How ironic how the thread has gone. And the O.P. has disappeared, has not been on line since Feb. 8! Let's end the thread starting with no more responses.
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
How ironic how the thread has gone. And the O.P. has disappeared, has not been on line since Feb. 8! Let's end the thread starting with no more responses.

I have not disappeared .I chose to not digress from the original post as I had .
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Ruthless

I think you may have upset the OP.

I do hope the OP returns.

But I think Ruthless we may agree on one thing, both sides are fairly entrenched and unlikely to change minds.

40 year ago, I was the only one of a large group who did not smoke - the smoke affected my eye badly and I could only sit in a bar/pub for a relatively short period of time. Remember the days when you had to ask for a seat in the non-smoking section of the cinema? How times have changed.

There are many vices. But what differentiates smoking - JMHO -is that being arround cigarette smoke is damaging to one's health. The cruise companies don't want the lawsuits therefore they are restricting smoking.

If you don't like it, choose another vacation type.

Smokers, whether they like or not have lost the argument as far as the Cruise Lines go - sorry - your are a dying breed.

Annie
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Anyone who smokes in a place where other people can breathe in the smoke is damaging their health, nobody has a right to do this.
Do I think someone should be able to take their own life? of course they should, it's their life to do with what they wish.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Admiral

John ,once again we agree .