Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default I Get to Plan a Wedding

My niece just called and told me she became engaged last night. I'am so excited...........
Let me give you a little background, my sister's husband died several years ago leaving her to raise 5 children. I gave her a lot of support, my oldest niece (the one getting married) started calling me Auntie-Daddy. My sister called me today and said so Auntie-Daddy if your going to walk her down the aisle, you'll have to help me pay. My niece is plannig a cruise in November with a bunch of her College buddies. We thought this would be a perfect time for the wedding. Does anyone know where I can go to get more information.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Default Re: I Get to Plan a Wedding

Presuming the information you want is about a cruise (not how to plan a wedding)
I would suggest you find a TA experienced in group cruise travel. I believe the Princess Grand Class ships all have onboard wedding chapels now.
Now if it comes to planninhg a wedding, Gram is the person to ask, she is currently completing arrangements on our third (3 daughters).
Congratulations to your niece and how wonderful that you have had such a profound impact on her life to be asked to participate in such a significant manner.
Old February 14th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kuki

On Golden Princess you can have an Internet wedding... wedding in the chapel broadcast to friends and family at home.

I checked and they dont do divorces <G>

Old February 14th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Congrats!! I would definitely look at the Princess ships (Grand, Golden and Star). 7 day cruises and the ceremony can be held on board (or on one of the Islands), they have wedding planners that will assist and it can be as elaborate or as simple as you wish.

Carnival Breeze with Ray B and Aerogirl 5/4/14!
Old February 14th, 2003, 09:09 PM

If she wants a traditional wedding before the cruise, I've found lots of resources on theknot.com. Congratulations to her (and to you)!

Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Now posting as MichelleP.