CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Penthouse Suite - Constellation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/388988-penthouse-suite-constellation.html)

john_galt April 22nd, 2012 05:48 PM

Penthouse Suite - Constellation

Just booked the port side Penthouse Suite on the Constellation for April of 2014. Anyone have any pointers about these rooms? Exactly what does the butler do? Is there a room steward, too?

Marc April 22nd, 2012 07:15 PM

Who is John Galt?

dkjretired April 22nd, 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_galt (Post 1426134)
Just booked the port side Penthouse Suite on the Constellation for April of 2014. Anyone have any pointers about these rooms? Exactly what does the butler do? Is there a room steward, too?

You will have both a butler and a room steward so be prepared for the tips for both.

The old adage is the butler takes care of you and the steward takes care of the room.

There is a complete description of Butler service on the Celebrity web site. Some of the perks are real, some are a joke but he can arrange small parties for you, bring you dinner in your room which is delivered by course. Lots of other things on the web site.

Don

dkjretired April 22nd, 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1426147)
Who is John Galt?

The OP in this thread...

Kuki April 22nd, 2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_galt (Post 1426134)

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...2168/41478.jpg

That's a picture of me serving breakfast to the occupants of the PH during my day on the job, as a butler on Celebrity.

Here's a link to the entire article I wrote about it.
Cruise Opinion and Humor; The Butler's Tale

john_galt April 22nd, 2012 09:42 PM

Thanks, Kuki!

My late wife and I were in a Century Suite on the Century in 1997 but we were rather timid about calling the butler. We had dinner served in the room the last couple of days.

I want to make sure my new bride and I use all the perks that come with the Penthouse this time.

My sister-in-law is booking the adjoining Sky Suite. I'm sure will have a wonderful time.

"How is John Galt?" is from the Ayn Rand novel "Atlas shrugged".

Kuki April 22nd, 2012 10:04 PM

Those PH suites on the Millenium class ships are, imho, the nicest at sea. There's nothing like that balcony patio area to compare.

The suite itself with the full size dining room table are also terrific.

You'll be hard pressed to not love it.

Grands3 April 24th, 2012 10:14 AM

Do you tip the Butler after every service? If so how much?

dkjretired April 24th, 2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grands3 (Post 1426331)
Do you tip the Butler after every service? If so how much?

No you do not tip after every service. The Butlers's tip is one of the tips that are automatically taken care of daily on your ship's account, same as room steward and dining room personnel. If you feel he does an excellent job, you may certainly tip him extra at the end of the cruise but that is up to you.

Surfguyxxx1 April 24th, 2012 05:59 PM

The butler we had on the Equinox was fantastic. He always seemed to be there whenever we needed him, even when we didn't know we needed him! They work so very hard and he was compensated for his benefits. Never had a steward though, maybe next time.

Surfguyxxx1 April 24th, 2012 06:01 PM

Kuki; what steady hands you have :)

john_galt April 30th, 2012 06:12 PM

After reading "A Butler's Tale", my sister-in-law decided she needed to move up to a Royal Suite. That moves her down the hall two cabins.

Thanks, Kuki!

dkjretired May 3rd, 2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_galt (Post 1426989)
After reading "A Butler's Tale", my sister-in-law decided she needed to move up to a Royal Suite. That moves her down the hall two cabins.

Thanks, Kuki!

John:

Heres a press release from the other day about new suite amenities.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/abou...press_room_tab

john_galt May 3rd, 2012 06:26 PM

My wife loves the BVLGARI upgrade.

Thanks for the link!

dkjretired May 3rd, 2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1427303)
John:

Heres a press release from the other day about new suite amenities.

About Celebrity | Celebrity Cruises

I really find it highly objectionable that I put a link to a Celebrity Press release on this board and cruisemates inserts an ad before the person can get to the link. I checked my link before I went off line and it took me directly to the press release. The intermediate link was put in later, not the first time this has happened. I put a lot of links on here to assist cruisers but will have to reconsider whether I will do it in the future.

Don

Pamlevine July 21st, 2013 03:15 PM

We are also booked on the constellation in April 2014. In the penthouse on the starboard side. We leave April 19. When do you go?