Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Cookie

Default Is it tacky?

Is it in bad taste to bring your favorite water on board? My medication has a diuretic effect on me and I am always thirsty. I drink lots (I mean lots!) of water to make sure I do not get dehydrated. We are going to the caribbean on the Grand and I'm sure I will have to drink even more in the heat. My husband says I am cheap and is embarrassed I would even consider this! Even if I drink 7 bottles of water a day (which is alot less than usual) @ $2 ea, that's $100 bucks in water! Maybe I do sound a little cheap! Being 1st time cruiser... Has anyone else brought their favorite water on board? I figure since we only are bringing 3 bags (2 are carry ons) that another empty (after the water is gone) at the end of the cruise can be filled with gifts. Give it to me straight guys. Am I tacky and cheap? Thanks for your advice. Cookie
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is it tacky?

I drink bottled water at home, but honestly, when we were on the Grand, I used the tap water on the ship. I added it to the ice bucket and had ice cold water all the time, but in response to being cheap - NO WAY! Tacky? NO WAY!
They charge way to much for bottle water. Bring what you can but try the ships water. Of course, it is a taste issue, some like it some hate it.
Happy cruising!

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Admiral

I always go to the grocery store and buy a couple of bottled water bottles to take with me on the ship. I normally buy 4 and then refill them on the ship.

No - it is not tacky! I think people would do it less if they didn't charge so much for it.
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Cookie

Thanks so much, I feel better now. I showed your answers to my hubby and I am going to compromise. I will take half of what I need and buy the other half on board! I am alot of things, but now at least I know that I am not "cheap and tacky" Thanks again guys. Cookie
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Charlene Hempler

Hi, On our last cruise people were buying cases at the terminal and carrying it on board. It must have been cheaper there. Just a suggestion so you wouldnt have to carry it the whole trip. Char
Old May 20th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Cookie

Default Re: Re: Is it tacky?

Char, Thanks for letting me know. That is so great!! Now I know I will not embarrass my husband, (the one who never uses a napkin, burps like Mount St Helens, and clips his finger nails in public) knowing that others will be bringing on their own water. Cookie

P.S. still love him with all of his "cute" little faults!
Old May 21st, 2002, 10:07 AM
Admiral

We have never drunk any bottled water an shipboard. Most of the ships distill their their water, and it is probably as good or better than any of the bottled water you can buy.