CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Global warming my butt! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/266847-global-warming-my-butt.html)

Thomas January 20th, 2004 09:12 AM

Global warming my butt!

Do you folks in the Northeast, or upper Midwest, believe in this global warming? I think you should take every aerosol can in your houses and go outside and discharge them.

Regards,
Thomas

Set2cruz January 20th, 2004 09:20 AM

Re: Global warming my butt!

Thomas, how can I believe in global waming when it's 8 friggin degrees outside? {{grin}}

From he who's still fresh out of beer.

Thomas January 20th, 2004 09:24 AM

Oh MY GOD!!!! Out of beer???? There are some things in life worse than death!

Regards,
Thomas

Seahunks January 20th, 2004 09:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Read my good morning post.

Remember 35 years ago, when the big fear was the coming Ice age? I also find it funny that a few years ago, a group set out from Norway hoping to retrace Eric the Red's voyage to Newfoundland, using period technology for navigation. They encountered ice fields which blocked the route.

Steve

rollerdonna January 20th, 2004 09:40 AM

Global warming?? Brrrr, not here, that's for sure. I just came back from a dog walk, wearing several layers, including snowpants, and a neck/face warmer, and I now have to defrost before I head out again for the train to work!!

donna (in Montreal, the city of ice)

KimJack January 20th, 2004 09:42 AM

The way this winter has been acting up north, maybe the scientists & pundits should start worrying about "global freezing"! And as for the beer, just imagine having that full case you left out in the garage freezing up on you and exploding. Now that would be worse than anything I could think of!

Jack (who forgets beer he put in the freezer)

MichelleM January 20th, 2004 01:36 PM

It hasn't got into the double digits since last week here in northern Wisconsin. Too cold. My DH treasures his beer so he wouldn't leave it in the garage because it would freeze and break here to which would be a big mess with glass bottles.
Another non believer.

Dorothy January 20th, 2004 03:11 PM

Brrrr.....and right when I think I might *whine* about the 20's here in Atlanta....you folks remind me to shut up and be thankful!

Stay warm oh northern CM's.

dorothy

Tweety January 20th, 2004 08:10 PM

Global warming is happening somewhere other than here on Long Island that is for sure. :-(

Mark&Deb January 20th, 2004 09:46 PM

Mark & I were just talking about how much colder it used to be in Iowa. That we used to have much more snow & more frequent below zero temps. But we decided that after we saw on the weather channel last week that it was minus 47 in Mt.Washington, NH & the wind chill was MINUS 100!!! That we would just shut up when it comes to cold temps - it could be much worse. (but we sure love our electric blankie!!!) and WE MISS ST.THOMAS & ST.MAARTIN!!!!!!

Mark&Deb