Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to meisha
Default November 30th - Is it a good time/bad time??

I guess my post is obvious!!! Is this an okay time for a cruise or is it rainy season??
Be honest--should I change the date of sailing. My husband and I are on Golden Princess (1st cruise) heading to eastern Carribean. So what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: November 30th - Is it a good time/bad time??

Hi Meisha,
Actually the end of November also marks the end of hurricane season, so you should be OK, good time to cruise as far as I can tell, heck anytime to cruise is good for me :-)
We did this cruise over New Years and had a great time.

Here is a link to some great information for a first cruise, I'm sure you will think of more questions as your cruise gets closer, enjoy:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...time/index.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:28 PM
AJ

You never know we went last Thanksgiving and had no problems but you just have to take under consideration it is still hurrican season and it is unpredictable. If your worried about make sure you purchase insurance. More than likely it will be fine.
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:46 PM
First Mate

Technically it is still hurricane season thru the end of Nov, BUT most storms come in Sept, so you should be OK. I've lived in FL for 25 years, so I'm familiar with the storms that come up the east coast. The Carib is different, they get a lot more storms than FL. Travel Insurance is a good idea, tho, no matter when as far as I'm concerned.
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to meisha

Gosh, you guys don't waste any time answering questions, this is great. Ever since we booked the cruise back in January I've been checking out message boards everywhere and this is the best one I've found. I really enjoy reading everyone's input on messages that have been posted. I think I'm hooked and I haven't even left yet.
Old March 26th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: November 30th - Is it a good time/bad time??

Hi: Went on Dawn Princess for Thanksgiving. Not a drop of rain for a week.

Enjoy! Bob
Old March 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Meisha..

First off.. WELCOME TO CRUISEMATES!! Hang around..and join in OFTEN.

And to your question.........We've got a CruiseMates Thankgiving Cruise going out Nov 23 that I'll be hosting..so that should at least make it clear about my thoughts on cruising then.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 26th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Palm Trees

That's our week to cruise the Southern/Eastern every year! The least expensive, for starters. And the weather has been great or close to great that week for years. It's just that nothing is certain, so go ahead and have a great time anyway.
Old March 26th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Meisha, it's a GREAT time to cruise the eastern Caribbean. You should have little concern for hurricanes that late in the year. Most late-season hurricanes form and affect the western Caribbean, not where you'll be. Even if one DID come along, your captain would just move the ship out of the way. In my opinion, not only is late November one of the best times of the year to sail in terms of weather, but it's also the least expensive. Stop worrying, and do look forward to a wonderful experience.
Old March 26th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: November 30th - Is it a good time/bad time??

I cruised close to that week (over Thanksgiving) and met Divetex on that sailing (Sea Princess) about 3 years ago. Divetex - if you remember we had a hurricane that week that went east. Our ship was scheduled to go west and we went west. All ships scheduled to go east went west so it wasn't that big of a deal but the ports were very busy - double the amount of cruise ships in port then normal.

The first night was really bad but after that - it was smooth sailing!

I would cruise it again - just realize that it is still hurricane season.

Theresa
Old March 27th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Like others have said, GO! I have sailed in the middle of November once, western Caribbean. I was "so on vacation" that I didn't even know there was a weather threat in the eastern Caribbean, and some ships on that itinerary were moving towards the western ports. Weather in my "world" was great!
Old March 27th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Holly

5 of our 7 cruises have been between mid nov and school x-mas breaks. It is a great time to cruise. Generally $$ are good, air is moderate and available , the number of kids is limited; and the ones aboard are generally the"good students" who can miss a couple days class and not fall too far behind. That generally means well brought up kids with interested, concerned and watchful parent(s). We have never had a problem with weathr. Generally 1 out of 7 or 10 dys is cold and/or rainey, but what would I have at home? MUCH worse in metro Chicago. The only thing I regret is not getting away in late Jan or Feb but with the reduced $$ I can cruise every 12-18 nonths now that college payments are over so that is a strong factor for me. Currently starting to look at late fall 9-12 day trips, but will probably wait til at least 90 days out to book. I generally book 5-10 weeks ahead. Soon enough for work and air deals and generally catch all but the VERY early $$ breaks.