Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just Taking a moment.........

to look at the past! I'm feeling quite OLD this week, yet VERY relieved!

Been worrying myself silly that my oldest wouldn't do well on his finals in time for graduation. Found out yesterday he did just fine, and I watched him leave this morning, with cap and gown in hand for his graduation rehearsal.

I have to tell y'all, the lump in my throat was the size of a soccer ball, and I'm tearing up writing this. What am I going to be like on Saturday, when I watch him receive his diploma? I remember changing the diapers, cleaning up the skinned knees (lots of those!), staying up with the high temps and asthma attacks, helping him deal with his first broken heart, taking his driver's test EIGHT times, leaving for his first job, making the states Honor band, and all state chorus, and all state track team! Lots of milestones in his life, but this is one of those HUGE things!

I'm getting the house ready for a barbecue for family and friends following the Ceremony, so I'll be busy for a couple of days. A good friend of mine is bringing over the margaritas for the winding down time after the barbecue.

Thanks for letting me go on and on!!!!!
Jaime
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Just Taking a moment.........

Jamie,
What wonderful news. I can tell what a loving and proud mom you are right now. Just bring a lot of tissues with you to the graduation ceremony and enjoy every moment of the day. Wishing you lots of sunshine and an abundance of family and friends to celebrate with. Phyll
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Jaime,
Congrats on your sons graduation! I definitely know the feeling, as likely most do. In my case my youngest son just got his driver's license.

A couple of years back I had occassion to speak in public about my two sons, and our somewhat "kuki" family.
As I wrote the speech, it took on a direction, and theme of its own..... It all happens in the blink of an eye! And that is OH SO TRUE.

My eldest son just completed his 3 rd year of college, my other (and youngest) son is a finishing his freshman year and NOW driving (stay of the streets of Calgary), and even with my bad memory, I can still visualize both their births.
From then to now is almost 21 years and It all happened in the blink of an eye!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Admiral

D@mn, what did we miss by not having children? Don't know and probably don't want to. I just remember what my dear mother told me when I was young: "I hope you have children just like yourself." I wonder what she meant by that....................

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Congrats for another major milestone, Jaime! Just remember, though.....it's not until your youngest turns 30 that you should start feeling old. Maybe you should celebrate by booking a cruise?
Old June 6th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Congratulations to you and your son Jamie. I know how you feel.....it seems like yesterday that my oldest graduated from HS, next week it will be 10 years! Where does time go?

Old June 6th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Wow, Jaime......that put a big lump in MY throat, too.....sent me on a major high-speed trip down memory lane! Thanks for the warm, fuzzy, yet sad feelings. Congrats to your son and the family.

DT....my baby was 30 on her last birthday......know that feeling, too!

Old June 7th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Jaime, thanks for sharing that story. Graduation is certainly a time to be proud, while thinking of all the memories.

And the oldest one's graduation I think is the most emotional. It was for me anyway. High school graduation was, I admit, a bit of a red-eyed event for me, but the only red showing after college graduation was the bruises on the palms of my hands from clapping! YES! lol

Enjoy this time with your son.
Old June 7th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Jamie --dont get me started-- my son in the same boat-lol turns 18 on June 12 and graduates on the 13th--- he's had a tough senior year and boy want an attituted too.
My best wishes for both of you--- didnt have this problem -- and emotional roller coaster with our daughter---- no she still hasent met her boyfriends mom-- and it been 3 years now--who turns 25 this month too YIKES !
Take care --- off to find a tissue for the both of us
Cheers
April