CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Post cruise dizziness - Please advise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/267797-post-cruise-dizziness-please-advise.html)

BobbieE March 18th, 2004 07:09 AM

Post cruise dizziness - Please advise

Hello All. Has anyone ever still felt like they were on a ship several days after disembarking? My head still sort of spins. Is this normal or do I need to call a doctor or take something?
Thank you
Bobbie

Mgram March 18th, 2004 07:17 AM

Re: Post cruise dizziness - Please advise

The none drowsy formula of Bonine or Dramamine should do the trick....the same as it does when asea. Check with your pharmacist about any interactions with meds that you are already taking.

Feel better soon.

BobbieE March 18th, 2004 07:22 AM

Mgram,
Thank you so much. That is what I thought but I was not sure. I have Bonine and know I can take it. I do not feel sick, just kind of dizzy at times. Told dh that I needed a houseboat.
Thanks again
Bobbie

Mgram March 18th, 2004 08:06 AM

Re: Re: Post cruise dizziness - Please advise

<<<<<Told dh that I needed a houseboat.>>>>>

Now Bobbie, I like YOUR rememdy better!

sue March 18th, 2004 08:15 AM

Re: Re: Re: Post cruise dizziness - Please advise

Yes , I had it also when I came back from the cruise. It will pass .........the only cure off course is to go on another cruise right away!

Mermaid March 18th, 2004 09:19 AM

Bobbie - You are Land Sick. You must get back to sea immediately. Get the houseboat.

Pea March 18th, 2004 09:22 AM

My sealegs last for quite a well after I get back, but I don't mind :). It's never been enough to make me physically ill. Mine lasts for weeks.

Pea

pamda March 18th, 2004 09:29 AM

I've also heard it called "land vertigo" -- and, wow, is it weird.

BobbieE March 18th, 2004 10:41 AM

Thanks all. Like the name for whatever I have. Guess I will have to just stay cruising for the rest of my life. I was absolutely fine on the ship and on the ferry ride that many found rough. Guess my sea legs do not want to give up.
Bobbie

MaryLou March 18th, 2004 12:05 PM

I get it every time we cruise. It is a very strange feeling.

MichelleM March 18th, 2004 12:19 PM

I also get it everytime we sail. It is a strange feeling, especially on stairs or in the shower. That is where it is worse for me.

Cruisingbear March 18th, 2004 01:34 PM

Oh, my gosh.!!
I have had a problem with dizziness since we got home from our cruise. Glad to know
I'm not the only one. After a week, it is getting better. Although, I did get very dizzy
yesterday and nearly hit the floor. Thanks
Happy Sailing............

dan p March 18th, 2004 01:54 PM

Take more cruises and you will get used to it.We have been on 28 and still feel it.

Dorothy March 18th, 2004 03:45 PM

I actually kind of *liked* the feeling - except for running into door jambs...

dorothy

cruisinKandJ March 18th, 2004 08:34 PM

I feel woozy reading all of this.

J.

hazelson March 18th, 2004 09:03 PM

I think I kept the "patch" on too long - week on cruise and week in Orlando so I could go on the rides at Universal. The day after I took it off wow - had to take a Dramamine. Felt weird for a whole week but it wasn't really bad - just like that two glasses of wine at lunch feeling - we could just call it cruise-lag - TTFN Jennifer

SharB March 19th, 2004 06:54 PM

Ever gone to use the restroom after you get off your ship and have to hold on to the walls in the cubicle to keep from falling? :o)

After our last cruise in February was the first time I actually got an upset stomach from MDD. Otherwise, it was kind of fun sitting in my office watching my computer table move.

Shar