Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Yeah!!! It is FINALLY Friday and I have the weekend off!

The cold front came through earlier in SE Wisconsin and though it is still in the low 80's the dew point has dropped from the mid 70's to the low 60's - and that does make a nice difference! Hope it is a lot cooler later this morning.

Getting braced here in Milwaukee to handle the 100th anniversary party of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle......the city is going to be overrun by Harley's.....while not a BAD thing, it will make things difficult for those of us not participating in the celebration. But, when I think of all the money coming in to Milwaukee, I guess I can't complain too much (unless there are some people in my neighborhood who rented out their homes to the riders and I have to listen to the bikes all day and night! lol)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2003, 04:29 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Good Morning Lisa,Mike M. and all to follow from Pearl, Mississippi ! And Yes! Its TGIF!Lisa, I wish we could get a cold front here. It's been in the upper 90's for weeks. With the hummidity, it feels like its over a 100.
Only have 2 things planned for this weekend.
1) Go to New Orleans.
2)Board the Conquest on Sunday. Its been a long wait, but its finally here.

Hope all has a great day and a great weekend;
David
2-days and counting
Conquest
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where more rain is predicted. (there's a surprise for Florida in the summer, right?)
Looking forward (?) to cleaning this weekend and getting caught up after last weekend away. Will try to post a photo to the gallery for Orlando get together. Ray, I'd email you one to post if I knew where to find one on this computer!
Angela Z.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all! Happy Friday. Mike, I wish I had a Hubble to see Mars. I bet that was awesome. I took today off. Plan on cleaning all day. It will be nice to get it done early so we can enjoy some of this weekend. I'm sure we will be back at Jackie's house early Sunday morning to paint. You all have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:22 AM
Admiral

TGIF everyone. Lisa, I have yet to go outside but I know it's going to be a great weekend, weatherwise in our part of the country. Have a great friday everyone!

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:23 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning all,
Angela, I know what you're saying. This was the first morning here in ST PETE that we weren't woken up with the roll of thunder. Looks like this afternoon will bring in more rain. Yipee. Just what the pool needs. Mike, saw an article that says Mars can be seen under 75 power magnification and will look as large and bright as the moon. That's supposed to be in the early nightfall. Now that would be something to see from a ship!!!!
Got to get the kids and husband off. Stay cool and dry all of you. Angela, we are off to your part of the woods tomorrow for shopping. A little precruise bargain hunting. 107 days and counting till the Grand Dec 7
Anne
Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. TGIF indeed! This week has gone really slow for me and I'm looking forward to sleeping late tomorrow. Everyone have a great day!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old August 22nd, 2003, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Good morning from sunny Florida...friday ..I just love fridays. Last evening I had a chance to get to take a walk with my husband on the beach while the kids had youth group..it was so nice and no bugs! Very unusual for us here in FL! Plus we got to see 2 manatees which is always nice!

Today I am starting on my treadmill for just 10 minutes very slowly and hope I can increase it as time goes on...

Everyone have a great day and enjoy life.....

Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Sue I just LOVE manatees! You're very lucky!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Valley of the Sun and No Gas. ! The gas supply is a little better than it was last weekend, but certainly not back to normal. I still have not needed to fill up, so I'm staying away form the pumps and the short-tempered people waiting in line. It's very uncomfortable here today. At 5:00 a.m. when I took the dog outside, it was 90 degrees and 45% humidity. YUK! Oh well, at least we have air conditioning! Happy TGIF to all of you.

Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates wherever U may B,

I wish you all a good TGIF and a better weekend. You Yankees & Maple Leafs, better get your swimming in before summer runs out on y'all. September can't be far behind. Enjoy the beaches, lakes & pools while you can. I still shudder thinking about stepping into the Old Orchard Beach (Maine) waters on Labor day and watching my toes turn blue. Brrr.

We Floridians (i.e., former Yankees & Canadians) will be thinking of you when your cold winds blow.<wink> Yes, we had waters in the low 60s this summer, but that was what we like to call abnormal. It'd better not happen again!!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where the weather is perfect once again.

Mike, I'm glad you got to see Mars last night. Wish it was higher in the sky, earlier in the evening for old LAZY BONES here. :-) I have some real powerful binoculars that would probably give me a great view although not near as good as your Hubble. Maybe if it's clear on the 27th, I'll set my alarm to get up.

Enjoy your weekends everybody and Bon Voyage David. Have a great cruise.

Phyll

Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:51 AM
susancruzs

Thanks for the info, Mike! Glad you are enjoying it! I miss co-worker Paul who kept me up-to-date on all that stuff! He's a former Yupper got interested "up dere" where there "aren't all them there lights"!!! The 27th I plan to drive out a little west of me where there is still some farm land and take a look, skies permitting, of course!

Weather broke at last and now I can do some outside stuff, I guess. Going to a late afternoon play tomorrow, Forever Plaid, so that will take away the better part of the day as we'll probably have lunch first.

Hard to believe Labor Day weekend following this one! I'll be with my sister for five days or so, then when I come back I can start some serious clothes organizing for the Glory Days!

Have a great weekend!

Susie
Old August 22nd, 2003, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates--- nice to see you all posting so nice a early-- but then again us westcoaster there is a time differerence----
Not much new around here-- yes are gas prices are soaring so what else is new--lol
Off to work I go---- inventory tomorrow and all I have to do is work-- no counting for me this time----smiles here---- just wish I was counting--down that is for a cruise--
Have a great day and weekend too
Cheers all
April