CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Freedom.........freeeeedom. Only one more week of freedom! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/266260-freedom-freeeeedom-only-one-more-week-freedom.html)

Thomas December 5th, 2003 12:50 PM

Freedom.........freeeeedom. Only one more week of freedom!

For Michelle.

Regards,
Thomas

PapaBill December 5th, 2003 01:32 PM

Re: Freedom.........freeeeedom. Only one more week of freedo

Or for Mark depending on which perspective you view it.

Angela Z. December 5th, 2003 01:57 PM

Heavens, it seems like just yesterday that her countdown clock was in the hundreds! (at least to me....probably not to her!)
Angela Z.

Seahunks December 5th, 2003 02:23 PM

And I keep monitoring Florida newspapers online for reports of "BRIDEZILLA!"
aka Bigbouquet, or Matrimonisquatch. :D

belgique December 5th, 2003 11:16 PM

Not sure if she's more excited about the wedding or the cruise! Personally, I've always had more fun on cruises than at weddings (mine included!)

In any case, best wishes to Michelle for many years of happy marriage and happy cruising!

MaryLou December 6th, 2003 06:48 AM

Michelle:
How ARE you holding up? I cannot believe the wedding is almost here. Where did that time go?

mbuckellew December 8th, 2003 08:53 AM

Thanks guys... haven't been online all weekend, obviously very busy!

I'm holding up well. I carry my to-do list everywhere I go, and slowly all the lines are getting crossed out. Things are coming together.

We spent a lot of time this weekend talking about the cruise, rather than the wedding... I'm excited about both! I think Mark is more excited about the cruise. He is going out today to buy new dress pants and a blazer for the informal nights.

It also seems to me like it was just yesterday the clock was in the hundreds and I thought the wedding would never get here! Now here we are!

Steve - only one Bridezilla moment so far - we went to meet with the priest, who is about 80, for the last time before the wedding a few weeks ago. He had no idea who we were, no record of the appointment we made, and couldn't find our file. Well, he met with us anyway. I have a gorgeous spaghetti-strap dress and he told me I will need to cover my shoulders "to show respect." WTF??? I went home and cried after hearing that! Totally NOT what I pictured for my wedding. My mom and I bought me a wrap but I am seriously considering "forgetting" to wear it during the ceremony. After all, he forgot about our appointment! He's probably forgotten he even said that about the dress by now!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Thomas December 8th, 2003 10:12 AM

How did he see the dress? Did you model it for him first?

Get a younger priest or if you can't find one in time I can be there in 20 minutes!

Regards,
Thomas

mbuckellew December 8th, 2003 10:17 AM

Re: Re: Freedom.........freeeeedom. Only one more week of fr

No, he just mentioned that bare shoulders were not allowed.

Too late to get a new priest... and thanks for the offer, Thomas, but I think the church would have issues with that! LOL

Cheers,
Michelle B.