Who dares challenge the Music Geek?
(Without the aid of search engines) unless directed otherwise, identify the artist who performed the following tunes: In case of duplicate songs, the year the song was released is supplied.
1) Livin' It Up (Friday Night) 1979
2) Give Me Just A Little More Time (Disco Version 1981) - bonus: Who performed the original in 1971, and who covered the disco version in the 90's?
3) (I Wanna Be) Sedated 1978
4) Ivy Rose 1957
5) Sausolito Summernight (this one-hit wonder made it to #25 in 1981)
6) "Spinderella" is the third member of this platinum-selling trio. Who are we?
7) I Can Sing A Rainbow 1969
8) All Hat, No Cattle 2000
9) Whisper To A Scream (Birds Fly) 1984
10) Sand And The Sea 1955
11) This group's first release was entitled "I'm the Face", and they used the name The High Numbers. Who are they now?
12) Pass The Courvoisier 2002
13) Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent 1982
14) Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport 1963
15) I Believe In Music (another one-hit wonder from 1972)
16) Who first recorded the Beach Boy's hit "Barbara Ann" in 1961?
17) Paper Roses 1960 and for bonus: Who covered it in 1973? Both versions reached # 5 on the charts.
18) Jellyhead 1997
19) This lead singer of "The Earwigs" and "The Spiders" recorded the song "Elected" in 1972, and creeped out kids for a whole decade.
20) This group was the first band to have a video game named after their work. The album was called "Escape".
Bonus Bonus Bonus
- Who recorded "The El-Watusi"? 1963
- Who recorded Dr. Frankenstein's Disco Party? 1977