Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Default Jay & Karen:

Hi, I just wanted to ask you where exactly is Mount Hope Ont? I know alot of places in Ont. but never heard of Mount Hope.
ALso, I checked out your cruise photos in the photo gallery - very nice! Karen, are you by any chance a body-builder? If not, I must say you are in very good shape!

Donna in Montreal (West Island)

Old April 12th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Jay & Karen:

Bonjour Donna:

Comment ca va?

When you asked on Thursday, I posted this reply. I guess you didn't go back to check for a response, so here it is brought forward from then.

Mount Hope is just above Hamilton. It is the small town where Hamilton Airport (YHM) is located. We are actually considered Hamilton as all the small towns around the Hamilton Region were amalgamated into Hamilton (including Dindas, Ancaster, Glanbrook, Glanford, Binbrook, Flamborough, Waterdown, Lynden,...). We refuse to let go because Mount Hope sounds so much prettier. If you have a map, find Hamilton then start your finger up Hwy 6 towards Port Dover. When your finger crosses Hwy 53, on the right side of Hwy 6, you are in Mount Hope. The airport is the heart of Mount Hope.

From Karen, she thanks you for your comments. She is not a competitive bodybuilder per se, but we do spend a lot of time in the gym working out daily. She has the most wonderful personal trainer - me! Actually we work very hard together on our fitness. She could probably compete in fitness level competitions, but she barely squeezes in her workouts now with her working schedlue. To max out to that competitive level, requires twice as much time that we have. By the way, Karen is not genetically gifted either. Neither of us are. Four years ago we were both 35 pounds heavier and decided one day that we wanted to head down the scale not up. On her 5'1" frame, 35 pounds heavier was a lot. Needless to say, I didn't post those cruise pictures. On a ship, we can be found every day in the gym for an hour and a half.

Anyone that wants a weight loss, fitness or nutrition basic plan, e-mail us. We are often asked and very glad to pass along our knowledge.

Jay and Karen
Mount Hope, ON Canada

Westerdam 1993, 1997, 1998
Statendam 1995
Zenith 1996
Norway 1997
Sun Princess 1999
Volendam 2000, 2001
Century 2002
Zuiderdam 2003
Caribbean Princess 2004, 2005
Victory 2004
Old April 12th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Thanks for your detailed answer, you are really much farther from me than I thought!
Great news about both of your weight-loss and body-toning, you both looked great in the photos, and isn't a cruise the best place to show it off? (VBG)

Donna

Old April 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

A great place to show it off and a great place to ruin it too! Food, food, food!!!

Jay and Karen
Mount Hope, ON Canada

Westerdam 1993, 1997, 1998
Statendam 1995
Zenith 1996
Norway 1997
Sun Princess 1999
Volendam 2000, 2001
Century 2002
Zuiderdam 2003
Caribbean Princess 2004, 2005
Victory 2004