Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Claude

Default which line?

Planning eastern carrib. cruise out of Fla. Can anyone really tell me which cruise line is the best? We will be a family of 4-2 kids ages 17 and 15. Love good food, large ship, etc. Must choose between Carnival, Celebrity or Princess but I just can't decide on which. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: which line?

Have you thought about Explorer of the Seas/Navigator of the Seas from RCCL? Your teens will love this ship!

I was bored on Celebrity - I don't know how much the teens would enjoy that (I am 31).

I like Princess but their Eastern itiniary (Golden from fall on and Grand over the summer) is a great ship but not strong port wise (3 ports) which is fine with me because I love the sea days!
Old June 6th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Of those three you may be happier with Carnival but please do not discount Disney or Royal Caribbean. Like T said, the Voyager class is really great for families.
Jim

Old June 6th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Considering the age of the kids (teens) I'd lean with Theresa on this one. Perhaps one of the RCI's Voyager Class. Lots of amenities, so lots to do, and likely lots of teens.

The kids are likely not going to be too interested in the ships kid's programs, but RCI has the teen discos, which serve as a good meeting point.
Carnival would have lots of others in their age groups, but don't have any areas dedicated to kids too old for their Camp Carnival, so on Carnival the kids that age tend to just hang around more.

Old June 6th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Hi, Claude ...

Nobody can tell anyone else what the perfect ship is. If you love good food, I'd give Celebrity the nod, especially the Millie class ships with their specialty restaurants.

However, with active teens, the ports and added activities may turn out to be more important than the food.

I certainly hope you're not planning to cram all four of you into a small stateroom! You might not have any children left at the end of the cruise !!!

I'd concentrate on the ports and what you and Mom (plus the kids) would want to do.

Old June 7th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have to also agree here, check out the RCCL Voyager class ships, great for families cruising together!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 7th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Claude,

If you can't decide amongst all three of them, take them all! It's only money and you'll make more when you get back.

Regards,
Thomas