Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Airport Security

They have a web site: www.tsa.dot.gov Email: tsa-contactcenter@dhs.gov
I have sent them a few emails about "Common Sense" They do need some input they are doing a very poor job. One of my suggestions: Give us a card with our picture and finger print. I am 74 years old a Purple Heart Veteran I get pulled out every time checked for metal in my body

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Airport Security

While I sympathize with your plight, Ben, I would ask you to consider the consequences of a "free pass" document (such as you propose) in the hands of a terrorist. Wouldn't happen? Don't bet on it. Who knows how many "sleeper" terrorist sympathizers there might be in our country, people without criminal records who are "under the radar" of the DHS or other government agencies. Imagine if some of these supposedly model citizens could get issued a document making it easier for them to avoid close scrutiny when boarding aircraft.

If I sound paranoid, that's because I am. I'm also a septuagenarian veteran who flies a lot and who gets annoyed when subjected to extra attention at airport security. I can understand your feeling that you're being unfairly singled out when you set off the magnatometers, and you're right. It is unfair! But consider the alternative. I'm sure that you, like myself, would rather undergo added scrutiny if it meant that a suicidal nut trying to board your flight and intent on dying for his "cause" would receive an equal or even closer inspection.

Jack

Post Edited (02-05-04 06:20)
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Amen to that Jack.

Old February 5th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Admiral

I have to agree with Jack. I'd rather get pulled aside and searched than have to worry about the privacy and security issues that are involved with a national identification system.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 5th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Airport Security

Jack
You being in your seventies maybe you have heard of a senior citizen attenpting to do harm to a airplane or passengers. We are at War with a enemy who is Middle Eastern Predomenantly YOUNG Males they are not Organized Army who are landing on our shores, but the are organized army who are infiltrating OUR Lives. I am NOT suggesting a "free pass document" But a I D Card with picture , fingerprint and list my impairments. They have a I D card now for people coming to this county with a Visa