Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Saturday Morning!

Good morning everyone!

Geez - I wonder where these weather guys get their degrees from? Podunk U?????? They said last night - just a light dusting of snow - maybe 1/2 of an inch max. Well.........6 inches later <vbg>.........at least it is the light fluffy stuff you could almost broom off the driveway!

Two whole days off in a row - today will be laundry and shopping and dishes day; Sunday will be clean the bathroom in the AM and then settle in mid afternoon to watch the Packers beat the Eagles!

I hope everyone has a great weekend with GREAT weather!

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: Good Saturday Morning!

Good morning CruiseMates.

Lisa, if I had your two days off I would need to go back to work for a rest.
Of course I should talk, get up every morning at the crack of 10 AM, think about work then decide to have coffee. Turn on the computer, watch the stock market, read the CM boards and retrieve all the spam mail (I have no friends).

Happy weekend everyone.

Voyager of the Seas Feb 22, 2004

Old January 10th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Steve and all the CruiseMates to follow: Happy Saturday. I had one of those "great realization moments" this morning. The alarm was going off at 4:45 a.m. I woke up enough to realize it was Saturday and only Gary had to go to work today! What a wonderful feeling to know I could stay in bed for a bit. Sorry, Gary!
Today four of us are heading "north" to go "Mother of the Bride" dress shopping. I hear there is a fantastic store 73 miles away with fantastic pricing. Time will tell. Then, tomorrow, we go to the reception site and make final plans! This wedding is coming quickly. Have a wonderful day and weekend, friends.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 10th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Admiral

GMCM=

I can't believe I'm up this early on a Saturday. Must have been the arctic wind of last night--it just sounded so cold and made the blankets sound and feel so warm. I went into hibernation at 8:00 and was up a 4:45 this morning. Unfortunately, winter has not gone away yet. How I dream of cruising!

Have a great day, all. Stay warm.

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old January 10th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Saturday Morning!

Good morning mates...a quick check in before we meet my inlaws for breakfast. I got word yesterday I did not get the job...felt kind of bummed out about it. I guess being a mom for 20 years did not count for daycare

Today we are doing our weekly food and clothing ministry and tomorrow is a super busy day as our friends are coming up to visit our church.Last night we had friends over and late at night I was hanging over the toilet yuck....Must of been the sugar free candy I ate....but I feel fine now.

Phyll any word on the job change yet? Well I do have to run and read everything else later...........Have a blessed day and ML have fun shopping...

Old January 10th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

GM CMs,

A chilly day here, but no snow! <<<<BG>>>>> Sue, sorry you didn't get the job, but keep trying there is something out there, just takes time. When I was job hunitng took almost 6 months before I finally got one. I think they don't like taking on anyone who hasn't work in a while, but thats my own opinion.

ML happy shopping! and to all a wonderful weekend. Stay warm and safe.

Jeanne

Old January 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
First Mate

Good morning all. I am starting to get into this. Hope it is okay to just barge in. Lisa, I wish I had your energy for cleaning. I am going to try to get something done today. Mary Lou, good luck dress shopping. Good morning Jeanne. Sue, good luck job hunting.
It is freezing here in northern New Jersey. I think we are breaking some records. We are planning our next cruise (our second one ever) for Europe this summer. However, today feels like a great day to look for a last minute bargain in the Caribbean. Anyone want to join me in this? Stop by for a cup of coffee if you are in the area.
Have a great day all.
Bobbie
Old January 10th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

Cloudy out there today and a bit cool.

ML, have fun shopping today. That sounds like a fun adventure. You should post a countdown clock for the wedding for us.

Sue, sorry to hear about the job. That would have been so convenient for you at your kids school. Don't give up. There might be something better out there for you. No job decisions for Jake yet. By the end of the month, he will have to decide what option he is going with.

Lisa, when I checked the live cams in Milwaukee yesterday, it sure looked like you were getting more than a dusting to me too. Sounds like your temps are getting better though.

Have a good one everybody.
Phyll

Old January 10th, 2004, 07:49 AM
L&S80

Morni' from the warmer Pacific Northwest........getting rain, yesterday was 55.......think today will be as warm if not warmer........just a few signs of leftover snow.......
Chuck.....glad to hear that you are thawing out also.....

Sharon

Old January 10th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from freezing cold Long Island. Temps outside right now are 1f. That is without the wind chill factor. For someone who thinks that anything below 70 is cold, this is a terrible thing. Don't even want to leave the house today, but don't have that option. Have to go food shopping and make a run to Costco for dumb things like dishwasher detergent, paper towels, etc.

Only 128 days left till we cruise, can't wait to break into double digits. Really jealous of all those who are leaving to cruise this week. Bon Voyage to you all. Think of us here at home freezing.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old January 10th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. As I look out the window I see that it is snowing. I know it's cold outside without even looking at the thermometer. The thing that's keeping me going right now is that luggage sitting on the bed in the guest room. It will be time to pack it soon and this makes me smile. Have a great day and I'll see ya on the boards.

Post Edited (01-10-04 11:03)
Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old January 10th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where it's warming up - it's only -25 this morning!! Don't really want to go out, but have to make a run to the pet store for some dog food and a consult on my dog's constitutional (you don't wanna know!).
ML, have a fun time shopping for wedding dresses, what's the colour scheme?
Sue, sorry about the job. Can I make a suggestion? Daycares are always looking for people for their substitute lists, and a 20yr veteran mom would be a great qualification. May not be full time or permanent, but you'd probably get alot of work, we daycare educators get sick and need vacations alot!
Bobbie, I barged in here a little over a year ago, and was welcomed with open arms. I feel like I've been here forever! So, welcome, and nice to see you posting!
And Lisa, I'd give up a few degrees (minus) and settle for some of that snow, as it has to warm up a bit to snow! In fact, I heard there's some on the way Sun. Mon. & Tues.
Man, do I need a cruise!

donna

Old January 10th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A day on the plus side of the freezing mark in Calgary. Forecast is for mid 40s F, today and tomorrow, then cooling down again next week.... with rumors of MINUS 30 by mid week.

With my partner away I'm actually off to work this morning. Not having a weekend is really going to make a mess of my body calendar.

ML... driving 70 miles to go shopping??? You women never cease to amaze me! A man would know much better than that! We understand trips like that are to be saved for going to sporting events, or if a new strip club opens.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 10th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Sorry to hear about the job Sue but keep looking.....there's a good one out there somewhere for you.
We're celebrating Dad's 85th birthday today....will boil some lobsters....was hoping it'd be warm enough to eat outside but it's not the summer like weather we had last weekend.
Good luck on the dress hunt Mary Lou, and 70 some miles seems reasonable to me, Kuki! My sister and I have a yearly tradition of driving to Vero Beach to shop.
Angela Z.
Old January 10th, 2004, 09:57 AM
MichelleM

Good morning. My mom got stuck in thesnow storm at the Milwaukee airport last night, their flight got delayed because only one runway was open. No snow north of Milwaukee, just cold.
Old January 10th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruise Mates.

Wow, I certainly don't envy those of you who afe suffering with freezing temperatures. I really hate winter. I'll take our 115+ degree days in the summer any time over those cold and snowy days I grew up with! Today we're supposed to get up to 79 or 80 degrees!

Lisa, once you get revved up with all that cleaning, I know you won't want to stop. Come on over. There's plenty to do here! !

Sue, I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Keep a stiff upper lip and if you persevere something will open up for you.

Have a wonderful Saturday, Cruise Mates!

Old January 10th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Admiral

AZ here I come--lol-- do need to plan that trip to see my daughter-- when she has time--lol
Well we never did get the rain we were supposed too--- and I know we can use the water------- dont want to be in another drought-- even thought its early---season wise.
Well off to work I go-- and yes the rest of the family is in bed--- they dont bother me and I dont bother them--hahahah wish that were the case when I get home--- hate to hear- whats for dinner ?????
Have a great day-- take care and be good
Cheers
April
PS Hi Susie
Old January 11th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Saturday Morning!

Thanks for all the nice wishes for my job hunt.....this job would have been perfect...Donna thanks for the tip.....

Old January 11th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Kuki: driving 70 miles to go shopping??? You women never cease to amaze me! Now c'mon....70 miles is nothing...don't forget, I flew to Ft. Lauderdale for dinner! Ha ha.
Bobbie.....please don't feel like you are "Barging in". No such thing! We are very happy you have found us.....WELCOME.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013