Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2001, 11:25 PM
SMA

Default FORMAL WEAR

I WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ON RENTING A TUXEDO ON A PRINCES CRUISE . IS THIS DONE THROUGH YOU TA? HOW IS THE FITING DONE ? WHAT IS AN AVERAGE COST? WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT. THANKS IN ADVANCE. NATURALLY I AM A FIRST TIME CRUISER....NOT HARD TO GUESS! MANY THANKS.
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2001, 01:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: FORMAL WEAR

Hi, SMA ...

The first person to talk to is your TA. Usually, the forms to rent a tux will be tucked in with your travel documents but a good TA should have the information on hand.

Being a person of the female persuasion, I have never had occasion to rent a tux. My husband owns his own dinner clothes so he has never had occasion to rent a tux.

From what I remember just from reading things, talking to people, and my three sons going to proms, the cost is probably somewhere around $80 -$100.

The good news (???) is that I'm working on a story for CruiseMates that will answer all these pressing questions.

Stay tuned. Tux news coming soon.

pamda -- CruiseMates First Time Cruisers Editor

p.s. Please don't type in caps, people think you are SHOUTING.
Old July 23rd, 2001, 03:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill

I will look forward to the article Pam.

From past expierience when my son rented a tux for a 7 day cruise (2 formal nights) the charge was approx $100 and included the basic black tux, a white dinner jacket for the second formal night as well as 2 tux shirts. The studs, cuff links, bowtie and cummerbund were included. He sent his measurments via his TA and the tux was waiting in the closet of his cabin. I believe you can rent the black tux with 2 shirts and no dinner jacket for $10 or $20 less. He bought his own dress shoes but you can also rent them I understand.

I notice that several of the newer ships now have shops onoard to rent formalwear. I assume you can do this without prior reservations. We will find out when Pam researches it for us. I know they had one on the Destiny last year but my son, son-in-law and my son's Dad had opted for bringing a dark suit so I didn't go into the shop.
Old July 23rd, 2001, 07:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

www.cruiselineformal.com is the online way to go. had really good luck with them In January 4 of us rented from them Everything was waiting in the room when we got there. Only one mistake and that was on the part of the renter (coat was to short) Told the stewardess and she got it exchanged right away believe the cost was $90. for tux 2 shirts and shoes
Old July 23rd, 2001, 02:04 PM
Admiral

There will be a form to fill out and send back with your pre-cruise documentation that is received about 45 - 60 days before your cruise to order a tux.
Old July 23rd, 2001, 07:48 PM
SMA

Thanks to you all for the information ! Looking forward to the upcoming story.
Old July 24th, 2001, 09:48 PM
Lady Jag

Also, you can now rent WOMEN'S formal wear!! Can you believe it? Princess offers 2 different skirts and 2 different blouses to choose from. You can rent the shoes too. I just want to know what 2 women want to be seen in the same clothes?