Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Cruisemates Book Club

As an avid reader, i thought it would be great if we could share some great summer reading for all those lucky cruisers...Lying in a hammock by the kids pool is close enough if you squint......I just finished One Hot Summer, which i believe is going to be in Kelly Ripa's book club.....Its by Carolina Garcia Aguilera...This book is set in Miami, and is a great beach book..she also writes a series with a character called Lupe Solano, a spitfire Cuban P.I....Love em all!

Another great series set in Miami is by Barbara Parker,,Can you see a theme here?

Anything Edna Buchannan writes is a must for me.....Also Laurence Shames/ he sets his very quirky and funny characters in Key West..

The Nanny Diaries...This book lets us peek in on the Rich and Famous and how thet raise their kids....very eye opening.....

Also these 3 books with a cruising theme are good fun..
1] Cruising for Murder......Susan Sussman

2]Going Overboard.......Christina Skye

3] Don't Cry For Me Hot Patrami...Sharon Kahn

I have a stack about 20 books awaiting my attention so i will have more faves later...But everyone please share your faves with the gang.......Lets READ!!!!

Trip...Friday CHat Host
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruisemates Book Club

Hi Trip!

I read a lot and have not heard of any of these.

Looks like I am going to the bookstore this weekend. Thanks for the list!

I read 3 books on my last cruise and am taking 3 more on my next one.

Theresa
Old May 21st, 2002, 07:12 PM
celtic selke

Default Re: Cruisemates Book Club

Have read all Carolina Garcia Aguilera; wonderful. I agree about Edna Buchanan too. Just finshed 'You Only Die Twice' her latest paperback. If you like Key West settings, you might like Tom Corcoran's 'The Mango Opera', 'Gumbo Limbo', and 'Bone Island Mambo'. J.A.Jance's 'Birds of Prey" is fun. It's a mystery set on an Alaskan cruise. An author by the name of Kate Grilley sets her mysteries on a Carribean island. I don't know if it is a real or fictional locale, but I could live there, no problem! And all Kathy Reich's books about a forensic anthropologist set mostly in Canada, are great. I am going to check out Barbara Parker on your recomendation. Thanks.

Selke