Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default New or Old.. come out and play

Haven't had a roll call in quite awhile. Seeing lots of new names posting all over the boards.
Newbie, Lurker.. or old regular.. check in.. and come out and play.!!

Kuki here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada... a month to the fun and games of the Calgary Stampede.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: New or Old.. come out and play

Pamda and Queeg checking in from the Quaint State (DelaWhere?) and still recovering from the Let's Get Lei'd Cruise.

Planning to be in the USVI around Thanksgiving Time and wouldn't it be great if we could hook up with the CruiseMates sailing on the Golden ??? (Kuki will be buying BBCs for everyone.)

Old June 4th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Lisa from Greenfield, Wisconsin...still recovering from the Lei'd cruise too - and currently researching her NEXT cruise!

Old June 4th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Kay S.

Kay from Houston and I don't want to recover from the Lei'd cruise but bask in the afterglow for a while longer.
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Yeoman

Bob from Farmington, NY. Recovering from CCL in April and getting ready for Nova Scotia in July. Possible one next April depending on the next bonus check. Bob
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Divetex and CruiseCam

Tom and Camilla checking in from the Dallas, Texas area. Just about recovered from the "Get Lei'd" cruise ..... I'm lmost warm again now. Next cruise is Majesty of the Seas over Labor Day weekend, then Adventure of the Seas over New Years, then Radiance of the Seas Thanksgiving, 2003. Yep, we really DO like Royal Caribbean!
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Admiral

The Bensley's residents of Freeport, Texas for about 3 more years and the we are OUT OF HERE! Been waiting for the kids to graduate from High School. Ashley graduates in three years and we will put the house up for sell and I guess I will have to let you know at that time where we decide to go. :O)
No cruises booked yet, but had a great land vacation to Bradenton last week, and have another land trip planned for later in the year and one more at the later part of next year.

Old June 4th, 2002, 01:25 PM
AUDREY

checking in from Saugus, California. Don't have any cruises planned yet have a land cruise planned for end of July beginning of Aug for Ind for BRICKYARD.
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Mgram and OreckMan from Bradenton, FL. I agree with KayS.....I am NOT READY to recover from the Get Lei'd afterglow just quite yet, either......but we are looking forward a bunch to Thanksgiving, 2003......suspect the magic will continue among the Phlamingos and anyone else who hop aboard.

Old June 4th, 2002, 01:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re:New or Old.. come out and play

Doug checking in from Concord, CA located inland from San Francisco.

I'm recovering from the let's get Lei'd cruise and my post cruise cold also. Nothing booked crusiewise but making plans for a land vacation in Sept.

Would love to join the fun Thanksgiving 2003 but that's way to far off to think about

Take care ya'll

Doug, also known as " Mister Pistachio"
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Phyllbo here in Hartland WI. Waiting for Hawaiian cruise April 03 on Infinity.
Dreaming and scheeming (sp?) for the CM Thanksgiving cruise.
Satisfying my cruise addiction by reading the CM message boards and getting to know the CM folks at the same time. I have nothing but positive reviews for all you.
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Denise reporting in from Fredericksburg, VA (work in DC) and looking forward to Hawaii in Oct. of 2002 aboard the Carnival Spirit and a family cruise in October 2003 to Western Caribbean.

Old June 4th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Reporting in from the state that's still counting votes !!

Considering the Alaska cruise in Aug. or a Sept. cruise to the Western Carib. Now I'm contemplating a riverboat.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 4th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Shar

Hi from the sizzling Mojave Desert!! Approximately 90 days and we'll be on Regal Princess out of San Fran bound for our 3rd trip to Alaska!! Last September we took our heat with us, let's hope we can fool Mother Nature and have some coool weather up there!

Shar
Old June 4th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Y'all!
Reporting in from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia!

Next "BIG SHIP" cruise is on the Golden Princess in 101 days, going to New England and Canada. Can't wait!!

Doing LOTS of little cruises in our boat in the Potomac River, and lakes around here all summer long. Planning on a long weekend the 22nd, and making reservations for Labor Day. All I need is gourmet food, and a someone to clean up the boat when we were finished, and it'd be perfect!!

Take Care!
Jaime
Old June 4th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Donna here (Tuesday early chat host) reporting from rainy Illinois. Very sorry I missed the Lei'd cruise, but am fortunate to be doing the Cruisemates Alaska Adventure cruise on Celebrity Infinity, only 87 more days, but who's counting :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 4th, 2002, 05:38 PM
susancruzs

Hi, everyone! Greetings from NE Illinois and I don't really want to recover from the Get Lei'd cruise because it is 9 long months to the next one, Brilliance of the Seas!

Wish I could hook up with the group for the T-time one but with my early retirement in July and my spa week in August, I just can't swing it. Even the March 2003 on the Brilliance is a stretch but I have to have a cruised booked! Sue
Old June 4th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Reporting in from NE Ohio here. Only 101 Days till next cruise on Paradise (2nd cruise for us, last one also on Paradise). This time got a balcony so really cant wait!
Old June 4th, 2002, 05:59 PM
celtic selke

Hi from NJ. Panama Canal on the Ocean Princess 9/30/2002 and Hawaii on the Sun Princess 2/11/2003. I am reading all the reviews and chat messages about the Cruise Mates Hawaiian adventure to see what to do while we are there. I don't think we will have half the fun you guys did, but we will try. I am laughing all the time at your experiences. I especially get a kick out of the people complaining about the weather. My philosophy is, put me on a cruise ship and I will have a ball, regardless! How can you not?

Selke
Old June 4th, 2002, 08:37 PM
susancruzs

In Hawaii, depends on where you are! My tours in Maui, Kona and Hilo, all the pictures show blue skies with some clouds, no rain! And, yes, I was on the "Get Lei'd" cruise! I really lucked out in my choices because where we drove to or snorkeled it was not raining!!! The rain was no big deal at all, you are on vacation!

I really enjoyed going to the top of the Haleakala Crater (Maui). I did the bus tour up not the one where you bike down!!! The Zodiac Raft Snorkeling was the absolute best, I would do that again in a minute (Kona) and the Kapoho Eco/Snorkel Tour was an excellent value (Hilo). They took us to an orchid farm, a lava tree state park, snorkeling and to a geo thermal pond that was quite warm and great to soak in. I would do that again, too! Normally I don't do ships tours but those last two I'm so glad I did they were the absolute best! Sue
Old June 4th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Hi from sunny, hot, and humid Orlando. Extremely jealous of all those Lei'd cruisers who actually got to go to Hawaii this year. Have Inspiration booked for New Year's - waiting on my Spirit refund so that I can book the Singles Imagination July 4 cruise and looking into something for next spring. Any cruisemates cruises next April/May in the works?

Jodi
If Orlando is the number one vacation destination in the world, where do we go for vacation? See answer below.

Fantasy 8/10/95
Ecstacy 2/9/96
Ecstacy 4/12/96
Sensation 8/23/96
Imagination 5/24/97
Went back to college - couldn't afford food, how was I to afford a cruise?
Triumph 5/12/01
Triumph 5/4/02
Triumph 5/11/02
Imagination 7/4/02 (hopefully)
Inspriation 12/29/02 Does it look like I am in a CCL rut?

Old June 4th, 2002, 08:56 PM
debbe

Hi, I am from rainy Chicago, IL. I am pretty much of a lurker; I do enjoy all the postings though. We will leave for our cruise on Enchantment of the Seas on June 30, 2002.
Debbe
Old June 4th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Admiral

April checking in here from San Jose CA--- rolling my Let's get Leid crusie into Alaska next month on the Radiance so I wont have that awful post cruise depression setting in. Did get the stuffy nose thing and am recoving from that--- Nice to have so many next cruise offers I cant choose---- just need to win the lotto so I can go on them all
Cheers
April
Old June 4th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Admiral

jennifer & Jose checking in from Mesa, Arizona. We're still basking in the glow of getting lei'd....oops, I mean we're still reliving the great moments of our cruise with the CruiseMates loonies! What a super bunch to sail and play with. I'm with Kay, I don't want to get over it. And by the way, Kay and her husband Chuck played a huge part in our cruise enjoyment. They were our dinner mates, along with the delightful Ray and Helen Boudreaux (what a treat!) and our very own Ms. Pamda and her Captain Queeg. What fun each night!

By the way, Kay, what is that blue thing on Chuck's plate in one of Ray's photo galleries? That was the night you all wore antlers to dinner and Jose and I dressed up proper and civilized and went to the Normandie.

jennifer
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:20 AM
First Mate

Bill & Mavis from Victoria, B.C.
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

SeaFan and Timberhead hailing from Liberty Twp. Ohio, the only port that is remotely close to us in the Port of Cincinnati on the Ohio River. I agree with the rest of the posters I don't want to recover from the Lets Get Lei'd cruise. What a great group of people to spend time with, best vacation and cruise we have experienced.

Old June 5th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Cindy here from rainy Illinois. I'm a newbie and mostly a lurker. Anxiously awaiting our first cruise to Alaska on the Spirit in September!
Old June 5th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Hi all,,,,JoAnne here from Beautiful, Sunny & Warm Tidewater Virginia,,,,,No cruises booked at the present,,,,,boo hoo,,,,,,but do have a land cruise planned for the end of Aug to the Outer Banks of N.Carolina,,,,at least i'll get to see the sea,,,,<bg> Jo
Old June 5th, 2002, 09:55 AM
iwillgo

Default Re: Re: New or Old.. come out and play

Hi to all from cool & rainy Homewood IL (burb of Chicago). Waiting for our cruise on The Golden (9/14) our first on Princess cruise number 14!!!!!!!!!
Old June 5th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hey ya Selke, Debbe, and Cindyw.... happy you delurked to share you upcoming plans. Jump right into the chatter anytime. We're a friendly bunch, and no one bites except for Robo.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/