Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2001, 09:33 AM
bostongal

Default Should I be concerned?

I booked my October cruise and got the confirmation in the mail. The confirmation has a completely different final payment due date on it - a month earlier than expected. My TA says not to worry about it - should I be concerned?
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2001, 10:26 AM
sailinglisa

Default Re: Should I be concerned?

Something similar happened to me. Sometimes travel agencies put a final payment due date that is sooner than the cruise lines final payment date to give the customer and the TA a little leeway in getting the payment in.
Old June 28th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Lady Jag

Our old agent used to do this all the time. Some agents feel that they are sure to get payments in on time this way. Go by the brochure due dates and add a few days to make sure your final payment gets to your agent and he/she has time to call it in.

When I used to be a cruise-only agent, collecting the money was the most miserable part (and only miserable part) of my job. People were always pushing the deadlines. I have never seen a cruise line cancel a booking because of the final payment being a week late. You do have a little leeway.
Old June 28th, 2001, 06:10 PM
bostongal

Thanks so much for the information. I was actually thinking that the cruise was going to be cancelled because I was 3 days late with the final payment! Whew. I am calmer now.

bostongal