1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
6. Why do "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?
7. Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
8. Why do 'tug' boats push their barges?
9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
10. Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?
11. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light" ?
12. Doesn't 'expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
13. Why are a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy' opposites?
14. Why do 'overlook' and 'oversee' mean opposite things?
15. Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?
16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?
21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
26. When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
27. "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
28. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults seem to enjoy adultery?
29. If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, why practice?
30. When an agnostic dies, do they go to the "Great Perhaps"?
31. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
32. Can atheists get insurance for "Acts Of God"?
33. Is it possible to have deju vu and amnesia at the same time?
34. Why do hair shampoo instructions say "Lather, Rinse, and Repeat". If you did this, would you ever be able to stop?
35. Who decided that "Hotpoint" would be a good name for a company that sells refrigerators?
36. How do you know when it is a good time to tune bagpipes?