Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Martie
Default Pop on Airplanes

Been thinking about taking pop so we don't have to pay (we're cheap) for drink card. Has anyone had any bad experiences like cans blowing up? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sovereign of the Seas

Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Pop on Airplanes

Take them as carryons, but you are flying, to be on the safe side buy them before boarding ship.

Old January 20th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Mark&Deb

We bought ours at a little store in Miami before we got on the ship. Actually - we were surprised at how very little pop we drank!

Mark&Deb
Old January 20th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Admiral

There is always free fruit juice and iced tea at the fountain on the ship, we just drank that when we were cruising, didn't want to pay the high price for a fountain card either...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old January 20th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Pea

My sister recently had an experience with exploding sodas that were left out on her carport. It was amazing! There was scrapnel everywhere. Some busted along the seams...some blew the bottom out and took off like a rocket.

Since the cargo hold of an aircraft can possibly get very cold, I wouldn't take the chance. Buy it before you board. Plus, you don't have to haul around that extra weight or leave clothes behind you might want to bring.

Pea
Old January 21st, 2004, 10:46 AM
MichelleM

I would definately buy it at the port city before boarding the ship, I'm sure a cab driver would be happy to make a stop at a gas station along the way so you could pick up something. I have had other liquids burst in my luggage so I'm very weary about packing anything that might burst in my checked luggage, I don't want to have to deal with that mess again. If soda cans burst in your luggage no amount of wrapping in plastic bags would contain the mess because, as mentioned, they can create alot of sharp metal schrapnal which would slice right thru the plastic. I have had soda freeze and burst in my garage and it was not fun cleaning up.
Old January 21st, 2004, 08:42 PM
DSJ

I flew out of salt lake city with three cases of bud. I wrapped them in a towel and then put them in a large garbage sack , just in case they blew. Never had any blow up or so much as bulge. Buying a beer can be very expensive on a ship. I figured it saved us a 200.00$ or so. I believe beer on the ship is about 3.00$ a can. enjoy your cruise