Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Your First Date..

I was watching something about Hawaii yesterday, when they mentioned Elvis filming Blue Hawaii there, and that pulled me back to the 60's, because that was my FIRST date !! Oh boy,the memories, I think i was 13, and his name was Jack, we walked to and from the movies at the Oriental theater the kind of theater that is long gone now, aw how sweet it was So, Kids...what was your first date, where did you go, and what was his/her name? Did you have a good time, and did you date that person again?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Your First Date..

Considering I can't remember it must have been real bad!

Old July 27th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Oh yea!! I remember her..We were both 15 and we were driven around by her cousin..we were just suppose to be going to get a soda but we ended up driving for like 2 hours...He had just got a new car and wanted to show it off..I spent a month with her that nitght......She was the first one I ever kissed..She is still around and divorced and she never had children...She was kind of sellfish in that manner I think.
She loved her horses and even taught me how to saddle and ride..ohhh Trip..why did you stir these thoughts..>VBG<
Had to edit to add that we dated ofr about 1 1/2 yrs in HS..she dumped me for a guy who had a faster car and MORE money..>G<..it was for the better though..that is when I started dating my DW..and bought a faster car..lol.

Post Edited (07-27-04 08:28)
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Geez, are we getting old or what Sue? I can't remember either! I do remember my first head- over- heels- in -love though, and of course, the heartbreak to follow!

donna

Old July 27th, 2004, 07:47 AM
venice

Wow, talk about shaking one's memories...when I was a teenager my parents did not allow me to date, but I was allowed to go to the prom..My classmate that I asked (Priscilla), was afraid to tell her parents that I had asked her to the prom, so my best friend (who actually had a date), had to go to her house to pick her up (he had a hard time explaining to his parents why they had to pick up two girls). Of course she could not take a picture with me for prom night that she could show her parents, so once again my friend had to take 2 pictures and I had to pay for both

Now flash forward 30 years. Priscilla sponsored a get together for our 30th class reunion (the class was only 39) at her mother's house (her dad had died years earlier)and contacted my mother to contact me to come. We revealed to her mother what we had done and she said she knew but never said anything to her husband. My best friend shared that his date for the evening resulted in a child being born (they married that summer but never told anybody and are still together).

These days for my "first" date, I sometimes take a lady friend on a short 3 day cruise.You can really find out early in the relationship how it's going to turn out by taking someone on a short cruise. I'm not one to go to bars or spend lots of money on dinner so I save fo cruises. That way a "second" date could be a 7 day cruise.

Thanks for jogging my memory..hmmm maybe I'll send Priscilla an e-mail to see if she wants to go on a cruise (smile)
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

dear me,
first dates. We didn't really date in hs and sixth form, we sort of hung out in big groups. i can remeber my first date with my husband. i didn't drive and missed the bus to where we were meeting, so i was late and he had already gone home!! (Cringe) Luckily there was a christmas party a few days later that we were all going to and he was there. the rest, as they say, is history. We celebrate our fifth weddng anniversary on the 7th august on the QM2, so things worked out ok.
lexxity

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

I had convinced Denny Porter that I was Al Kaline's sister. We were both staying with families in a resort town on Lake Michigan for the summer. All summer long, I talked about my "brother Al", we followed his every game on radio. Finally Denny asked me out and we went to Saugatuck for a burger and ice cream.

When he found out I wasn't Al Kaline's sister, I never saw him again.
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Yeoman

I was in 8th grade and he was a freshman! OH I thought I was really something going on a date with a high school boy! My parents only let me go because "his family are good people" and we were going to the movies with his church group. We went to the movies and his dad drove. I will never forget Bill!
Old July 27th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Oh I remember it well. I was the shy one back then (much as I am now). I don't recall exactly where, but I do remember a large , very public room, with quite a few other people present.

I recall being surprised at how outgoing and agressive she was, especially in that day. Despite all the people around us she kept reaching for and pulling the safety pin in my diaper. I responded with the tell tale sign of interest... tugging at her hair.

The relationship went well for a number of years, but alas we lost touch when we moved on to different schools for kindergarden.

During my early teens, it turned out to be very handy having a twin sister. We had a "business relationship". She supplied the girls for me, I supplied the guys for her.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 27th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Admiral

My first date was a Cow! No, I mean a real cow! We were walking through the back pasture and I went to hold her hand and she broke 3 of my fingers. I knew she was sorry so I didn't say anything to upset her. I tried to make her feel better by giving her a kiss, but ya' know.............I just cuddn't do it. It was udderly gross!

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 27th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

We picked up a girl just out of Mobile. We gave her a ride and filled her with a hot meal. I was 15 she was 21. Papa would have shot her if he knew what she'd done. :-)

OK: Seriously:
I actually can't remember my first date. I think it was either going with a girl named Debbi to a school dance.

My first date, with my first love, was a tennis game. I was trounced in two sets. 6-3, 6-2. I was paying attention to something other than the ball. I was completely "smitten". :-) That turned into a 4 year relationship, through high school and the first year of college.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 27th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Admiral

It was Junior High. I took Diane to the 9th grade dance , when everyone thought I was going to take Wendy. My friend Fred was going to take Diane's best friend , but she wouldn't go with him unless I took Diane. Funny thing was, Diane was probably the prettiest girl in the class, I think because of that all the boys were afraid to ask her to the dance. We went to the dance, went to Jahn's (a famous icecream shop in NY at the time) and went home. We separated a few weeks later when summer came and we went to different highschools. I have never seen, Diane, Fred or Donna again.
Ran into Wendy a few years later. I was waiting downstairs in the lobby of the office building where Gram was visiting her OBGYN for a near final term visit on our second child. Gram and a very pregnant Wendy came out of the elevator together. They had been chatting in the doctor's office. Small world.
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:45 PM
VTJen

It was the summer before I started High School. We met at the movies and saw Star Wars. I think I had to pay. Last I heard he is a doctor.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I don't really remember a first date......when I was in high school we travelled in a pack.......I do remember first date with my husband though......we went to Red Lobster......borrowed my roommates' car.......when we got home we found out that the Americans had been taken hostage in Iran.....heavens that's been awhile!
Angela Z.
Old July 30th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went to a boyscout Halloween party which was held in one of the local churches. My date was my high school chemistry partner - I think his name was Dave. It was ok for a first date - I even had a 2nd date with him, but I guess you could say the chemistry was lacking. lol