Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan
Default Help on packing!

I have a question about flying for the holiday. I have read the airlines web page and they are asking for everyone too not wrap presents that are checked or carried on. What am I supposed to do with my Daughters presents? Jen is 20 years old so I will be hard pressed to cover this up so she doesnít see them. I have already asked her if she would like to open them before go but that didnít work. Anyone have any good ideas on what to do? I hate the thought of having to wrap everything when we get there, but I donít want the airline to hold my luggage. Any ideas for this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2001, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Help on packing!

Separate piece of luggage just for the gifts?
Old December 20th, 2001, 03:01 PM
m.l.m.

wrap them and fed ex them to your daughter's house with express notice to her NOT TO OPEN them
Old December 20th, 2001, 04:37 PM
Lady Jag

How about making her go through the security check point about 15 people AFTER you. Wrap the presents so that the top of the box or package is easily opened and closed. Re-wrap the package or re-stick it closed by the time she getst through the line.

Next time, maybe a gift certificate will work better!
Old December 20th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Yeoman

Thanks for the great ideas!! My husband found out today that the suitcases has a liner so guess were Jen's presents are, yes you got in the liner of the hard shell. Thanks everyone for the good ideas!!
Old December 20th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just another idea which will work. Don't go through security WITH Jen. Make her go ahead of you and meet you at the gate. Then, have all of her presents in wrapped boxes that you can open and then close up again, (you know, wrap the top of the box and then wrap the bottom of the box.) Tie a ribbon around it after you get where you are going. (Also good for reusing another year).

Another idea, of course, is to use gift bags. Security can peek inside without you having to wrap and unwrap and wrap again.

Have a great Christmas!

PS: Divetex says to tell Jen "Merry Christmas," sell all her presents and get cash back and book another cruise. :o)
Old December 20th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Captain

Use gift bags instead of boxes and wrap.
Carry holiday stickers with you...you know, the gift tag kind that are self stick and then after security put a sticker on the bag closing it shut.
Old December 21st, 2001, 10:29 AM
Yeoman

I just knew you all would come up with some great ideas!! Cruisecam tell Divetex I like his the best but I don't think Jen would like it. She is already snooping around the house for gifts. Besides Jen would want us to take her on the cruise with us, trust me the gifts are cheaper. I think the bags are going to be the ticket for wrapping this year. Thanks everyone for the great ideas!!