Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2001, 01:11 PM
Braves Fans

Default Cruise with seeing eye dog

I have a friend from work that is interested in cruising. I've got him sold as far as what a great experience it is, but the one question he had that I couldn't answer concerned the fact that his wife is blind and she has a seeing eye dog. I know that the seeing eye dog would be allowed on the cruise, but does anyone out there have any specific information as far as where they could go to walk the dog when they are at sea, etc. I guess I never really thought that this might hinder their cruise experience. Does anyone have any information on this? I suggested that they contact their travel agent for more specific questions, but I just thought I'd put the word out in case anyone out there has had a similar experience.
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2001, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise with seeing eye dog

Have your friends email me at tlassek@usa.net

We have taken a seeing eye dog on 4 cruises and have 2 more planned.

I have a lot of experience on what to expect, what to bring and what goes right and wrong.

Theresa
Old July 3rd, 2001, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Braves Fan ...

Theresa is THE ONE to talk to. I've sailed with her, her mom, and her mom's Seeing Eye Dog -- Erin, also known as "Island Dog".

There is an upcoming story in Cruise Travel magazine about it, I would be happy to send you the draft copy. But Theresa is the best source.

pamda -- Cruise Mates First Time Cruisers Hostess
Old July 3rd, 2001, 09:51 PM
Braves Fans

Thanks! Theresa - I've forwarded your email, so hopefully they'll get in touch with you.
Old July 3rd, 2001, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Braves Fan - sent her a long email along with Pam's rough draft article.

Theresa